My 1st look at the Rams vs Giants game!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I know everyone wants to start talking about this game, So here's my 1st look at it! " Tell you young children they won't need to watch Cartoons this Sunday ...

Giants1.jpg
On paper this game shouldn't be close!!
The Giants are 1-6, 0-3 at Home, The Rams are 5-2 4-0 on the Road ( Counting London as a Road game!)
More Rankings:
Passing;
* Goff is ranked 15th w/ a 90.3 QB Rating and he's averaging 246 Yards per game.
* Manning is ranked 21st w/ a 86.1 QB Rating.
( I could go a lot deeper in stats, but that would make this piece a lot Long!)

Rushing:
* The Rams are Ranked 9th in the League averaging 127.6 Yards per game! (8 Total td's rushing)
* The Giants are Ranked 27th averaging 83.3 yards per game! (2 Total Td's rushing)

Receiving:
* the Rams are averaging 13.0 Yards per reception and 251.3 per game!
* the Giants are averaging 9.6 per reception and 228.6 per game!

Takeaways:
* the Rams have 9 INT's and 3 Fumbles for a Total of 12 Takeaways.
* The Giants have 3 INT's and 4 Fumbles for a total of 7 Takeaways.

Defense:
* the Rams have 23 sacks / 36 Pds / 9 INT's w/ a long of 69 Yards / 2 TD's / 7 FF's / 3 FR's
* The Giants have 13 Sacks / 32 Pd's / 3 INT's w/ a long of 43 Yards /1 TD / 6 FF's / 4 FR's

Kickoff yards Returned:
* The Rams are ranked #1 w/ 17 for 507 Yards a 29.8 aver. and a TD w/a long of 103 yards!
* The Giants are ranked 21st 12 for 246 yards and a aver. of 20.5.

and most important of all SCORING:
* Due to the Bye, the Rams are ranked 4th w/ 212 points and 2nd in PPG w/ 30.3!
* The Giants are ranked 30th w/ 112 points and 16.0 points per game!
This is just a 1st look at the game, but rumor has it Eli asked his coach one question during there Bye week ...

Giants5.jpg

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Better beat the Giants, we've never beaten Eli during our time in St. Louis as well as last year. Hope McVay is reminding our team of that so we can obliterate them.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Ask Denver how it goes to look past the Giants...

I love that McVay will have this team grounded and HONGREH!!!!!

I want AD, Quinn, Brockers and Barwin to FEAST on roast Manning!!!

Scirca

Rookie
I just want Jared Goff to throw for 6 tds against the Giants to get rid of this Dak, Wentz, Watson > Goff Narrative. And another 6 tds against the Eagles at home on primetime television to put the nail in the coffin with regards to Goff vs Wentz (which would let @LACHAMP46 sleep better at night).

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd feel better about it if the Giants were able to pull off a trade of Eli Manning to Jacksonville or Denver tomorrow

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If the Rams can simply avoid turnovers this game will be a W. Just don't make it easy on the Gints.

There's always a chance that Manning gets hot, but as long as they don't give them short fields and shoot themselves in the foot this one should be a comfortable victory.

Ram65

Legend
I know everyone wants to start talking about this game, So here's my 1st look at it! " Tell you young children they won't need to watch Cartoons this Sunday ...

View attachment 22455 On paper this game shouldn't be close!!
The Giants are 1-6, 0-3 at Home, The Rams are 5-2 4-0 on the Road ( Counting London as a Road game!)
More Rankings:
Passing;
* Goff is ranked 15th w/ a 90.3 QB Rating and he's averaging 246 Yards per game.
* Manning is ranked 21st w/ a 86.1 QB Rating.
( I could go a lot deeper in stats, but that would make this piece a lot Long!)

Rushing:
* The Rams are Ranked 9th in the League averaging 127.6 Yards per game! (8 Total td's rushing)
* The Giants are Ranked 27th averaging 83.3 yards per game! (2 Total Td's rushing)

Receiving:
* the Rams are averaging 13.0 Yards per reception and 251.3 per game!
* the Giants are averaging 9.6 per reception and 228.6 per game!

Takeaways:
* the Rams have 9 INT's and 3 Fumbles for a Total of 12 Takeaways.
* The Giants have 3 INT's and 4 Fumbles for a total of 7 Takeaways.

Defense:
* the Rams have 23 sacks / 36 Pds / 9 INT's w/ a long of 69 Yards / 2 TD's / 7 FF's / 3 FR's
* The Giants have 13 Sacks / 32 Pd's / 3 INT's w/ a long of 43 Yards /1 TD / 6 FF's / 4 FR's

Kickoff yards Returned:
* The Rams are ranked #1 w/ 17 for 507 Yards a 29.8 aver. and a TD w/a long of 103 yards!
* The Giants are ranked 21st 12 for 246 yards and a aver. of 20.5.

and most important of all SCORING:
* Due to the Bye, the Rams are ranked 4th w/ 212 points and 2nd in PPG w/ 30.3!
* The Giants are ranked 30th w/ 112 points and 16.0 points per game!
This is just a 1st look at the game, but rumor has it Eli asked his coach one question during there Bye week ...

View attachment 22456

Nice workup. It looks like the Rams win on the computer screen. I watched the Hags game and the Giants defense played very well for the first half. Hard to get use to saying it should be a win because the Rams would find ways not to win these games in the recent past. They have to travel but with the week off both teams should be rested. Rams just have to play smart and not give the Giants easy opportunities.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Giants' defense...

24th in sacks (13).
26th in pass plays of 20+ yards (26).
24th in passer rating against (94.9).
20th vs rush ypc (4.2).

It's not a good unit and they're gonna have a helluva time keeping the Rams from running up points.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I think it helps that over the next few weeks that we are playing the Giants, Saints, and even the Vikings, teams that we lost to the last two years... all memorable losses for various reasons

That will make a difference in how the games are approached.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
What worries me is that the Foreskins were not able to beat the Giants to secure a playoff spot in the last game of last season. The Giants had nothing to play for and the Redskins were at home and it was an UGLY offensive performance.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Giants' defense...

24th in sacks (13).
20th vs rush ypc (4.2).

It's not a good unit and they're gonna have a helluva time keeping the Rams from running up points.
I sure would like to see the Rams put up a 40 Burger on the Giants! Seattle Beat them 24-7, and the Giants were healthier then than they are now. The Rams should do better! JMHO

Ram65

Legend
Giants' defense...

24th in sacks (13).
20th vs rush ypc (4.2).

They may be better than the numbers. The Giants offense has put them in bad spots. JJ was injured. Could be a little like the Rams last year. Rams should do fine but, Gaints D could give them trouble early.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sounds like good weather for a strong dose of Guuuurrrley!(y);):yess:
Yeah... weather is their next challenge... can they play in really sloppy conditions?

Let's take a look at the remainder of their schedule.
HOU is indoors
MINN is indoors
NO is in LA
AZ is indoors
PHI is in LA
SEA is outdoors and it can get nasty up there in DEC
TENN is in TENN and that could also be a sloppy affair
SF is in LA

So, the NYG game could have been one of those nasty weather games... but, right now, it doesn't look that way.

That leaves SEA up there and TENN.

Pretty favorable from a weather standpoint.

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah... weather is their next challenge... can they play in really sloppy conditions?

Let's take a look at the remainder of their schedule.
HOU is indoors
MINN is indoors
NO is in LA
AZ is indoors
PHI is in LA
SEA is outdoors and it can get nasty up there in DEC
TENN is in TENN and that could also be a sloppy affair
SF is in LA

So, the NYG game could have been one of those nasty weather games... but, righ now, it doesn't look that way.

That leaves SEA up there and TENN.

Pretty favorable from a weather standpoint.
One small correction for you. The Houston game is in L.A.! That's even more favorable for the Rams! There 1st game at Home, for real, in over a month! The Crowd should be BIG!!

Ramzheart

Rookie
The proverbial trap game scares me?
One at a time fellas!
Another side note seems like Spags enjoys sticking it to the Rams and I'm sure it's a game Jenkins circled!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd feel better about it if the Giants were able to pull off a trade of Eli Manning to Jacksonville or Denver tomorrow
You never know which Eli will show up....The regular season Eli Dumpsterfire Manning...or the guy winning a Super Bowl or two.....No mistakes, and they can't hang with us...Let Janoris see what he's missing...