MVP of the Rams: Andrew Whitworth

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have been thinking about which player the Rams could lose where it would all fall apart if he was out. Gurley and Goff come to mind, being skill players...Losing either would be horrific. Losing Donald would be horrible too, but there is still hope if he's out. Then there is our Pro Bowl LT.

If Whit was to go down, there is no one that could replace him. Saffold would try if he was put there, but we saw in his early years that he wasn't quite good enough and he got injured trying to do that job. Goff being out would force Mannion in the role of starter, which would be almost as bad....I don't think he's ready to be the starting QB (and may never be). Losing Gurley would be a punch in the gut, but we have some pretty good back up RB's that could fill in, imo.

If we lost Whit, it would be time to look at the draft, imo. Whit goes down, Goff would be running for his life...and he can't run all that fast.

fearsomefour

Legend
He has been huge in every way.
He was holding a lot today. Got called once.
Just goes to show. Some guys get called some don't. Or maybe they know how to hideout or let go just in time.
Don't know.
No matter what Whitworth has been great.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
He has been huge in every way.
He was holding a lot today. Got called once.
Just goes to show. Some guys get called some don't. Or maybe they know how to hideout or let go just in time.
Don't know.
No matter what Whitworth has been great.

Wasn't he the one who had the "Back Door" block/hold thing against Clowney on that 94 yarder? Either way, dude is a beast and holds happen all the time...I've seen my share of no calls against us for sure...goes both ways finally.

96GS#007

Pro Bowler
Wasn't he the one who had the "Back Door" block/hold thing against Clowney on that 94 yarder? Either way, dude is a beast and holds happen all the time...I've seen my share of no calls against us for sure...goes both ways finally.

That was Hav :cheers:

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
It was Hav w/ back door block IIRC

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
1009_spo_ldn-l-rams-1009-jm-289.jpg

fearsomefour

Legend
I was referencing Grob always getting called for holds....he held all the time but also got some ticky tac calls against him.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Andrew Whitworth, there is no substitute.