Must do vs. SF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
In my opinion the Rams have to commit to running the ball vs. the Whiners.
The Colts did so with great success. It really limits the opportunities for the Whiners O, it would assist our D and it is a way to impose physicality on another team, something that has been lacking so far. Aaannndddd if the Rams can get something solid going in the run game it may force the safeties down and open up some of the vertical passing game.
I noticed the Colts ran a lot of double teams on the line. The Whiners are down to a small back up NT and their most athletic explosive Dlineman is out. I would love to see Wells and either Williams or Dahl drive that NT back about 4 yards over and over early in the game. Double the NT with the other G going out to pick off a LB with a TE (not Cook) serving as a lead blocker. Long is going to have to hold his own vs. Smith. I would also like to direct plenty of runs at Justin Smith pound the ball right at him with plenty of double teams....let Long earn his keep in the running game this week.
Pounding the ball like the Colts did will force those S down and should help open up the passing game.

To me that is what this game comes down to....can the Rams run the ball and achieve balance on offense and can we contain big runs from Kap.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Another must is to get someone, anyone into a 1 on 1 with craig dahl. It doesnt matter who it is, I personally guarantee they will get open and probably have a clear path to the endzone.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
fearsomefour said:
The Colts did so with great success. It really limits the opportunities for the Whiners O, it would assist our D and it is a way to impose physicality on another team, something that has been lacking so far. Aaannndddd if the Rams can get something solid going in the run game it may force the safeties down and open up some of the vertical passing game.
I noticed the Colts ran a lot of double teams on the line. The Whiners are down to a small back up NT and their most athletic explosive Dlineman is out. I would love to see Wells and either Williams or Dahl drive that NT back about 4 yards over and over early in the game. Double the NT with the other G going out to pick off a LB with a TE (not Cook) serving as a lead blocker. Long is going to have to hold his own vs. Smith. I would also like to direct plenty of runs at Justin Smith pound the ball right at him with plenty of double teams....let Long earn his keep in the running game this week.
Pounding the ball like the Colts did will force those S down and should help open up the passing game.

To me that is what this game comes down to....can the Rams run the ball and achieve balance on offense and can we contain big runs from Kap.

Yes & hell yes Rams must run the ball to the left side. This 9er team is mucho weaker after their loss to the Colts. Currently, 9ers defense is in a tailspin Right starting ILB'er all pro Patrick Willis has a real bad groin & Right all pro DE Aldon Smith is out. Willis will be replaced by 2nd yr LB'er named Wihoite & Smith by two player Skuta & Dobbs!

As we have been discussing 9ers do not have a NT on their roster The middle Right of that front seven can be moved. Plus Right CB Nnamdi Asomugha has a bad knee. If Shotty does not take advantage of this he is just plain dumb. The Colts showed us how its done.

Rams left side OL has some health issues too with Chris Williams foot still bothering him & Jake Long's knee flared up again. If Chris & Jake are weakened then the 6-8 345 pound Max Starks & 6-4 308 pound Tim Barnes should show them how to make holes through that 9er line run middle left please.

The 9ers offense that we played in 2012 is without their top two WR's (Crabtree & Manningham) & all pro TE Vernon Davis with a real bad hammy. Our teams coaches must be able to take advantage of these match-ups. Run the ball.

iced

if we can't win at the point of attack against Glenn Dorsey at NT something is seriously wrong with Williams/Wells/Dahl

fearsomefour

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
iced said:
if we can't win at the point of attack against Glenn Dorsey at NT something is seriously wrong with Williams/Wells/Dahl

Agreed in total.

BonifayRam said:
fearsomefour said:

Yes & hell yes Rams must run the ball to the left side. This 9er team is mucho weaker after their loss to the Colts. Currently, 9ers defense is in a tailspin Right starting ILB'er all pro Patrick Willis has a real bad groin & Right all pro DE Aldon Smith is out. Willis will be replaced by 2nd yr LB'er named Wihoite & Smith by two player Skuta & Dobbs!

As we have been discussing 9ers do not have a NT on their roster The middle Right of that front seven can be moved. Plus Right CB Nnamdi Asomugha has a bad knee. If Shotty does not take advantage of this he is just plain dumb. The Colts showed us how its done.

Rams left side OL has some health issues too with Chris Williams foot still bothering him & Jake Long's knee flared up again. If Chris & Jake are weakened then the 6-8 345 pound Max Starks & 6-4 308 pound Tim Barnes should show them how to make holes through that 9er line run middle left please.

The 9ers offense that we played in 2012 is without their top two WR's (Crabtree & Manningham) & all pro TE Vernon Davis with a real bad hammy. Our teams coaches must be able to take advantage of these match-ups. Run the ball.

Yep, now is a time to take it out of them early and often. I am with you I want to run right at Justin Smith, pound him, take the starch out of his game early. When the Whiners are getting chipped away at 4-5 yards a pop they will have to implement run blitzes and bring the S down....thats when Cook can run amoke.

At some point, regardless of what fancy O a team is running, it comes down to being able to run the ball. This is why I was surprised the Rams didnt keep a real FB on the roster. Look at the Rams v Eagles NFL Title game....pass happy Martz realized he had to pound the ball the second half of the game to change the tone and secure a victory. Simply put the Rams HAVE to run the ball this week. If Schott' cant see this (unless the Whiners are playing a run D with everyone in the box....which they might) then he has to go.
The interior of Williams/Wells/Dahl promised a bit of nasty they have not delivered at all. Might be play calling may be attitude. With the investment in that group they need to own this game. If Williams is slowed too much by his foot get him out of there....although in my opinion he was the best getting to the second level in the preseason.
Pulling Gs and all that? Naw. This week just needs to be straight up physical blocking until they change their D. Heck Id like to see a quick triple team on the NT get a good push with the Gs pealing off to try and the LB with Pead or Stacy running right behind that triple.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
fearsomefour said:
This is why I was surprised the Rams didnt keep a real FB on the roster. Look at the Rams v Eagles NFL Title game....pass happy Martz realized he had to pound the ball the second half of the game to change the tone and secure a victory. Simply put the Rams HAVE to run the ball this week. If Schott' cant see this (unless the Whiners are playing a run D with everyone in the box....which they might) then he has to go.

Rams have Lance Kendricks who is an outstanding FB/H-Back in the backfield he needs to be used like he was last season on those Whams blocks inside on Dorsey & Justin Smith. Rams have a bonified throw back Fullback in uniform but he is on the PS. His name is Eric Stevens he is 5-11 245 pounder who could be called up if TE McNeil keep on the injury list. Do not forget about FB/H-Back Harkey who is a load @ 6-4 260 solid piece of carbon steal. Fisher could really pound the ball with these guys using Stacy & Cunningham add in a little Pead too.

fearsomefour

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Harkey would be the guy for me in this game....I thought he was injured.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Is it time to give Zac Stacy a shot at running the ball?

Me: Yep.

If we contain Kaeperdick's runs... and we force him to throw... and we ditch the off-coverage we stand a real good chance.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
If we are going to beat the 49ers we are going to have to run the ball with effectiveness and contain the run on D. I believe the Rams have Kaepernick figured out.

This is a must win for our season. A division game at home that can put us back to 0.500 and 2-0 in the division. The loser drops to a nearly impossible 1-3.

We need to hit the 49ers in the mouth here! :box:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ramrasta said:
If we are going to beat the 49ers we are going to have to run the ball with effectiveness and contain the run on D. I believe the Rams have Kaepernick figured out.

This is a must win for our season. A division game at home that can put us back to 0.500 and 2-0 in the division. The loser drops to a nearly impossible 1-3.

We need to hit the 49ers in the mouth here! :box:
Yeah, what he said.