Mulligan Peter King Special Teams Player of the Week

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
Special Teams Players of the Week
Matthew Mulligan, TE, St. Louis. On a day with two jillionaire quarterbacks dueling at the Bob Jones Dome, a backup tight end born in Bangor, Maine, and raised in Enfield, Maine, and high-schooled in Howland, Maine (and should I mention he went to the University of Maine, in Orono, Maine?) was the late star of the show. Mulligan blocked a Sav Rocca punt near the end of the third quarter of a tight game, and St. Louis recovered at the Washington 24. Four plays later, Mulligan worked his way through the line at the Washington one and caught the game-winning touchdown pass in a 31-28 Rams victory.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/w ... z26mRGHOei

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Well deserved. Kudos to Mulligan.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Since Pead and Quick have completely gone in the doghouse, between Mulligan and DR coming out of nowhere to become big play contributers, it kinda evens out.
I'm hoping Quick get to play sometime soon just because of the high draft pick and he's such a big target. But, the little mouse on crack (Danny) proves you don't have to be big to be good.
Gibson is playing out of his mind too.

Here is a quote from Sept 7th from Quick:
"I mean everybody wants to play," said Quick, who made a dazzling one-handed grab in practice Wednesday. "I want to play. We'll see how it happens."

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
RamsSince1969 said:
Since Pead and Quick have completely gone in the doghouse, between Mulligan and DR coming out of nowhere to become big play contributers, it kinda evens out.
I'm hoping Quick get to play sometime soon just because of the high draft pick and he's such a big target. But, the little mouse on crack (Danny) proves you don't have to be big to be good.

"I mean everybody wants to play," said Quick, who made a dazzling one-handed grab in practice Wednesday. "I want to play. We'll see how it happens."

I wouldnt say they are in the doghouse. Richardson just beat Pead for the no. 2 job, and the vet WRs are playing well enough so the rookies continue to get limited snaps.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
JdashSTL said:
RamsSince1969 said:

I wouldnt say they are in the doghouse. Richardson just beat Pead for the no. 2 job, and the vet WRs are playing well enough so the rookies continue to get limited snaps.
It sounds so much better to say Richardson played better than Pead. It sounds good for our depth too.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Ram Quixote said:
JdashSTL said:
RamsSince1969 said:

It sounds so much better to say Richardson played better than Pead. It sounds good for our depth too.

Yep, I think he just did. I don't think Quick and Givens not getting action is anything against them either. They're still growing, the coaching staff is working them in slowly. With Amendola and Gibson doing well and Smith making some plays here and there, it's not critical that Quick and Givens are getting 5+ targets a game. When defenses start to cover those guys more, I'm betting Quick and Givens get more time to change things up and throw defenses off.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
bluecoconuts said:
Ram Quixote said:
JdashSTL said:
RamsSince1969 said:

Yep, I think he just did. I don't think Quick and Givens not getting action is anything against them either. They're still growing, the coaching staff is working them in slowly. With Amendola and Gibson doing well and Smith making some plays here and there, it's not critical that Quick and Givens are getting 5+ targets a game. When defenses start to cover those guys more, I'm betting Quick and Givens get more time to change things up and throw defenses off.

And Pettis is coming back as well. We have plenty of time to develop Quick and Givens.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
bluecoconuts said:
Ram Quixote said:
JdashSTL said:
RamsSince1969 said:

Yeah, he did. I was ganging up on the doghouse comment. :mrgreen:

It's even more good news that we don't need to rely on rookie WRs.