Most Important Rams for 2019?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was considering today who were the top five people in the Rams organization for this year. I'm including coaches, front office staff, and players in this, but not the owner. Of course Kroenke is pivotal in the Rams presence in LA and in paying for everything, but lets exclude him for this list. Remember, this is the most important individuals list and not necessarily the most talented. My List is as follows:

1. Sean McVay: No brainer, right? Without this guy, our organization is not where it is today. If you had given Fisher, Spags, or Linehan the current team, I don't believe the Rams would have the success it will have this year, and certainly not in the years to come. McVay is a leader and expects full accountability of himself and everyone who works for the organization. He is also an innovative offensive coordinator/Head Coach with tons of energy, and the players buy in. He is the most important Individual to me, for 2019 (and beyond).

2. Jared Goff: Yeah, I know he's not the best QB in the NFL but he is certainly top 10. He gets a bad rap from the national media like stupid Florio & Co. for the Super Bowl loss and for being McVay's puppet, which are both ludicrous ideas. He is a franchise QB and is the best one we have had since Marc Bulger. How many QB's did we try with FA's and a first round pick before we found a guy that could execute a complicated offense? Watching the Cardinals give up on Rosen after one stinkin year for another crap shoot pick and a fired HC (& staff), is amazing to me. Not a rap on Murray, but there are no guarantees in picking QB's in the draft(hello Sammy!), and we are lucky with Jared Goff.

3. Les Snead: I have to admit that I was surprised Snead survived the sacking of Jeff Fisher, and I would have probably agreed with it if it had happened. But, what a couple of years Snead has had picking talented players in later rounds and making moves in FA and the NFL Draft to build this team. I considered making the option McVay/Snead, because their success goes hand in hand, but Snead deserves separate recognition.

4. Todd Gurley: Yes, it was repeated constantly that the Rams offense ran through Todd Gurley in 2018, and he was damn important. In 2019, we don't know exactly what we are getting with him, but it's hoped that we'll see the same ole' Todd. With the addition of Darrell Henderson and the retention of Malcolm Brown, John Kelly, and Justin Davis...we'll have a dang good RB group. Henderson is supposed to be a dual threat like Gurley (running and catching passes), but then Kelly was supposed to be that guy last year, so we'll see. I have him below Goff because as important as Todd is, a franchise QB is more important.

5. Aaron Freakin' Donald: Maybe the best player in the NFL, but his position isn't as important as the two players above him. I even considered Andrew Whitworth in this spot because of how important he is for the QB's blind side, but AD is a transformational player who has so much affect on opposing QB's that he deserves to be here. It's not just the sacks, but also the QB pressures as he makes the best QB's in the NFL play like Ryan Leaf. He also lives in the backfield and has a history in 2018 for tackling RB's for negative yardage.

This is my list, what is yours?

Last edited:

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Given your criteria, you missed the most important person Loyal. The guy at the top, Stan Kroenke. Without him buying into majority owner, (buying out Rosenbloom's son was key to controlling interest), Rams would probably be still wallowing in busted draft picks, losing seasons, unqualified HC's and playing in a bottom tier stadium, and none of the people mentioned above would be Rams.

Ram65

Legend
I was considering today who were the top five people in the Rams organization for this year. I'm including coaches, front office staff, and players in this, but not the owner. Of course Kroenke is pivotal in the Rams presence in LA and in paying for everything, but lets exclude him for this list. Remember, this is the most important individuals list and not necessarily the most talented. My List is as follows:

1. Sean McVay: No brainer, right? Without this guy, our organization is not where it is today. If you had given Fisher, Spags, or Linehan the current team, I don't believe the Rams would have the success it will have this year, and certainly not in the years to come. McVay is a leader and expects full accountability of himself and everyone who works for the organization. He is also an innovative offensive coordinator/Head Coach with tons of energy, and the players buy in. He is the most important Individual to me, for 2019 (and beyond).

2. Jared Goff: Yeah, I know he's not the best QB in the NFL but he is certainly top 10. He gets a bad rap from the national media like stupid Florio & Co. for the Super Bowl loss and for being McVay's puppet, which are both ludicrous ideas. He is a franchise QB and is the best one we have had since Marc Bulger. How many QB's did we try with FA's and a first round pick before we found a guy that could execute a complicated offense? Watching the Cardinals give up on Rosen after one stinkin year for another crap shoot pick and a fired HC (& staff), is amazing to me. Not a rap on Murray, but there are no guarantees in picking QB's in the draft(hello Sammy!), and we are lucky with Jared Goff.

3. Les Snead: I have to admit that I was surprised Snead survived the sacking of Jeff Fisher, and I would have probably agreed with it if it had happened. But, what a couple of years Snead has had picking talented players in later rounds and making moves in FA and the NFL Draft to build this team. I considered making the option McVay/Snead, because their success goes hand in hand, but Snead deserves separate recognition.

4. Todd Gurley: Yes, it was repeated constantly that the Rams offense ran through Todd Gurley in 2018, and he was damn important. In 2019, we don't know exactly what we are getting with him, but it's hoped that we'll see the same ole' Todd. With the addition of Darrell Henderson and the retention of Malcolm Brown, John Kelly, and Justin Davis...we'll have a dang good RB group. Henderson is supposed to be a dual threat like Gurley (running and catching passes), but then Kelly was supposed to be that guy last year, so we'll see. I have him below Goff because as important as Todd is, a franchise QB is more important.

5. Aaron Freakin' Donald: Maybe the best player in the NFL, but his position isn't as important as the two players above him. I even considered Andrew Whitworth in this spot because of how important he is for the QB's blind side, but AD is a transformational player who has so much affect on opposing QB's that he deserves to be here. It's not just the sacks, but also the QB pressures as he makes the best QB's in the NFL play like Ryan Leaf. He also lives in the backfield and has a history in 2018 for tackling RB's for negative yardage.

Great list. Really can't change it. Things could change during the season do to inj.......never mind Rams stay healthy.

dang

Legend
2 changes

4. Donald
5. Weddle - I love Gurley but he won’t be the workhorse anymore. Weddle because if he has an all pro season then the Defense will be top 5 which removes pressure from offense to score more than 24 each week.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Given your criteria, you missed the most important person Loyal. The guy at the top, Stan Kroenke. Without him buying into majority owner, (buying out Rosenbloom's son was key to controlling interest), Rams would probably be still wallowing in busted draft picks, losing seasons, unqualified HC's and playing in a bottom tier stadium, and none of the people mentioned above would be Rams.
I excluded him, but gave his importance as a given.

Rams43

Hall of Fame

That’s a “real fine” list there, Loyal.

I would respectfully have to include both Kroenke and Demoff to be added making this a top 7 list.

Without Kroenke none of this happens. None.

Without Demoff, Snead and McVay don’t happen. Not to mention Demoff’s masterful handling of that pesky cap that made so many of the successful personnel moves even possible.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I can not wait to see how well corners Talib & Peters go off once they realize that Lamarcus Joyner is not here anymore @ deep safety & this new guy #32 is a wizard @ reading QB's minds.:bow:

Wade is sure to just turn #32 loose in our secondary. It's been a long time since the Rams had a natural ballhawk, savvy & smarts to scare even the most confident great QB's into timidity.

Eric Weddle is my #1.

Last edited:

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
The most important THIS season?
1) McV/Goff. That's really a tandem. It's hard to find great HOFs in either category w/o them embraced with the other.
2) Gurley/his situation. Either he returns as a monster, or our contingency plan can inspire the same fear and fuel our play action game.
3) the DONALD AURA. How teams plan on him, his results, and the resulting #s of everybody else on defense.
4) JJ3. We are stocked with mercenaries and end of the line vets looking for NOW. JJ3 represents the future and a long run. This guy is a stud and I expect a big year from him.
5) Every first year starter on the OL.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Hell of a write up there and hard to argue with your choices.

I’d add Joe Noteboom.

A lot is riding on him... filling Saffold’s shoes, plus we’re banking on him to swing out to tackle at some point.

The offense runs thru the offensive line in many ways. We need Joe to emerge in 2019.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hell of a write up there and hard to argue with your choices.

I’d add Joe Noteboom.

A lot is riding on him... filling Saffold’s shoes, plus we’re banking on him to swing out to tackle at some point.

The offense runs thru the offensive line in many ways. We need Joe to emerge in 2019.
I think Joe Noteboom has the potential be the best new starting player on the team, for sure. When I've seen him play in real games, he's never disappointed me....