Most glaring need

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What is the single biggest area of need going into the draft?

• OT

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • IOL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DT

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • Edge

Votes: 71 74.0%
  • MLB

• DB

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • WR

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • RB

• TE

• QB

• Total voters

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
So 270 lbs projection? We heard that's 5 lbs more than AD. AD the DT has to be replaced but it's a difference maker is the true NEED. And not all DT picks have as good of a shot as being a difference maker as a real edge could.
Yes, they need a difference maker.
That doesn't change the fact that they have to replace 1500 snaps on the inside and 0 on the outside.
2 starters gone on the inside, zero gone on the outside.

I also don't know how true that is about edge vs tackles when it comes to being a difference maker. Seems like an overly broad statement to me.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I’m going to go out on a limb here. McSnead had a ”come to Jesus” meeting with Donald and Stafford as soon as the season ended.

McSnead to Donald: “Aaron. if we focus this offseason on defense how many years do you see yourself playing?” Donald: “ Sorry but I’m out. I just can’t put my usual 120% into it this year. I enjoyed the young guys in 2023 but the load to bear is just too much”.

Mc Snead to Stafford: “Matt. if we focus this offseason on offense how many years do you see yourself playing?” Stafford: “ I liked 2023 but if you put even more focus on offense this offseason I see myself loving the next 3 years. Give me the tools and I will give you the offense of your dreams”.

So 2024 Draft will prioritize Offense with LT/WR2B/RB2. Drop the mic. And don’t forget the Draft isn’t the end. There will be enticing cuts and possibility of trading for someone significant before the trade deadline.
Nah.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, they need a difference maker.
That doesn't change the fact that they have to replace 1500 snaps on the inside and 0 on the outside.
2 starters gone on the inside, zero gone on the outside.

I also don't know how true that is about edge vs tackles when it comes to being a difference maker. Seems like an overly broad statement to me.
And those 1500 snaps do not have to be in the first two picks only. That's the entire point. It's a question of what the Rams feel is the best way to do it. What a lot are doing and saying is the first round doesn't have to be a DT it doesn't even have to be an edge. It doesn't even have to be a draft pick there are still veterans out there to sign.

It's pretty easy 1st round LT
2nd round Edge
3rd round DT and WR
5th round ILB DT CB/S

We can replace those 1500 snaps whenever we want to. We can also upgrade all of Jackson, Hoecht and Robinson's snaps in the process. I don't get this single minded focus that we have to do it in the first round.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
We can be fairly sure of one thing. Things will probably not go the way we expect. Maybe when it's all said and done, many years from now, Chris Braswell will be the best edge from the 2024 class? Maybe the best WR will be Xavier Worthy or Brenden Rice? Maybe the best tackle will be Mims or Guyton. Maybe the Rams will be Superbowl Champions this year. Maybe next year. We. Just. Don't. Know.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Look, I want lots of players for the Rams. But we don't know how long Stafford is going to play. Maybe years. Maybe he will get injured in 2024, and Kelly will convince him to retire. The Rams have tried to mitigate it, but it can happen, as we all know. If the right player falls to them, they should go get him. I mean, Stafford HAS missed 10 games the previous 2 seasons.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I voted Edge. On paper it stands out as a need.

But, that doesn’t mean we go Edge at 19, IMO.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I voted Edge. On paper it stands out as a need.

But, that doesn’t mean we go Edge at 19, IMO.
I am curious if they think Mathis has any chance to be a solid starting edge? Draft day might tell us that.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I am going to continue today The Rams go DEFENSE!! With this 2024 Draft & all The QB’s WR’s going.

I can not see The Rams going Offense with The 19th pick

Sometimes the best defense is an awesome offense.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I’m not sure Les is a guy who is going to force the biggest need anyway - but I can absolutely see the Rams going tackle or WR at 19

I could even see a QB - depending on what they are hearing from camp Stafford and who is there

Let’s play devil’s advocate ?? It Sorta PISSES ME OFF thinking a certain way though.

Even if Les & The Rams do go that way I would be VERY VERY UPSET!!!

In a way I HATE(YES HATE) certain Rams FANS !! That’s me though. I have a GF that wants to be a 9ers FAN (WTF ?)

I’m a KOOL-AIDE drinker though.Still IMO opinion a player like Verse is getting over looked ?
I say that because of his. Valuations ? Latu is a Player I think is a Top Rated Player ??? He has that drive that I will use this vs anyone who SCOUTS PLAYERS!!
Latu has a Lawerence Taylor type foot plant coming off The Edge ???
I only watched The Combines live.He goes A to K as quick as anyone ?? I’d say L- & beyond ???

Anyways I have a friend who is a Bears(couple friends) that evaluate players ? I’d say last year with Byron Young The Drama worked out well.

Puka & Turner were players before they were drafted did not know much about. I used to go deep in the draft,but usually find players I like in certain rounds of the draft.

Steve Avila was a MUST DRAFT PICK!!! IMO The Rams need O’-Line help!!!! I mean where would The Rams have been without Avila & Dotson last season ???? Alaric Jacksonnis not a JAP,but maybe as a LT ? I still say Joesph Noteboom has a chance to beat AJ out at LT.Add to that that in 2022 if Noteboom was healthy The Rams with Alaric Jackson at RG would have been ok ? Bruss was a HORRIBLE draft pick & Sean Mcvay pressing need over Best Avaible just added to The Creed(2 super bowls & a pro bowl ) passing.

Atwell should have a solid season & by time for The Rams at WR ? Anyway Byron Young IMO was a 1st(2nd) rd pick value wise. The Rams got LUCKY to get a Player like Young.

Payton Wilson is my Byron Young this season.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
And those 1500 snaps do not have to be in the first two picks only. That's the entire point. It's a question of what the Rams feel is the best way to do it. What a lot are doing and saying is the first round doesn't have to be a DT it doesn't even have to be an edge. It doesn't even have to be a draft pick there are still veterans out there to sign.

It's pretty easy 1st round LT
2nd round Edge
3rd round DT and WR
5th round ILB DT CB/S

We can replace those 1500 snaps whenever we want to. We can also upgrade all of Jackson, Hoecht and Robinson's snaps in the process. I don't get this single minded focus that we have to do it in the first round.
I never said what position they should take in the first round, either way.

The question was what is the most glaring area of NEED going into the draft.

It's not close.. they need two starting-level DTs.

As for WANTS??? I want any player they pick to be a difference-maker.
But... saying they're GOING to draft a difference maker.. anywhere.. at 19? Is a hope. Look at the Edge players drafted there or later in the first last year.. and you see how hoping you'd get a difference maker leads teams to overdraft guys, imo... or, at the very least.. you get to see how unlikely it is to get a first-year impact guy there at that draft spot.
The Rams waited and found a solid first-year pass-rush edge in the 3rd. Unusual and fortunate, for sure.
They also found Kobie Turner by being patient.

I've been one of the most consistent "they need an edge" guys since last season.. and they still need an edge!!!
But they just lost Aaron Donald and Jonah Williams.
Williams is, obviously, much easier to replace... but they absolutely NEED two starters on the DL. They don't have any.
They're not moving Hoecht into Williams spot... although it seems likely he'll be moved inside some on obvious pass rush downs.

What I'm saying is that I'm answering the actual question posed.

If we talk about wants and hopes, I think that's a different thing.
Absolutely the bolded and have said that many times about a handful of roster spots. People see somebody being adequate and defend the player. Hoecht, Rozenboom, Trammell, Skow etc etc etc. They see a guy come in do ok look at his draft status and defend the player. We should absolutely upgrade people like them. Jackson is no exception, he had a good year but we can get better there 100%.
But the same kind of bias exists going the other way.
People see that Alaric Jackson was a UDFA and assume he's a limited talent rather than look, objectively, at his performance last year.
He gave up three penalties and one sack all season, using PFF's stuff.. and graded out in the middle of the pack in their metrics.
He outperformed guys like Donovan Smith.. Charles Cross and numerous others.

I'm not saying *don't* draft a badass LT prospect if he's there at 19... I'm saying that I think there's a bias *against* Jackson.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I am curious if they think Mathis has any chance to be a solid starting edge? Draft day might tell us that.

No matter what you always need Edge Rushers.

If you go back to The Rams past,or what Sean Mcvay saying in his first draft picks(seasons) was that a DE can be a play maker type!! Plus added you can NEVER have enough Edge Rushers !!

The Eagles signed a Top RB & then traded another one of there Top Edge rushers.Curious to see when The Rams draft a RB & an Edge rusher ? WR is deep this year & need a mlb/wlb ?
—Could go CB with 19 & wonder how that is not talked about much ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Sometimes the best defense is an awesome offense.
Spoken like a niners Fan - lol

The Rams will draft a couple nice offensive pieces.Think it won’t be Offensive Lineman though.The Rams have more depth upfront than most Rams Fans want to believe ?

My problem is RB depth,both Rivers & Williams got hurt the same time.The question then becomes who is the backup RB then ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
1) dump her.
2) draft him.
Seeing The 9ers loss in the Super Bowl was pretty sweet.Watching The Rams winning it in 2022 was even sweeter. Bantering is good.

I hope Wilson is there at 52 -

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
My feeling is taking the best player available at a position of need at pick #19 and that means either an Edge or DT, of course if Brock Bowers is still on the board, he is the pick.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
If they do, they gave no real indication last year. He had all of 70 snaps and did nothing really in those.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I could see Rams trading up for an elite type WR or OT and then taking an edge that they like with a 2nd or 3rd in this draft.

Could be great long term value with those 2 moves.
So true here @Rams43 if they trade up, it is OT or WR, if they trade back, hopefully, Chop Robinson or another edge is available.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Sadly, I'm not sure they'll know that till camp this year. Figure how he shows up there will give them an idea if he's gonna make a jump.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
I went with edge but I wouldn't mind a big fast mean inside linebacker ! -- the Fatboy
Totally agree ILB is getting overlooked by the fan base. Jonesxin his last year and someone that can go sideline to sideline like Payton wilson wd be amazing in rd 2 move up a little