Most DOMINANT Rams game I've seen in 10+ years

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Sure we've beat teams by wider margins in the past 10 years, but I can't think of a game where I saw almost every player consistently win their one on one battles more than I did today. Big ups to the lines for making this great performance possible on both sides. Tackling was on point. Penalties played a much smaller part in the game affecting the Rams, negatively that is. Coverage was about as good as I've seen all year (until we fell into that prevent in the 4th, but I understand wanting to run clock). How many drops can you remember? Turnovers? None for us, 3 for them. Special teams? 2 blocks, 2 for 2 on FGs. Consistently pinning them inside the 30, making them drive long fields. How about an onside kick to boot.

How dominant were our individual players?

QB: While Kell didn't set the world on fire, he played mistake free ball and hitting the big throws when we needed them. Very similar to his performance against Indy.

RB: YACstacy. Per usual created some 3-5 yards runs with help of leg drive and OL pushing him, but also ripped off 2 big gainers, one for 6. Benny looked solid in his limited carries.

WR/TE: CG made some nice grabs in space. Harkey and Lance added some shallow catches & 2 TDs. Cook had a nice grab, although played less because of our running gameplan. Bailey made a nice comeback grab.

OL: Saints were #2 in sacks coming into the game. How many times did we see KC get touched? And the running lanes they opened up? Gawd:sly:. I think Tim Barnes is well on his way to making a case to start in 2014, and make the decision to cut Wells a bit easier. Roger had a great day especially on those pulls. Don't remember hearing Gallette's or Jordan's names, so Long & Barksdale did just fine. Don't remember seeing Williams' typical 2-3 blown blocks either. Lance helped spring Stacy's TD & Harkey did great again at FB.

DL: A+++++++++++++++++++ Quinn was so dominant the Siants benched Brown. Started the game with a hit on Brees that caused the pick, added 2 sacks, 2 FFs (even though he was only credited 1, Brees recovered the other), a fumble recovery, and a PD. Long was solid helping bend plays back inside & caused a few pressures & forced Brees to step into a Will Hayes stunt for a sack. Sims played solid, but got hit with a BS PF for htting Sproles before the whistle blew & before his knee hit. Brock & Langford shut down inside runs & got good push inside, plus they added two kick blocks.

LB: Best game of the year for them too. I always wonder why people knock JL so much, he put on a clinic for 4-3 MLBs today. He had a spine crushing hit over the middle & forced a high deep throw to Colston, plus made some nice tackles in run game. Tree was all over the place, killing screens and stuff. JD made a nice tackle on 3rd.

DB: Jenks shut down almost everything that came his way today. Shut down Colston and Graham on consecutive plays in the endzone. No easy task for a 5'10" CB going up against two 6'5" targets! Tru was solid too, and added a pick. Don't remember hearing McGee's name which is good. McLeod & TMac made some solid tackles & played good deep cover 2. Stew made some hard hits.

ST: GZ 2-2 on FGs, one of the best onside kicks I've ever seen. Johnny Hekker punted the Saints inside their 30 which played a huge role in the game early. Even the best Os can't consistently drive 80+ yards for points. I also liked his angle punt & hangtime punt, plus he showed he could get in the action shoving a guy in the back:heh: and cutting off a potential house call for Sproles on a PR. Coverage units were awesome. Veltung didn't fumble. Add 2 blocked kicks!

Coaching: The Saints were clearly surprised by the Rams defensive scheme (probably because Fish was running it :rofl: not Walton) and their quick motion runs. The OL stymied any stunts or blitzes & WRs made some tough grabs (Pettis caught a high one on 3rd & CG caught a pass behind him). I loved the QB keeper by Kell, especially because of the free 15 on the slide. Just dominant in every facet of coaching. Not an easy task to LIMIT 3 of the NFLs most dangerous offensive weapons (Graham, Colston, Sproles).

Side note: did anyone see the defenseless WR call against Malcom Jenkins? I'll take the free 15, but I disagree with the call. Their was no targeting to the head or malicious intent on his part. Just trying to jar the ball from Pettis. I understand AP couldn't make a FB move, but what is Jenkins supposed to do? If he stays out of AP's way, he may run it in for 6. Tough judgement call, but to me the call should have never been made.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Although we had a couple nice games that we surprised some folks (Indy, Chicago)...this is really the first game that I was seriously impressed with. They aren't an overrated Colts or a beat up Bears...the Saints are a legitimate good team.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Seems the game was called pretty even for a change. Did the commish just make a statement against the Saints by not screwing us this week? :heh:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seems the game was called pretty even for a change. Did the commish just make a statement against the Saints by not screwing us this week? :heh:

Lol I know. We might have gotten the benefit as the 15 yard PF was definitely questionable on Jenkins.(agree with you on that, 24/7)

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Id add say the "defenseless receiver" we benefited FROM was way less violent than the one Lauiranitis could have gotten called against him

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Id add say the "defenseless receiver" we benefited FROM was way less violent than the one Lauiranitis could have gotten called against him

Yeah, the defenseless receiver calls are getting out of hand league wide. This time we benefited; but it shouldn't have been called.

As for the OP; I agree. This game was complete domination. Top to bottom. All units. We looked like the 10-3 team on the field.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
I thought we were more dominant vs the Texans, but this Saints team is much, much better. So this win felt much, much better.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I was impressed with all aspects of the Rams play yesterday. And one thing that probably goes unnoticed is the way the D played in the 4th quarter once the coaching staff changed schemes and went to a 2 deep safety Prevent. They gave up more yards and points of course but they played it perfectly. They stayed attacking on the shorter pass plays to RBs that is the Saints bread and butter while not giving up anything deep. Most of the time, the Prevent is a kiss of death for a D to give up pretty good chunks of yardage pretty quickly against a guy like Brees but the D was able to make the Saints O burn clock while they moved the ball. Superb effort RAMS D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Most of the time, the Prevent is a kiss of death for a D to give up pretty good chunks of yardage pretty quickly against a guy like Brees but the D was able to make the Saints O burn clock while they moved the ball. Superb effort RAMS D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
True, did you see how tired they were out there after that first drive though? Long looked he was about done.

I just think it was amazing how they all hung in there.

I was impressed with all aspects of the Rams play yesterday. And one thing that probably goes unnoticed is the way the D played in the 4th quarter once the coaching staff changed schemes and went to a 2 deep safety Prevent. They gave up more yards and points of course but they played it perfectly. They stayed attacking on the shorter pass plays to RBs that is the Saints bread and butter while not giving up anything deep. Most of the time, the Prevent is a kiss of death for a D to give up pretty good chunks of yardage pretty quickly against a guy like Brees but the D was able to make the Saints O burn clock while they moved the ball. Superb effort RAMS D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said exactly that at the time they needed a quick score and it took them 6 and a half minutes if you're going to give up a TD that's the way to do it. If only we could of stopped them on one of those 4th downs, but that's nit picky to the extreme.