Mortality and Aaron Donald

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just had a very disturbing thought. For my whole life I was able to look forward to future happy events. For the Rams, I saw Marshall Faulk and thought, "I can't wait to see him inducted into the Hall of Fame." I hoped that for Kurt Warner, Torry Holy, Isaac Bruce, and Big O.

I see Aaron Donald as a once in a generation player. Although different positional players, I saw Gayle Sayers as a HOF player, even though he had such a short career. He was head and shoulders above every player at his position, just as Aaron Donald is as Defensive Tackle. He is changing the requirements of a 3Tech. DT. Literally, there has never been a DT with as much natural talent, fierceness, and work ethic. Chris Long recently said that they jokingly called AD a HOFer in his first training camp in St Louis, but he really wasn't kidding.

So no hedging. Aaron Donald is a Hall of Famer right now if he never played another snap in the NFL.

But, my personal problem is that AD shows no signs of slowing down and he is healthy/strong as a bull. I bet he plays at least 5-7 years more at a high level. If he retired after 7 years, it would take an additional 5 years for him to enter 1st ballot into the Hall of Fame. Twelve years from now, I'd be 67 years old. This is older than any male direct ancestor of mine since 1800, so it's not likely I will be around to see him don the Gold jacket, and that makes me a little sad, and feeling very mortal. :death:

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just had a very disturbing thought. For my whole life I was able to look forward to future happy events. For the Rams, I saw Marshall Faulk and thought, "I can't wait to see him inducted into the Hall of Fame." I hoped that for Kurt Warner, Torry Holy, Isaac Bruce, and Big O.

I see Aaron Donald as a once in a generation player. Although different positional players, I saw Gayle Sayers as a HOF player, even though he had such a short career. He was head and shoulders above every player at his position, just as Aaron Donald is as Defensive Tackle. He is changing the requirements of a 3Tech. DT. Literally, there has never been a DT with as much natural talent, fierceness, and work ethic. Chris Long recently said that they jokingly called AD a HOFer in his first training camp in St Louis, but he really wasn't kidding.

So no hedging. Aaron Donald is a Hall of Famer right now if he never played another snap in the NFL.

But, my personal problem is that AD shows no signs of slowing down and he is healthy/strong as a bull. I bet he plays at least 5-7 years more at a high level. If he retired after 7 years, it would take an additional 5 years for him to enter 1st ballot into the Hall of Fame. Twelve years from now, I'd be 67 years old. This is older than any male direct ancestor of mine since 1800, so it's not likely I will be around to see him don the Gold jacket, and that makes me a little sad, and feeling very mortal. :death:

Medicine is better now, and awareness of health risk factors.

SanAnRam

Just an educated redneck
We'll make it Loyal.
I'll be 64
I'll be sure to bump this post on the day my namesake don's the gold jacket
Cheers.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We'll make it Loyal.
I'll be 64
I'll be sure to bump this post on the day my namesake don's the gold jacket
Cheers.
Man, I hope so. My Mom's side lives long lives (90's)

Psycho_X

Legend
Jesus man.

giphy.gif

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Hey age 67 is the new age 43. You’ve got a great chance to see it happen!

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut

AD is a HOFer. He is what other DTs will emulate. AD in a gold jacket at the podium is a no brainer. Perhaps someone can photoshop him in a gold jacket for you. Otherwise it's Friday night in prime 'tang season with enough time to still bag one at the bar. Priorities my good man, priorities!:yay:

Ram77

Rookie
Jeezus Christ man-this post is so gloomy....Enjoy the warm weather and cherish each day. Football season is right around the corner. Pretend your a baseball fan until then like I am just so I have something to watch

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jeezus Christ man-this post is so gloomy....Enjoy the warm weather and cherish each day. Football season is right around the corner. Pretend your a baseball fan until then like I am just so I have something to watch
Such nice weather to check out burial plots...:redcard:

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Every day could be your last, so I wouldn’t worry about it other than to do your best to make sure things are right. To put it in perspective, my dad could say the same, but I just hosted his 75th birthday. Ironically, my mom, who we all expected to outlive him died of brain cancer over 10 years ago. More importantly, you should keep your own goals rather than worrying about others. Things that you do for you, because you never know, and you get out of life what you put into it.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
“I’ll be around because somebody has to make these hysterical fake quotes”

-Loyal Ram

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If he retired after 7 years, it would take an additional 5 years for him to enter 1st ballot into the Hall of Fame. Twelve years from now, I'd be 67 years old. This is older than any male direct ancestor of mine since 1800, so it's not likely I will be around to see him don the Gold jacket, and that makes me a little sad, and feeling very mortal.

Start eating salad. And when your wife looks at you funny, tell her it ain't for her, it's for AD. :p