Morris #4 Defensive play caller, and McVay #5 Offensive play caller, says PFF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Then again, look they have the Cowpies D play caller Quinn, and O play caller Moore both at #2. Da fuq? :thinking:

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Wasn't Frazier the guy who let the Chiefs drive the field and score a touchdown with like 20 seconds left on the clock in the playoffs? Lol. Should never happen with the top ranked D play caller.

Not sure I agree with Kellen Moore or Leftwich ahead of us either. Cowboys had too many brain fart games on offense last year. Leftwich still can't get his oline to run block consistently.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
As a guy who thought better of Morris than some others… happy to see him ranked so high.

Hopefully, he has another great season and gets a HC job.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
PFF's articles used to be pretty good. They'd do interesting things with stats and ask interesting questions. These are all BS designed to feed clicks by outraged fan bases.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I sure remember reading a lot of "Fire Morris" Tweets during the season. Crow was the meal of the day after the Superbowl.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I sure remember reading a lot of "Fire Morris" Tweets during the season. Crow was the meal of the day after the Superbowl.
I agree, but it didn't hurt adding Von Miller and Eric Weddle to that defense.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That Weddle signing was a 100 crow sandwich meal for me.
I never thought, in a million years, he would play some of the best football of his career after 2 years in retirement.
This Los Angeles Rams Superbowl 56 Victory march was something so special & magical, I'll be on cloud 9 the rest of my life.
Special shout out to Jaquiski Tartt for somehow dropping the easiest interception in NFL history.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
If it’s 1st, 2nd or 3rd and long I want McV bar none, if it’s 3rd and short ?

Ehhh.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
IDK 4th & 1 went pretty good. ;)
Thank the football Gods it did, and I couldn’t bear to watch.
The goal line stuff is hard to watch too, in the context of best play caller conversation.

I feel like passing is the best option and I’m not sure I like that.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Thank the football Gods it did, and I couldn’t bear to watch.
The goal line stuff is hard to watch too, in the context of best play caller conversation.

I feel like passing is the best option and I’m not sure I like that.
It was so quick and Brycen Hopkins with a nice block using Sam Hubbard's momentum against him I knew Kupp had the yardage. Let's hope this season the running game improves, but I sure wish the Rams had a bigger back to hand the ball off to on 3 & 1.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I am really excited to watch Morris as DC this year.

I hated his work for the vast majority of last season, to the point that I was eventually in the group wanting him gone. I was more understanding at the start of the year, due to taking on new players, a new system, etc. But well into the season, and even in some key games down the stretch, it seemed to me like the Rams' defence was still severely under-performing.

But come the playoffs, Morris seemingly turned it around, and the D was rock solid. He clearly made some great adjustments at half-time in the Super Bowl as well, as the d-line feasted in the 2nd half, which realistically won the Rams' the game, as the offence became crippled by injury.

I am curious to see if the turnaround of the defence in the playoffs was just catching lightning in a bottle, or if the light bulb went off for Morris. Perhaps it was a bit of both.

I am a bit concerned that perhaps Morris was just the benefactor of a world-beating front 7 with Donald, Miller, Floyd, Gaines, an A-Shawn Robinson playing the best football of his career, and company, together with a total lock-down corner in Ramsey. Time will tell. It should be fun to watch play out.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I am really excited to watch Morris as DC this year.

I hated his work for the vast majority of last season, to the point that I was eventually in the group wanting him gone. I was more understanding at the start of the year, due to taking on new players, a new system, etc. But well into the season, and even in some key games down the stretch, it seemed to me like the Rams' defence was still severely under-performing.

But come the playoffs, Morris seemingly turned it around, and the D was rock solid. He clearly made some great adjustments at half-time in the Super Bowl as well, as the d-line feasted in the 2nd half, which realistically won the Rams' the game, as the offence became crippled by injury.

I am curious to see if the turnaround of the defence in the playoffs was just catching lightning in a bottle, or if the light bulb went off for Morris. Perhaps it was a bit of both.

I am a bit concerned that perhaps Morris was just the benefactor of a world-beating front 7 with Donald, Miller, Floyd, Gaines, an A-Shawn Robinson playing the best football of his career, and company, together with a total lock-down corner in Ramsey. Time will tell. It should be fun to watch play out.
The Rams secondary wasn't great for a lot of last season. A lot of people put that on Morris, I didn't.
If Donte Deayon is even on your active game day roster, you've got real problems.
Bummed about losing Williams... but I think the secondary, overall, could be significantly better this coming year, somewhat offsetting the loss of Von.. although I still expect them to bring a rusher in at some point.

The Rams need Long to keep playing like he did in the post season.. Rochell to take a big jump... Scott to build on his post season.. and Troy Hill to be what he was for the Rams in 20.
If that happens and they get just decent production from one or two of the rookies, they'll be cooking, imo.