Morgan Fox to Carolina

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Robinson should be able to do what Brockers did last year. Then they have Gaines who was looking good too. I think their main spots are filled. So if they don’t sign or draft someone else it’s going to be Copeland, Banks, Williams or Hoecht (pronounced Hoit).

Supposedly they really liked those guys. Banks made the roster for a bit early. I’m guessing part of having these guys on the practice squad is seeing if they can develop an NFL body in a year and are able to compete in camp next year. It’s likely that Banks was the closest to having an NFL build.
Which one of those guys do you think will fill Fox's pass rushing role? We had a solid DL rotation each game that kept guys fresh, and I think that's reason the line performed so well.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Watching Morgan Fox video right now from last season and man, he made a lot of plays for us... a lot. This one is gonna sting. Gonna miss this dude.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Watching Morgan Fox video right now from last season and man, he made a lot of plays for us... a lot. This one is gonna sting. Gonna miss this dude.

This is why I want Dunlap or our 1'st draft pick used on a 5T DE, this guy will be harder to replace than anyone not named Floyd. The Rams must believe we have a guy off the bench who can compete, because for what Fox actually signed for, we should have matched it. jmo.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
This is why I want Dunlap or our 1'st draft pick used on a 5T DE, this guy will be harder to replace than anyone not named Floyd. The Rams must believe we have a guy off the bench who can compete, because for what Fox actually signed for, we should have matched it. jmo.
I don't disagree with any of this. Fox was excellent last season and is on the rise. I'm really bummed we didn't retain him. And frankly, pissed off about it.

TexasRam

Legend
I can see Fox having a 10 sack season if he gets starter reps. Also being a solid run player.

Sad.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan

i'm so happy when unheralded guys work hard and play hard then get their well earned pay day. you did it the hard way morgan fox but you got there in the end. well done.

This reminds me on a smaller scale of Cory Littleton. The Rams developed him and he was terrific in our system but did little for the Raiders. I thought we would miss him more than we did. I suspect a similar result. Seriously, our defense improved after Littleton left in FA.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Which one of those guys do you think will fill Fox's pass rushing role? We had a solid DL rotation each game that kept guys fresh, and I think that's reason the line performed so well.
Michael Hoecht is big, athletic & disruptive, I think he can fill Fox's role.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Michael Hoecht is big, athletic & disruptive, I think he can fill Fox's role.

I see Hoecht as more of an interior guy acting in reserve for SJD & Robinson, while Banks, Copeland & Jonah Williams compete for the 5T role. jmo.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I don't disagree with any of this. Fox was excellent last season and is on the rise. I'm really bummed we didn't retain him. And frankly, pissed off about it.
You're always pissed off. :biggrin:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fox did a nice job for us and deserves a starting role somewhere, but we'll be ok I think...Next man up...

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Fox did a nice job for us and deserves a starting role somewhere, but we'll be ok I think...Next man up...

I worry about the 'next man up' being able to rush/pressure the QB and absorb some of the double/triple teams that otherwise go to Donald, our superstar defensive lineman isn't getting any younger and i'd like to enhance his production, not put more pressure on him. jmo.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
I see Hoecht as more of an interior guy acting in reserve for SJD & Robinson, while Banks, Copeland & Jonah Williams compete for the 5T role. jmo.
Hoecht will get pressure on the QB like Fox but from the interior-- (Defensive tackle position)