More speculation: Todd Gurley has arthritis in his knee

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Have you tried CBD at all?
I make a CBD oil rub for my mother for her should....also arthritic and messed up....and it has been effective and helpful.
It's not a miracle cure or anything by has been more effective than over the counter treatments and helps with inflammation/pain.

Canibis? Once a dude at my work uses it. Did it once and no pain for over a month. Thanks for the reminder actually!

fearsomefour

Legend
Canibis? Once a dude at my work uses it. Did it once and no pain for over a month. Thanks for the reminder actually!
Assuming you live in a state where medical is legal make sure you get a real rub.
Not some CBD thing sold in a smoke shop.
Real, quality CBD. Not cheap. But can be very good. Like all things results vary person to person.
I can see if I can find my recipe too.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
No, never really been a medication guy. Have you tried it for arthritis? At some point I will have to do something lol

I had a scope for torn meniscus at 51.

Doc said I had some arthritis in the knee then and that was 8 years ago.

He put me on Celebrex and it caused MAJOR heartburn and I quit it and went back to Ibuprofen.

My back and hip are worse than my knee.

Count me in the group that is skeptical of a NE writer knowing diddly about TG’s knee. Unless the source was Sony Michel dropping some news on his ex UGA teammate.

I’ll wait for Vinny or someone that covers the Rams before I believe this report.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
No, never really been a medication guy. Have you tried it for arthritis? At some point I will have to do something lol
I started out on Diclofinex(sp?) and it worked great except for the side effect of thinking I was having a heart attack twice a day. Was put on Celebrex and it too worked great but the insurance wouldn't cover it any more so was changed to Celecoxib which has worked well.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Assuming you live in a state where medical is legal make sure you get a real rub.
Real, quality CBD. Not cheap. But can be very good. Like all things results vary person to person.
How can you tell the real quality CBD from the cheap crap?

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame

That would great! We are legal too lol

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I started out on Diclofinex(sp?) and it worked great except for the side effect of thinking I was having a heart attack twice a day. Was put on Celebrex and it too worked great but the insurance wouldn't cover it any more so was changed to Celecoxib which has worked well.

Thanks! This thread is making me feel old lol

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Just thought of this on the drive into the office...

If it is arthritis... well, despite what was said at trial... we all know it didn't slow down OJ one bit.

fearsomefour

Legend
Buying from a dispensary, talk to the folks there and price.
A bottle of 30 capsules ran about $80 a year or so ago in central Ca where my folks are.
Non dispensary CBD products.....ehhhh.
Usually not much actual CBD oil in the product.
Speaking in general terms.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

You can't and keep in mind that CBD has no medical research that indicates it has any benefits and it's unregulated by the FDA so anybody can make it in their basement and sell it as whatever they want to call it.

Right now this is truly Our our generations snake oil

If you read online you'll hear a lot of individuals talking about how it's helped them but if you look at the Hard science there's no proof that it does anything.

And I can assure you that if it fixed all the problems that people claim that it does the drug companies would be manufacturing this stuff in quantity.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
You can't and keep in mind that CBD has no medical research that indicates it has any benefits and it's unregulated by the FDA so anybody can make it in their basement and sell it as whatever they want to call it.

Right now this is truly Our our generations snake oil

If you read online you'll hear a lot of individuals talking about how it's helped them but if you look at the Hard science there's no proof that it does anything.

And I can assure you that if it fixed all the problems that people claim that it does the drug companies would be manufacturing this stuff in quantity.
In my experience drug companies only produce what they can control under patent.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I have been living with psoriatic arthritis since my late 20s. I don’t know if this is the “type” of arthritis he has but I can tell you that there are ways to mitigate it but on certain days it just feels like (in my case) my feet or ankles won’t even support my weight.

Arthritis is mostly thought of as an old person’s illness. But it’s not and can be painful as hell. If it’s in his ankles, toes and knees like it is for me, it’s more a matter of pain than strength. It feels like you can’t rely on it so you tend to limp, or favor the hurting area.

I can only imagine how that would affect workouts, practices, and actual game play.

Fortunately, there has been a lot of research and new remedies for it. Unfortunately, if it’s a case where bones have been altered, it would take surgery to correct or you just use medicine to slow or stop the progress.

Bottom line is that we need to have two backs. But it really explains to me why he would be on fire one week and look average on others. It seems to work that way.

Me too RamFan503. I also have had it for 20 years or more. Mostly my finger joints. Always gets worse at this time of year too. I don't see anyone able to play pro sports if they have it. Hopefully Gurley doesn't have any kind of arthritis.

Ellard80

Legend
This is precisely the thing I was worried about and mentioned a couple times during the end of the season/playoffs.

Ouch... hopefully we can get another season or two, but this is quite sobering if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.