More Preseason Talk *warning highly vanilla*

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
In my opinion this (third game/third week of preseason) preseason game is the most important one of the four. This should be when we see the most of the starters, which has been mentioned by the coaching staff in other threads. This is the final opportunity for them to make some plays and in some respect show what they can do as a team.

I think the week four game is a complete joke for most teams since they are "really" trying to just get through the preseasons last game with no, or less, injuries.

I expect to see what this team can bring to the table on saturday night.

I may be wrong, but i doubt it. thoughts?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think Fisher uses the 4th game as the jumping off point as opposed to the 3rd.

sent via Tapatalk.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
X said:
I think Fisher uses the 4th game as the jumping off point as opposed to the 3rd.

sent via Tapatalk.
So do I, but they'd better be prepared to aggressivley protect themselves in order to keep from getting banged up, because I suspect Denver is going to go at them "real hard".

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
X said:

sent via Tapatalk.

I always thought the 4th one was used for evaluating the fringe guys.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
LesBaker said:
X said:

sent via Tapatalk.

this is correct. 4th game is typically used for evaluation. the 3rd game is the pre season "real deal". dress rehearsal.

Sgt. Ram

the present moment is all you will ever have
X said:

.I remember fisher saying this last year as well, I hope he does use Denver game as the tune up game though.

sent via Tapatalk.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
DegenR(g)ambler said:
LesBaker said:
X said:

sent via Tapatalk.

this is correct. 4th game is typically used for evaluation. the 3rd game is the pre season "real deal". dress rehearsal.

Always the way I remembered it. I think Spags had the starters in longer than normal because of the lock out that year but otherwise...

Of course it could have been that we wanted to show off our new stud LBs Poppinga and Leber to strike fear throughout the league.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Fish marches to a different drum in preseason. The 4th game will be used like the 3rd game for others in Fish's past preseasons. Doubt he changes it now.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
RamFan503 said:
DegenR(g)ambler said:
LesBaker said:
X said:

sent via Tapatalk.

Always the way I remembered it. I think Spags had the starters in longer than normal because of the lock out that year but otherwise...

Of course it could have been that we wanted to show off our [hilite]new stud LBs Poppinga and Leber to strike fear throughout the league[/hilite].
Hahahahahahahaha! Good one. :plzstop:

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Fish usually uses the 4th game as dress rehearsal. He has however been known in the past go use both 3 and 4 this way

EastRam

Pro Bowler
RamFan503 said:
DegenR(g)ambler said:
LesBaker said:
X said:

sent via Tapatalk.

Always the way I remembered it. [hilite]I think Spags had the starters in longer than normal[/hilite] because of the lock out that year but otherwise...

Of course it could have been that we wanted to show off our new stud LBs Poppinga and Leber to strike fear throughout the league.
Spags didn't have many starters. :rofl:

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
RamFan503 remembering the past:
I think Spags had the starters in longer than normal because of the lock out that year but otherwise...
I think it was mainly due to how sucky our offense looked when the starters were in. Of course that was partly due to the lock out so indirectly...yeah.

jjab360

Legend
With so many young starters, I can imagine the first team getting a ton of PT in both the third and fourth games.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
X said:

sent via Tapatalk.

That's what I always thought.

A55VA6

Legend
Yeah, I know Fisher likes to gradually increase play time through each game. We'll see alot more from our 1st team. Still not much game planning and all that, but i'm sure we'll throw a few things out there and hopefully we execute. I'll be looking at guys like Pead, Ogletree, LG battle, tackling, several different things.. hoping for improvement. I'll be worried if we still don't improve the defense, tackling, penalties, dropped balls, redzone scoring, etc.