More changes I would make

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackStraw

Rookie
after watching Saffold play no way in hell should he be in the 70's in blocking anything.
Just curious, who would you rather have, a healthy Saffold or Joe Barksdale?

It's easy to shit on Saffold, but in reality he's performed a lot better than you'd expect from a OT coming out of the University of Indiana. I think Saffold is talented enough to start on any NFL team, he just may be the 4th or 5th most talented starter on most OLs. Hopefully that's the case for next year's Rams.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Just curious, who would you rather have, a healthy Saffold or Joe Barksdale?

It's easy to crap on Saffold, but in reality he's performed a lot better than you'd expect from a OT coming out of the University of Indiana. I think Saffold is talented enough to start on any NFL team, he just may be the 4th or 5th most talented starter on most OLs. Hopefully that's the case for next year's Rams.

I liked Saffold and was glad the signed him. that doesn't mean I have to be happy with the way he has played this year either. he looked better last game I hope he keeps going but he has been really bad this year.

JackStraw

Rookie
I liked Saffold and was glad the signed him. that doesn't mean I have to be happy with the way he has played this year either. he looked better last game I hope he keeps going but he has been really bad this year.
Agreed. I wouldn't argue against the idea that Saffold is the biggest culprit behind the struggles of Todd Gurley.

Man, remember when Saffold made the move to OG vs Tampa(the year where Quinn had 3 sacks and was carried off the field) He really had me convinced that he was going to be a bulldozer for us for years to come.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Saffold is playing worse than Greg. Defenses playing Benny differently than Gurley would make things harder on Goff. Not what we want.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan

i'm no expert but has boras or someone changed blocking schemes.seems like grob and scaffold are cut blocking way more then they use to. also on a lot of runs grob doesn't block the d end instead go after a lb which he has a very poor angle on. maybe the scheme is that the d end can't get there in time but I see him on a lot of tackles

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
i'm no expert but has boras or someone changed blocking schemes.seems like grob and scaffold are cut blocking way more then they use to. also on a lot of runs grob doesn't block the d end instead go after a lb which he has a very poor angle on. maybe the scheme is that the d end can't get there in time but I see him on a lot of tackles

I have been wondering the same thing. to many times GR goes straight the the LB and im not sure if its scheme thing or not. I do know that it isn't working to many times the DE gets a free shot on Gurley

JackStraw

Rookie
Easiest way to fix the OL? Hire a better OL coach.
I disagree. Some guys are just unteachable.
Just need to get lucky and draft/sign the right guys.
The only change I can really rally behind is cleaning shop within the scouting department.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The change at QB is going to affect everyone else one way or another. They need to take a look at the offense week to week before making the kind of sweeping suggestions brought up.

Cooper over Tavon I actually think might help the offense. Coop has a catch radius and plus hands, Tavon's hands are mediocre at best. But that said what will Tavon do with Goff hitting him in stride? Will it add a big play or two per week to the offense? Maybe. And then of course what would need to be considered is a three wideout lineup of Britt / Austin / Cooper, particularly with Goff's accuracy added to the offense.

Higbee simply needs to be in the pattern more. He is a big target, and people are going to see what he can do starting this weekend because of Goff: I gotta think the kid is going to know where he's at and will put it up for him more often.

I think the offense is going to look better. I expect a mistake or two by Goff, but it's time to get him out there and take his lumps. On the other end of all that he will add a big throw or two that Case would not attempt. This offense will take more risks with the kid in there and that is going to be a good thing IMO.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

I see the same thing ... just does not look like this plays to their strengths as players.