Montana

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Selassie I said:
The Dude said:
MontanaRamsFan said:
I invite anyone to make the trek... you will not be disappointed. Here is a link to a facebook page with photos of "God's Country!"

https://www.facebook.com/visitmontana
Some great photos in there, man. I never, ever, ever, ever get to see the night sky light up like that down here. There's just so many street lights & stuff that you never get a view like that.

Hey Paul ,,, I can take you less than 40 miles EAST of your house at night and you'd be amazed at the sky. If you did better in boats that is. Too bad ,,, didn't you tell me you get vertigo on boats?

One of my best friends and I even had a close encounter about 25 miles out of West Palm one night. We still freak out about that.

Escape from the concrete jungle isn't as far away as you might think. I'll be down on Duck Key again in June ,,, I would be happy to show you :ww: Or if not that,,, at least feed you a bunch of fresh dolphin.
I'm sure it would be awesome out on the water with no lights around. I never thought about that - that's gotta be pretty amazing. But yeah, I do get vertigo on boats now. Sucks. I used to be able to go deep-sea fishing, ride rollercoasters, etc., but now I can't do any of that shit.

One day we'll have to swap close encounter stories. I've got a pretty good one too that still haunts me.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Dude said:
One day we'll have to swap close encounter stories. I've got a pretty good one too that still haunts me.

See? :sly:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'll say this Stu ...

Both my friend and I didn't want to believe it. My buddy especially had a problem with it because his neighbor (a Kennedy Space Center engineer) had convinced his wife that aliens are watching us... He never wanted to tell his wife because of this. In fact, he's still never told HER about it.
I don't really like to talk about it either , but everybody here thinks I'm fucking wacked anyway... so no harm here.

Maybe we'll have to start a thread on this in the off topic some time.

Oh, and Paul,
Another cool thing at night on the water is watching the 4th of July fireworks that are set off from boats. We used to go out and watch the show in Pompano Beach when my wife's Grandmother was still around (she lived there).

You can see the reflections of the fireworks in the water ... sometimes , if you're fucked up enough, you might confuse the water for the sky... Doesn't sound like a good combo for your vertigo now that I think about it though.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
When I go on a cruise I ALWAYS go to the top deck at about 2 or 3 in the morning to stargaze. With a clear sky, it is amazing. And it so happens, I'll be on a ship this 4th of July too!!!!

And I think Aliens like the climate down SOUTH a touch better, maybe as much as they do out West? (Roswell?) :sly: