CAMP REPORT Mon July-30 Camp Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
ss6ln6ioyqkmblsdojjw.pdf

https://www.therams.com/news/10-observations-from-day-4-of-training-camp

10 Observations from Day 4 of Training Camp

1) Pads.

The Rams went through their first padded practice of the year on Sunday afternoon, which brought up the energy for the fourth consecutive day of practice. Football season always starts to actually feel like it’s approaching when you can hear the sound of pads popping on the field.

2) During the individual portion of practice, wide receiver Robert Woods made a nice catch on the left sideline on a pass from quarterback Jared Goff. It was one of those plays where the catch was made against air, so take it with a grain of salt. But it was still a nice display

3) After individual drills, Los Angeles moved on to half-field drills with the offense and defense going against one another. The first play was a 4-on-3 scenario, with Goff hitting running back Todd Gurley deep down the seam with what would’ve been a touchdown pass.

4) Los Angeles had the starting defense up first in 11-on-11 drills and safety John Johnson had the first pad-popping hit of camp. The safety came up and had a nice thud on running back Justin Davis to stuff a run.

5) Safety Isaiah Johnson also had a nice thudearly on in team drills. He came up to hit tight end Gerald Everett, who caught a pass in the flat from quarterback Brandon Allen off of play action. Johnson was right there to make a play for what would’ve been a tackle for loss.

6) Cory Littleton appears to be developing wellinto his role of middle linebacker and defensive signal-caller. He crashed down hard inside to hit an inside blocking tight end during 11-on-11 drills, disrupting a run. And a few plays later, he set the edge well on the defense’s right, forcing an end around to cut back inside where another defensive player was waiting for a thud.

7) Later in practice, Everett made an outstanding catch in the end zone for a touchdown. The tight end went up over a defensive player to make the catch at the front corner of the end zone, using his strong hands to pull the ball in. He secured the ball, maintaining possession as he also got two feet in for a touchdown. The pass came from Allen.

8) During a two-minute drill, cornerback Marcus Peters nearly intercepted Goff in a ones-vs-ones situation. With Goff facing some pressure while releasing a pass, Peters jumped a route, got his hands on the ball at a high point, but couldn’t reel it in as he came back to the ground. As head coach Sean McVay often says, Peters is certainly someone whose presence the offense can feel on a play-to-play basis.

9) Goff, however, did connect with wide receiver Cooper Kupp on a pass in the middle of the field to end that segment of practice. Goff did well to step up in the pocket and hit Kupp coming out of his break on his route over the middle. The way the field was set up at the time, the play likely would’ve ended as a touchdown.

10) Finally, cornerback Kevin Peterson — now sporting No. 25 — made a pair of strong plays, one of which came at the end of practice. Earlier in the session, he nearly intercepted Allen on a pass in 11-on-11. He had nice coverage on his receiver on the defense’s right, leapt, and got his hands on the ball. He just couldn’t reel it in.

He got his interception later, though, making a pick six to end a period. Peterson undercut a route, made the pick on the defense’s left sideline, and had no one in his path on the way to the end zone. It was a nice practice for the Oklahoma State product who intercepted a pair of passes in Week 17 last year.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Kevin Peterson played really well against the 49ers in the last game of the year and that has transcended into a good camp thus far, you can never have too many CB's, so this is a great sign.

Tano

Legend
6) Cory Littleton appears to be developing wellinto his role of middle linebacker and defensive signal-caller. He crashed down hard inside to hit an inside blocking tight end during 11-on-11 drills, disrupting a run. And a few plays later, he set the edge well on the defense’s right, forcing an end around to cut back inside where another defensive player was waiting for a thud.
I am really hoping Littleton can play the physical middle linebacker role. I liked Ogletree but I always felt he was way better suited as an outside linebacker in a 4-3. I felt he wasn't physical enough to play the inside position on a 3-4 (at least not the strong side). He might have made a better inside linebacker at Barron's spot but Barron definitely couldn't play Ogletree's position. As a result, we were kinda stuck with two weakside linebackers in a 3-4 and it showed on some of the runs that teams made against us.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
https://www.therams.com/news/rams-waive-aaron-lacombe-sign-kendal-thompson

The Rams have made a pair of roster moves in advance of Monday’s practice.

Los Angles has waived wide receiver Aaron Lacombe with an injury designation. Lacombe signed with the Rams on July 24 as an undrafted free agent out of California Lutheran.

As a corresponding roster move, L.A. signed wide receiver Kendal Thompson. Thompson spend the 2016 season with Washington on the practice squad, where Rams head coach Sean McVay was still serving as offensive coordinator. Thompson signed a futures contract to remain with Washington in 2017, but was waived/injured in August and subsequently released.

The Rams will have four practices this week at UC Irvine before flying to Baltimore on Sunday to practice with and play the Ravens for the first week of the preseason.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Kevin Peterson played really well against the 49ers in the last game of the year and that has transcended into a good camp thus far, you can never have too many CB's, so this is a great sign.

No doubt. I'd put up our CB depth against that of any team in this league. They're that good. Got Hill chompin at the bit too...

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Made it to camp. Bubbaramfan is still driving here. Met Harold Jackson and Michael Stewart.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No doubt. I'd put up our CB depth against that of any team in this league. They're that good. Got Hill chompin at the bit too...

That’s a sharp avatar Merlin!

(y)

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well damn. His price tag just went up. Oh well.

The Rams were unlikely to sign him. He should have a great season, then sign for enough elsewhere maybe to get a 3rd round comp pick.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I loved Joyner coming out of college. He is the prototypical definition of “football player” when watching his game. I love the way he plays and I hope it can be worked out for him to stay.

But, I don’t see it. Too many big contracts on this team already or in process.

I feel this same way, I would love for him to be a Ram for life but I just don't think he's going to fit into the cap.

Guess we will see.