Mock Draft Tidbits / 2024 Draft Talk

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Nice vid here by Kurt, who always puts up quality of course. I will add... There aren't a lot of QBs who can "arm" the ball where they want it, i.e. placing it with accuracy, when their feet are not ideally lined up. Penix is one of them. What will he be after a redshirt year where he works on his lower body mechanics a bit? I think the Rams would be an ideal landing spot for him, though of course I don't see us taking him but I also would not rule it out if he has the right stuff on the chalkboard and interacting with the Rams staff. He's the best deep ball thrower in this class in spite of his iffy lower body mechanics, IMO, and that's something that is very difficult to teach. Many QBs lack the cajones to do that. But you can teach this kid mechanics.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXCc6K46ROg

muggmeister

Rookie
Just curious. So you project Latu to be an elite player? Pro bowler, All Pro, etc.?
Yes, yes, and yes. Best natural pass rusher I have ever seen coming out of college. Of course I'm only 61 and only seen a few thousand college games. If you can draft Nick Bosa or TJ Watt then you do what it takes. I want him in horns.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Think we'll throw a lot at the front 7 in this draft. Can see 5 or 6 Linebackers and D line taken.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Just curious. So you project Latu to be an elite player? Pro bowler, All Pro, etc.?
I'd say pro bowler. He's just a natural pass rusher.
Yes, yes, and yes. Best natural pass rusher I have ever seen coming out of college. Of course I'm only 61 and only seen a few thousand college games. If you can draft Nick Bosa or TJ Watt then you do what it takes. I want him in horns.
Honestly, was thinking this too. He's similar to Bosa and Watt with his pass rushing. An added bonus and something us Rams fans will appreciate (after watching Hoecht do it all year) Latu can actually play in coverage well for a man of his size.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M

I'd say pro bowler. He's just a natural pass rusher.

Honestly, was thinking this too. He's similar to Bosa and Watt with his pass rushing. An added bonus and something us Rams fans will appreciate (after watching Hoecht do it all year) Latu can actually play in coverage well for a man of his size.

I hope you're both right b/c I think he'll be there at 19. The medicals concern me but I'm also not nearly that high on him. NFL.com ranked Bosa and last year's Will Anderson as 7.0+ (Pro Bowl) talents. Latu has a 6.50 grade which is not even projected to be a year 1 starter. (He would start for us though b/c Hoecht is subpar.)

If the NFL thought he was going to be Bosa or TJ Watt they would take him in the top 10. And if he was projected to go in the top 10 and I thought he would be as good as those guys, I would advocate trading up for him. Because more than filling in needs, they need another game wrecker or two especially given AD's retirement.

dang

Legend
If we have to trade this and next years 3rd round comps to move up a few spots for Latu, then make it happen. DO NOT let him leave LA. Reminds me of TJ Watt, total game wrecker and lives in the opposing backfield.
Maybe at 19. No as part of a trade up.

WestCoastRam

Legend
After picking up White.

1711509843131.png

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I got a 2025 2nd in this one as well... lots of trades.

I love the big DB's of Hicks & Jackson.

PS: I did this pre- White signing
1000003348.jpg

WestCoastRam

Legend
Can't be mad at those 1st 2 picks, but if Ellis was available, I'd take him over Kneeland and but that's splitting hairs honestly.
I'm getting the inkling that Kneeland may sneak into 1st round from draft guys. So we may have to go with Ellis who was available.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Legette in the 2nd risky, but one hella of a risk that'll pay off if he picks up the nuances like our last rookie WR. Definitely a physical presence to add to an already physical WR core.
Too many people that know WR's like Steve Smith love Legette for me to pass on him.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I'm concerned about Legette's route running and his tight hips, can more effort into it actually improve it, and by how much. That being said, having Robinson means he can be brought along slowly and used in certain packages right away.

Def have to see what Steve Smith says about him. Guy just knows WR talent.