Mock Draft Tidbits / 2024 Draft Talk

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Enigma. Finally got a chance to start and got hurt. Then goes to the combine and gets hurt.

With his physical gifts he may have stay in school, made the transition to Left Tackle, and IF he played well been a top 3-5 pick.

I wonder which team is going to have the stones to select him. Today I'm guessing Dallas.
Hope it isn’t the Rams

WestCoastRam

Legend

View: https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1770547804546453910

This time with trades...

Couple interesting things, both top corners gone by us. Denver goes Nix. (Talk about QB inflation!) I have to think Denver trades down as they have no 2nd round pick but far easier to mock trade ups than down.

I'm starting to hear in last two days guys liking Laitu and Verse less than I thought. All three top edge guys look like secondary rushers and wouldn't be stacked very high in other draft classes.

Draft class at DT is interesting, tons of gap shooters but few 2-gap-ers. Even though we play gap and a half, would be nice to get another space eater so Turner could slide over and yet... Turner did quite well in his spot which may make us okay with getting another gap shooting type DT.

Before Donald officially retired, I wouldn't have argued for a trade down but now I'm not sure, other than some of the corners avail, I love what's there for us at 19 and might rather get another swing at a defensive position of need later in the draft.

I think this could be a "sum is greater than their parts" kinda draft on defense for us.

Last edited:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

View: https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1772367606294470730

Verse this time...

In this scenario, I have to think the Vikings try super hard to get to 3 for Maye. But I suspect New England takes him. 11 is too far to drop but they're a team with needs everywhere and a QB may get ruined going to them. Worst talent teamwise in the league right now.

Seems at least one of Verse, Latu, or Murphy will be there. All would fill a key need and wouldn't be a reach. If Newton is also there along with 2 of these guys, I would trade back, unless Verse is there and there is nothing off the field that the Rams have an issue with.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Seems at least one of Verse, Latu, or Murphy will be there. All would fill a key need and wouldn't be a reach. If Newton is also there along with 2 of these guys, I would trade back, unless Verse is there and there is nothing off the field that the Rams have an issue with.
i like Verse for his inside and outside versatility... but not sure I'd take him over Murphy. That's a toss up for me.

I wouldn't trade down if either of those two are there.

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
You gotta take Verse if he's there. The drop off in edge talent is precipitous after the top 4. And Chop is a half step below the top 3.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I still think I have Latu #1, and if he and Verse is there, Latu is my pick. There was simply not a better pass rusher in the country last year. Obviously, this is only if his health is ok'd by our staff. A 100% cleared Latu is my #1 edge.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I'm gonna go with the production of its a pass rusher like Latu vs Verse. Latu has better hands and counter moves which is much needed in the NFL, so long as his health checks out. To be honest though, I'd also have a tough time passing on Q Mitchell. Toss up for me between Latu and Mitchell. Murphy I'd pass on vs Newton. Just think Newton is better and has more consistent stats to prove it while being the only threat that played on his D line in college. Newton to me also passes the eye test more, but that's just my opinion of course hahaha

WestCoastRam

Legend
Nothing shocking here but Snead mentions they've mocked moving up and down in draft at 19 and 52.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kool-aid McKinstry for jersey sales please.

muggmeister

Rookie
If we have to trade this and next years 3rd round comps to move up a few spots for Latu, then make it happen. DO NOT let him leave LA. Reminds me of TJ Watt, total game wrecker and lives in the opposing backfield.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
If we have to trade this and next years 3rd round comps to move up a few spots for Latu, then make it happen. DO NOT let him leave LA. Reminds me of TJ Watt, total game wrecker and lives in the opposing backfield.
This. The guy was just born to rush the passer and he isn't a one year wonder.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
Just curious. So you project Latu to be an elite player? Pro bowler, All Pro, etc.?

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
He's trying to get some extra 6th round picks
Oh No GIF by StickerGiant

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Almost anything any of us do on this board is a complete waste of time. Its almost like its kinda the point.

As for you mock drafters, I don't do them, but I enjoy wasting my time reading all your mock draft results.
And there it is right there. Bingo.