Mock Draft Tidbits / 2024 Draft Talk

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
OK, since Charles Davis said we were drafting Bo Nix first, I got something for that. But forewarned, we are getting a Kicker from the UFL and Snead is going to half to trade his ass off.

35. Bo Nix QB Oregon

52. Xavier Legette WR South Carolina

64. Braden Fiske DT Florida State

83. Kris Jenkins DT Michigan

99. Marshawn Kneeland EDGE Western Michigan

104. Kris Abrams-Draine CB Missouri

113. Malik Washington WR Virginia

131. Tanor Bortolini OC Wisconsin

138. Jaylen Wright RB Tennessee

155. Kitan Oladapo S Oregon State

177. Isaac Guerendo RB Louisville

209. Dallin Holker TE Colorado State

213. Dominique Hampton S Washington

254. Frank Crum OT Wyoming

What did I miss?
If they took a QB, it would have to be a draft like this, where they still get multiple picks in the top 125 to make up for taking a guy who will sit for at least 2 yrs or more.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just want nothing to do with Nix even in the 2nd. I get that people like him but I just don't. Fortunately for NFL teams I'm not a talent evaluator and don't work in their front offices :D

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
My brother I really wanted Jimmy Claussen :D

Suh would have been great at #1 but yeah Claussen in the 2nd is a whole other ball game.
We have all been wrong about prospects in the past.

Way before I posted on any Rams forum, I was convinced that Justin King would be a superb cornerback. :laugh4:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I know as Rams fans that's where we go.. the biggest difference is that the tape he does have is in a system that translates to the NFL better than either of those two.
I don't think it's a real comp to those two, to be honest.
Robinson's issue was between his ears. I remember reading that he spent more time learning rap lyrics than he did learning the playbook. I saw he was just arrested again late last yr on a drug bust again.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
My brother I really wanted Jimmy Claussen :D

Suh would have been great at #1 but yeah Claussen in the 2nd is a whole other ball game.
I can go way back when I thought JJ Stokes was going to be a star.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Yes. Odunze!

Also, Cooks. They likely would have kept him for years but he started getting concussions. I'm already on record as saying I think there is a reason they interviewed Odunze and were rumored to be strongly interested in Mike Evans before he resigned with his team.

With all of the recent signing on D, I feel they are setting themselves up to make a move at 19. I suspect it's for an X WR - one of the top 4 guys.

I'm usually wrong except on Fowler Obj maybe couple others lol but seriously like you could get T Higgins probably for our 19th which I'd probably be ok with it but why do that when you can move up for Odunze cheap labor for now and able to step right in with a dynamic veteran QB and other receivers around him id obviously prefer to use any picks for Allen but I'd be just fine with moving up for Odunze and I feel they may try for him he needs to get by San Diego who a lot of mock drafts have taking him but should heake it to ATL I feel good about it but remember I'm more wrong than I am right pretty much in life in general lol

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
UFL magic coming to the Rams with that scenario for K.

I choose OT Lettuce Head instead. Dude with the locks can roll for a 6'8", 318 lb dude.

Frank Crum is my sleeper pick for offensive line. He's very raw (played right tackle in a mostly-running offense in Wyoming), but the physical tools are the stuff you dream about.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
We have all been wrong about prospects in the past.

Way before I posted on any Rams forum, I was convinced that Justin King would be a superb cornerback. :laugh4:
After his Senior Bowl performance, I thought Tye Hill was the next coming..... It still is one of the most dominating performances at Senior Bowl practices I've seen.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
And ignore the defence?
Sad as it makes me if they feel they can plug with late cuts and trades maybe a free agent leftover like Calais Campbell to make a super offense then I dare say yes for Odunze touch Julio Jones there to me

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
And ignore the defence?
You can get defense at 52, 83, 99, 154, 155, etc.

The Rams haven't had a 1st round pick in 8 years including last year and just had a stellar draft. It really doesn't matter what 19 is used on. They'll be able to plug the holes b/c they're pretty good at this.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Ok, I'm sold on Newton. He'll compliment Turner well. In this mock, as it is in almost all of them, you can get him with a slight trade back.
View attachment 65000
Booker and Wallace are my favorites in your mock. I think it’s realistic the Rams could land both if they wanted.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I keep seeing Amarius Mims in published mock drafts going after the Rams pick... and I just don't know that I'd let him get by.
I know he has limited starts and that the Rams are in a good spot at tackle... but, his upside? He could be a 15 year starter at a high, high level. They just don't build many humans like that.
15 year starter? On the same team? Then again he might take 3 years to get to a pro bowl level. I’m not saying this can’t happen, but are the Rams really looking for this?
I would say not at #19.

dang

Legend
Sad as it makes me if they feel they can plug with late cuts and trades maybe a free agent leftover like Calais Campbell to make a super offense then I dare say yes for Odunze touch Julio Jones there to me
Habla ingles?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen