MNF: Dolphins at Steelers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Monday Night Football: Miami Dolphins vs. Pittsburgh Steelers

"Monday Night Football" features the Steelers hosting the Dolphins in a game that, let's be honest, the NFL probably would have flexed out if it had the option. These two teams played in an AFC Wild Card game in 2017 that the Steelers easily won, 30-12, but most key players are gone. Le'Veon Bell and Antonio Brown accounted for nearly 300 yards of offense and three touchdowns in the victory, and neither left Pittsburgh on good terms. Miami's quarterback was Matt Moore, and he's now in Kansas City, while Ben Roethlisberger currently patrols the Steelers' sideline after suffering a season-ending elbow injury in Week 2.

The Dolphins are 0-6 already this season and have given up 30 points or more in all but one game against fellow bottom-dweller Washington. The storylines write themselves with this team, as they continue to tank... err try really, really hard to win this season. Ryan Fitzpatrick is back under center after Josh Rosen failed to produce. Miami's defense has only one interception, courtesy of Bobby McCain, and seven sacks from five different players. Their one bright spot has been former first-rounder Taco Charlton, who was claimed off of waivers after being released by Dallas.

The Steelers are 2-4 and are coming off their bye week and begin a stretch of three straight at home. They have used three quarterbacks this season but it looks like Mason Rudolph will be back under center after missing Week 6 against the Chargers. This is a very good defense that should be able to put pressure on Miami from every level. First-rounder Devin Bush leads Pittsburg with 52 tackles and has added a sack and two interceptions. Safety Minkah Fitzpatrick also is making an impact after being traded by the Dolphins to the Steelers in mid-September.

Miami at Pittsburgh

Kickoff: Monday, Oct. 28 at 8:15 p.m. ET
TV: ESPN
Spread: Pittsburgh -14

Three Things to Watch

1. Intangibles

As mentioned above, Pittsburgh is coming off a bye week with two wins in their last three contests. The Steelers have to be feeling good about themselves and should be about as fresh as possible for this one. If this game gets out of hand, head coach Mike Tomlin may try and give some guys a breather as they get ready for a tough stretch of games (vs. Colts, vs. Rams, at Browns). For Miami, everyone is well aware of what the team is trying to accomplish even if the Dolphins have a "winnable" game up next at home against the Jets. This also is Miami's third straight road game since its Week 5 bye.

2. Taking care of business

Miami has trailed at halftime by the following scores: 42-10, 13-0, 10-6, 17-10 and 7-3. Only once have the Dolphins led at the half, last week when they were up 14-9 at Buffalo (went on to lose 31-21). This shows that the team tries hard out of the gate before letting down in the second half. It's a fascinating study to see this team pull off what they are doing. The Steelers need to use this game to get James Conner going since he has yet to run for more than 60 yards in a game this season. They also need to get Mason Rudolph going and build chemistry with JuJu Smith-Schuster. If top Miami cornerback Xavien Howard is out once again, then that should happen.

3. Trade deadline auditions

If I were a member of the Dolphins, I'd be playing hard so I could join a contender as the team continues to sell off assets. Running back Kenyan Drake was a name being thrown around quite a bit, but he's averaging 3.7 yards per carry with two fumbles and no rushing touchdowns. Ryan Fitzpatrick should be garnering more interest as a backup somewhere or potentially a starter. He's completed 59 percent of his passes but has three touchdowns to five interceptions. The FitzMagic version can help teams win games, but the FitzTragic version will make sure you have no shot. There are some decent veterans on defense who could be on the move too. Play hard and a reward could be a trade to a playoff contender.

Final Analysis

I mean, the Steelers are going to win. I could write a flowery paragraph here about the advantages and edges they have, but let's be honest, you've got one team trying and one not trying. It may be close early since Miami has shown the propensity to keep things competitive, but the lack of talent will catch up to them in the end. Pittsburgh gets this one in the win column as they make the push for a playoff berth.

Prediction: Steelers 27, Dolphins 10

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Could it be the Patriots go 16-0 the same year the Dolphins go 0-16? Does the 1972 Dolphin team keep champagne on ice for the first loss or the first win?

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
My FF opponent has the Steelers' D and James Conner going tonight to overcome a 17-pt deficit. If they were playing an actual NFL team I might have a chance of holding that lead...

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
My FF opponent has the Steelers' D and James Conner going tonight to overcome a 17-pt deficit. If they were playing an actual NFL team I might have a chance of holding that lead...

I need Chris Boswell to get at 11 points. Fantasy football is stooooopiiiidddd lol.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
I'll watch and check out the Steelers since they're up next. I haven't watched them play at all this season.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This should be one terrible game. I wonder what I can find on netflix or prime.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am excited to see what uniforms they are wearing.

jacktheripper85

Starter
Well....as someone who’s wagered a few games in my life I’ve learned that when most of the public and pundits are predicting a great game it mostly winds up being a blowout and conversely when everyone expects a blow out it’s usually a close game.

Therefore I’ll be betting the Dolphins tonight.

.......but only $1.

AZRams

Rudolph picked, Dolphins with 2nd-and-goal on the 7...:LOL:

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fire.jpg

AZRams

OMFG...they're up 14 after a second INT.

ROFL...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
A Steelers loss tonight would be the worst thing for the Rams.

If they lose they will be angry and motivated next weekend.

Q729

Legend
This game has no bearing on how the Steelers play the Rams. They'll most likely be focusing on taking down an upward trending team in their own conference next week (Colts). Besides..
"We're playing the defending NFC Champs. Let's fuck 'em up!" Nothing else needed.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A Steelers loss tonight would be the worst thing for the Rams.

If they lose they will be angry and motivated next weekend.
Well that’s good. They can take it out on the Colts while the Rams are on the bye.
Then the NEXT weekend they can go back to being pizzed off about losing....

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A Steeler loss would be great for ticket prices in two weeks. They are outrageous right now . The worst thing for the Rams is the Steelers getting to 4-4 and building confidence.