MMQB: The 10 Best Tight Ends in Football

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Click link below to listen to podcast.
http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/05/29/...s-kelce-jordan-reed-jason-witten-kyle-rudolph

The 10 Best Tight Ends in Football
Gronkowski or Kelce? How much of an upgrade did the Packers get in Martellus Bennett? And does Jason Witten still make the cut?
By Andy Benoit and Gary Gramling

top-10-tight-ends-2017.jpg

Tight ends. Every team wants good ones, but there aren’t that many good ones in the NFL. We’re unveiling the top 10, based on the votes of myself, Andy Benoit and researcher Ryan Lacey.

From a voting standpoint, the big question was whether Gronk, coming off another injury-filled season, had enough to hold off some of the position’s rising superstars. Did he? Find out by listening to the thing.

Number 10—1:46 - Kyle Rudolph(Vikings)

Number 9—6:21 - Tyler Eifert(Bengals)

Number 8—7:49 - Martellus Bennett(Packers)

Number 6 (tie)—12:38 - Delanie Walker(Titans)

Number 6 (tie)—18:16 - Jason Witten(Cowboys)

Number 5—23:25 - Jimmy Graham(Seahawks)

Number 4—29:32 - Greg Olsen(Panthers)

Number 3—34:41 - Jordan Reed(Redskins)

Number 2—38:33 - Travis Kelce(Chiefs)

Number 1—42:11 - Rob Gronkowski(Patriots)

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Bennett over Eifert and Rudolph? Uh... not sure I buy that.
Graham still in the top 5? Not sure I buy that either.
Imagine if Gronkowski weren't made of glass, the career he could have?
Also, I'm willing to bet that by the end of the season, Hunter Henry (and possibly OJ Howard) will be on this list, with Walker basically aging out (he's 33 to start the season) along with Witten (35).

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Good QB's make TE's....Jameis was trying to turn ASJ into a beast.....but he wasn't made that way..yet. Sam Bradford made Rudolph....Eifert is made of glass too @DCH
Gronk is still a beast...Man I really liked Kelcie in college coming out...Excellent combine. I think Henry has promise. OJ is a rookie...if he's special he may do something.

And hey, I think Higbee has a chance to be just like Kelcie....Hemingway is a wildcard.

Where's Jared Cook & Kendricks????

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I'm also wondering if someone should be bumped for (a healthy) Zach Ertz.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm willing to bet that by the end of the season, Hunter Henry (and possibly OJ Howard) will be on this list,
What about Our TE Everett's chances of joining this list!?!:D

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
What about Our TE Everett's chances of joining this list!?!:D
No idea what to expect out of him, or really any Rams offensive player other than Gurley, at this point. That entire side of the field is wild-cards.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Maybe the Rams might crack the top ten TEs list for the first time in... forever...

Ram65

Legend
Nice sortable listing with targets/catches
https://fantasyfootballers.org/te-tight-end-nfl-stats/

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...archive=false&conference=null&qualified=false

Bennett over Eifert and Rudolph? Uh... not sure I buy that.
Graham still in the top 5? Not sure I buy that either.
Imagine if Gronkowski weren't made of glass, the career he could have?
Also, I'm willing to bet that by the end of the season, Hunter Henry (and possibly OJ Howard) will be on this list, with Walker basically aging out (he's 33 to start the season) along with Witten (35).

Gronk when healthy is #1 but, Kelce is right there and stays healthy. I did see him make some nice down field catches. I would move Eifert and Rudolph up too. Graham still producing. Reed doesn't stay on the field so I would drop him. These are just big WR. Hard to rate the blocking as I don't watch them game to game,

Last edited:

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Nice sortable listing with targets/catches
https://fantasyfootballers.org/te-tight-end-nfl-stats/

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...archive=false&conference=null&qualified=false

Gronk when healthy is #1 but, Kelce is right there and stays healthy. I did see him make some nice down field catches. I would move Eifert and Rudolph up too. Graham still producing. Reed doesn't stay on the field so I would drop him. These are just big WR. Hard to rate the blocking as I watch them game to game,
That's something I wondered, how much blocking took into account (with Reed and Graham on the list, apparently not much). Gronk is a beastly blocker, and Bennett is, too. There's not a lot of guys who are pass-catching weapons and also top-caliber blocking TEs. I always thought Harkey had that in him.