MJD: Rams most physical rushing team

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Now that that's settled, here are the five most physical rushing teams in the NFL right now.

Rank
Los Angeles Rams

Los Angeles Rams
2-1-0
Last year, the Rams struggled to find an offensive identity. This year, it's clear Sean McVay wants his team to be physical -- and it is. The Rams lead the league in rushing attempts through three weeks, averaging 37 carries per game, and their committee approach -- featuring Darrell Henderson, Cam Akers and Malcolm Brown -- allows them to trot out fresh legs on nearly every play, from start to finish, even if one player (Henderson, lately) ends up with more carries than the others. Akers missed Week 3 with a rib injury, but when he's healthy, he'll rejoin Henderson and Brown in wearing defenses down behind an offensive line that has the second-highest run-blocking grade (79.0) by Pro Football Focus. Furthermore, the Rams lead the league in forced missed tackles with 26 (five more than any other team). You might expect that kind of performance with a high-profile star like Todd Gurley in the backfield, but Gurley is gone -- and this unheralded group is putting the league on notice.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
IMO this is the best line McVay has ever had. It's that good now that they have Edwards in there. The guy played so well that I considered putting up some stills just on him. Both sides can crush in the run game, the interior can open holes too, and the pass blocking is getting better every week.

Blythe is the only real guy you could try to isolate IF you have a dominant NT. But he's got two OGs next to him playing very well and is protected, the Rams can help him from either side whenever they want. The Giants have a stout NT in Tomlinson but Rams will double him up if they need to and I doubt they have the overall line to slow these guys. Skins will be a really big test not just for Blythe but the rest of the line as well as the TEs. And SF the week after are the next big tests to see if this unit can keep it going.

But from what I've seen so far this line will probably ace those tests. And if so it's looking like we have the type of line who can run the table in the playoffs. It's just gonna come down to whether they can stay healthy. And how well the defense can improve.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
If someone would have told the Rams would have the number 2 overall run blocking grade ,I would have laughed at them.

What a Pleasent surprise this Team is doing Overall..

Btw Nice Read.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
So my take away is this. Not every question mark a team has. Has a bad answer. The oline was a ?. The running backs were a ?. The pass rush and LBs are ?. Goff and mcvay all of a sudden was ?. Run D is a?. Over half of the? Have been answered in the positive. Im still hopeful if Robinson comes back and Lewis or maybe Fox shows up there will be more positive answers. Go Rams.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
Often after only 3 games, I don't find much value in these things, as the strength of opponents is important. Rams have done this against 3 pretty strong DLs.

Ram65

Legend
Often after only 3 games, I don't find much value in these things, as the strength of opponents is important. Rams have done this against 3 pretty strong DLs.

The Eagles suck (tied the hapless Bengals and lost to a terrible Washington team) and the Cowboys are always overrated. The Bills are solid all-around but, not really tested over time.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
The Eagles suck (tied the hapless Bengals and lost to a terrible Washington team) and the Cowboys are always overrated. The Bills are solid all-around but, not really tested over time.
The Bills defense was finally healthy and the they have an excellent defense when healthy. The Cowboys are overrated but they were in till the end against Seattle. Eagles offense isn't great because Wentz and the Oline but their defense has been good. I'm very impressed with how are team has played, especially on Offense.