Mizzou

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Gotta be good to land in a bowl game with THE Ohio State. Wow. Great job this year, Tigers!! Miss having Mizzou playing meaningful sports this time of year. Basketball team doing any good?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Gotta be good to land in a bowl game with THE Ohio State. Wow. Great job this year, Tigers!! Miss having Mizzou playing meaningful sports this time of year. Basketball team doing any good?

Actually, they are. Just upset the Wichita State Shockers.

Memento

Name
Jemma
M-I-Z!!!! OHIO STATE JUST GOT CRUSHED! COTTON BOWL WIN!

Looks like Ennis Rakestraw Jr. is leaving for the NFL as well. I'll miss the guy; he was great when he played for us.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Penn State got crushed. I hate that four of their best five players chose not to play. Especially the two DBs. But, PSU displayed once again, that the defense can be relied upon to score points too. That offense was terrible. Allar is starting to look like a bust. For some reason Franklin cannot attract any good receivers to PSU. He’s going to have to change something to stop that trend.

In the flip side, I was impressed with Jaxson Dart. He stood tall under pressure and delivered. Never mind that most of them were short jump balls to his tall receiver. It still took composure.

Kiffin had a great game plan. He must have been pushing conditioning this past month because his hurry up offense totally had PSU gassed by the second half. Franklin didn’t have them prepared for that tempo.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
M-I-Z!!!! OHIO STATE JUST GOT CRUSHED! COTTON BOWL WIN!

Looks like Ennis Rakestraw Jr. is leaving for the NFL as well. I'll miss the guy; he was great when he played for us.
Congrats, however, losing the QB made a difference IMHO. But congrats.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I. Want. Kris Abrams-Draine. A pick against Kentucky (and one wiped out on a penalty, so it could've easily been two). Four interceptions and nine pass breakups on the season. Perfect coverage. Brady Cook has his favorite targets in Luther Burden III (who is still only a true sophomore) and Theo Wease (former five-star Oklahoma transfer). Brett Norfleet (6'6" 245 lbs. true freshman tight end) and Marquis Johnson (speed demon true freshman wide receiver/returner) are part of a very bright future on offense, and that's not even mentioning that Brady Cook is still only a junior, and we have Sam Horn ready to take his place when Cook eventually leaves.

And then you have the defense. Ennis Rakestraw Jr. wasn't starting, but then Dreyden Norwood came up with a huge forced fumble. Ty-Ron Hopper all over the place at middle linebacker. And while we lack a truly elite starting lineman, we have a lot of very good ones, and have the number one defensive end recruit in the country next year in Williams Nwaneri (the highest ranked recruit we've gotten since Luther Burden III) coming in, along with a very good and very young defensive backfield.

We are going to be players in the SEC East for some time, and if we play this way in all of our SEC games, I can see us upsetting everyone except Georgia (yes, even Tennessee).
I got to watch Mizzou in their Bowl for the first time this season. Outside of the usual players, I was impressed with QB COok. I only saw the second half, but he was very accurate in addition to being able to run. I thought they listed him as a Senior?

Memento

Name
Jemma
I got to watch Mizzou in their Bowl for the first time this season. Outside of the usual players, I was impressed with QB COok. I only saw the second half, but he was very accurate in addition to being able to run. I thought they listed him as a Senior?

Junior, and he's coming back for his senior year. And Cook is inconsistent at best. He really thrives with a solid enough running game, has one of the best offensive lines in the country, some of the best weapons in the country...and yet, despite his being able to run quite well, he's definitely prone to throwing some really bad passes that can cost games (see, LSU).