Mizzou standout Ealy visits Rams/PD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend

Mizzou standout Ealy visits Rams

• By Jim Thomas

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...a-ae88-4b89fab033ec.html#.Uz78sjjIdio.twitter

Even if the Rams don't take defensive end Jadeveon Clowney of South Carolina at No. 2 overall, that doesn't necessarily mean they're finished looking at potential help for their front four. That's because University of Missouri defensive end Kony Ealy is paying a pre-draft visit to Rams Park today.

Ealy generally is considered the second-best defensive end prospect in the draft behind Clowney and is regarded as a sure first-round pick in the draft next month.

Because Ealy grew up in St. Louis (before moving to New Madrid County in southeast Missouri), he counts as a local visit as opposed to a top 30 visit.

As a local visit, that means he's allowed to work out for the Rams. Assistant head coach Dave McGinnis was among the Rams' contingent in Columbia on March 20 when Ealy was clocked in the 4.6-second range at Mizzou's pro day.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Wouldnt be to happy if they burned a 1st on this guy. not that I think he sucks but if were gonna add another DE to the best group of DEs in the NFL the only option in my opinion is Clowney. now if they want to take a late round flier on sombody thats differnt but if were burning a high pick on one its gotta be clowney or nobody.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Wouldnt be to happy if they burned a 1st on this guy. not that I think he sucks but if were gonna add another DE to the best group of DEs in the NFL the only option in my opinion is Clowney. now if they want to take a late round flier on sombody thats differnt but if were burning a high pick on one its gotta be clowney or nobody.
I don't think they would take him with the second first unless they traded down. I'm wondering if they're hoping he falls to the second round. If he's in the 2nd, that's pretty good value

SierraRam

Recreational User
If we don't get a freak (Clowney), then drafting a DE with a high pick is a waste. We've got quality starters and depth there!

OL, S, CB, WR, LB, OL (again), and then maybe a DE...