Mixed results for Rams on Day 1 of free agency/PD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
I think you and most others are underestimating these guys. If Williams felt like you do about them there is no way the Rams would have allowed McLeod to walk. Queue up some of those games in the final third of the season. Mo made enormous strides and made some excellent plays in coverage. TJ has always been used near the LOS because he's big as F and hits like a tank. But he is more athletic than most realize IMO.

I think the main reason they let him walk was teh 7.4 million dollar top 5 safety money. Mo played well and will have a role in our defense I just dont think that will be an every down role with TJ playing SS.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think the main reason they let him walk was teh 7.4 million dollar top 5 safety money. Mo played well and will have a role in our defense I just dont think that will be an every down role with TJ playing SS.

Fact remains brother: Rams were not willing to pay McLeod. Why not? Two reasons. First, they coached him up as a UDFA who was eager to learn. Second, they have two other safeties who are more talented in the pipeline. We disagree on what they are capable of, no doubt. It's cool.

Also of note was that they were willing to pay Barron. Why? Dropoff. There was nobody on the roster who could step in for him and play at the Pro Bowl level that Barron played at. Unlike FS.

jap

Legend
As long as Dani is not released, signed as a FA, or tampered with, I'm more or less fine with things so far. Dani needs to made an Embraceable Ewe for life, with a no-trade, no-cut clause.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But then who plays nickel? Make a play for Ramsey, Hargeeaves or Eli Apple in the draft?
Or sign others in free agency? There is a lot of time left free agency has barely begun.