Minnesota Vikings open new stadium to the public today

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Not exactly Rams related , but it's a slow news day , and the Rams will be playing here in a couple weeks

Ram65

Legend
Cool. Nice downtown stadium. Looks like great site lines. Not sure about the supports though. Should be very loud. Makes waiting for Stans new palace a little harder.

Can't help but, wonder when this one will be obsolete.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Not exactly Rams related , but it's a slow news day , and the Rams will be playing here in a couple weeks

Once the Rams New Dig's open this will look like a Motel 6 in comparison!(y);):D " But it is a lot nicer than the Old L.A. Memorial Coliseum!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
That was fun to check out.

And you know... IF you go all out on the design, like the Cowboys and Rams did, your stadium will be considered top notch for a long time. Hard to believe the Cowboys' stadium is already over 7 years old but it's still a place that wows fans and it's aging well. Not sure how gracefully the Vikes' stadium will age, but it looks a little bland to me with the scoreboard at the end and all those empty rafters; I suspect they'll be sprucing that up in a few years with more juice with the rafter space. The Inglewood design, meanwhile, well, that open sky look is just never gonna get old. It might look ridiculous from the outside in 15 years, but the inside is gonna look great for a long time the way they laid it out:

la-sp-nfl-stadium-inglewood-20150322

Anyway, I find it interesting that Stan spent all that money on the stadium but he's gonna recoup a great deal of it in the franchise value with the move back not to mention using the overall development to garner income. Dude did not get rich by accident, that's for sure.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
Imagine that, stadium seats that match the team's colors.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'd like to punch that old guy in the face for being a Vikings fan, then run onto the field and drop a deuce right on the nose of the Vikings logo. Then on opening day sneak in and spray paint a big schlong and balls right in the Vikings mouth. I'd use oil based spray paint so they couldn't remove it completely.

I hate the Vikings, their fans and their bitch ass coach too.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd like to punch that old guy in the face for being a Vikings fan, then run onto the field and drop a deuce right on the nose of the Vikings logo. Then on opening day sneak in and spray paint a big schlong and balls right in the Vikings mouth. I'd use oil based spray paint so they couldn't remove it completely.

I hate the Vikings, their fans and their bitch ass coach too.

Elm... You are my kinda fan brother. Bravo! :rolllaugh:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That was fun to check out.

And you know... IF you go all out on the design, like the Cowboys and Rams did, your stadium will be considered top notch for a long time. Hard to believe the Cowboys' stadium is already over 7 years old but it's still a place that wows fans and it's aging well. Not sure how gracefully the Vikes' stadium will age, but it looks a little bland to me with the scoreboard at the end and all those empty rafters; I suspect they'll be sprucing that up in a few years with more juice with the rafter space. The Inglewood design, meanwhile, well, that open sky look is just never gonna get old. It might look ridiculous from the outside in 15 years, but the inside is gonna look great for a long time the way they laid it out:

la-sp-nfl-stadium-inglewood-20150322

Anyway, I find it interesting that Stan spent all that money on the stadium but he's gonna recoup a great deal of it in the franchise value with the move back not to mention using the overall development to garner income. Dude did not get rich by accident, that's for sure.

You do realise the picture you posted shows plenty of exposed rafters as well?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
US Bank Stadium. Just rolls right off the tongue doesn't it?

Rams new digs are next to be gifted a stale, sterile corporate American name.

Psycho_X

Legend
I don't know, I think it looks all right. I like the purple throughout for them. But I thought the Ed Dome was all right (minus those f***ing red seats) so whatever. The obsession sports teams, cities, and their fans have with stadiums is stupid. It's like a billion dollar dick measuring contest.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I don't think it's too bad. The architecture should hold up for a while. Here's a better video:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4xrGQqS5mA

I dare say the LA stadium will have a lot more style... the MN stadium is great for its locale, the views of the city are terrific, & the 'ice shard' look is pretty cool. It doesn't try to blend in with its surroundings, which the Ed tried to do--it should have made more of a statement, being it's a primary downtown destination.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams new digs are next to be gifted a stale, sterile corporate American name.

Man I hope not. If I am the Dodge CEO... I'm preparing a massive bid for the stadium to be called the "Dodge RAM TOUGH Stadium." I could deal with that.

Nightmare scenario: "Dollar Shave Club Stadium."

Most likely scenario: "Google Stadium."

Google will probably get 'er done. Why? Of all the LA companies it's the most powerful and that flight path approach to LAX in is a metric F ton of free advertisement.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Man I hope not. If I am the Dodge CEO... I'm preparing a massive bid for the stadium to be called the "Dodge RAM TOUGH Stadium." I could deal with that.
NICE. Not bad. I could live with that too.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I don't know, I think it looks all right. I like the purple throughout for them. But I thought the Ed Dome was all right (minus those f***ing red seats) so whatever. The obsession sports teams, cities, and their fans have with stadiums is stupid. It's like a billion dollar dick measuring contest.
Lol, true.
I guess for me it's less about the cosmetic look of a stadium and more about it's personality which includes giving it a name. I'm just old school. I love the days when these venues were given REAL names instead of everything being given corporate naming rights. It's just a modern reality that sucks.

It's like if people started naming their children and pets Pepsi, Coke, Google, Microsoft etc...:eek:

This image says it all.
999381_10201425471495757_611045502_n.jpg

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
t's like if people started naming their children and pets Pepsi, Coke, Google, Microsoft etc...:eek:

The wife and I were so broke way back when we had our kids that we might have done that had they been offering it! :yay:

In all seriousness though, that's a good idea for a company. Might be onto the next great idea in advertising lol.