Mike Shanahan to the Broncos?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I thought he was was great in The Great Gatsby.

Screenshot_2.jpg

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I'm not so sure about that, but I do believe Allen was just that way...He asked Pat Haden to pick up a hot dog wrapper that was blowing around the practice field and that got Haden upset, but Allen believed keeping things neat and orderly, it was compulsive that way. Carroll Rosenbloom (CR) and Allen did not mesh well and Rosenbloom had told Georgia the biggest mistake he made was letting Chuck Knox go, but I believe his biggest mistake was not hiring Bill Walsh over George Allen, to what could have been.

Anyway, Allen went on to coach in the USFL with the Chicago Blitz and Arizona Wranglers so I'm thinking, that was just his way and Allen was only 56 back in 1978, so not that old.

BTW....Had me gut laughing comparing Georgia to Hillary.....Awesome!

den,
Yeah, I could have gone the rest of my life and not have been reminded how we missed out on Bill Walsh. Truly, what could have been.......

BTW a trivia question for you, Do you recall what was George Allen's favorite food and why?

Just askin'

~ArkyRamsFan~

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
den,
Yeah, I could have gone the rest of my life and not have been reminded how we missed out on Bill Walsh. Truly, what could have been.......

BTW a trivia question for you, Do you recall what was George Allen's favorite food and why?

Just askin'

~ArkyRamsFan~

Well, I know his favorite beverage was milk and he was compulsive about everything being in the right place like in the cafeteria he felt the saltines should be next to the soup for example everything being synchronized and perfectly coordinated, he was obsessed. So I will guess a Hot Dog because you don't have to throw anything away, you eat it and no disposal is necessary.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, I know his favorite beverage was milk and he was compulsive about everything being in the right place like in the cafeteria he felt the saltines should be next to the soup for example everything being synchronized and perfectly coordinated, he was obsessed. So I will guess a Hot Dog because you don't have to throw anything away, you eat it and no disposal is necessary.
Didn’t his wife make him 2 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches every day?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...red-firing-vance-joseph-hiring-mike-shanahan/

John Elway considered firing Vance Joseph, hiring Mike Shanahan
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 17, 2018

GettyImages-472235034-e1545059287332.jpg

Getty Images

The Broncos are out of the playoffs for the second consecutive year, and head coach Vance Joseph is on the hot seat. And now a very surprising name has been floated as a potential replacement: Mike Shanahan.

Shanahan, of course, won two Super Bowls with the Broncos, when Broncos General Manager John Elway was his quarterback. And Elway reportedly considered firing Joseph after last season, and hiring Shanahan to replace him.

Longtime Denver sports columnist Woody Paige reported that Elway and Shanahan met a year ago to discuss the possibility of Shanahan returning to the sideline. Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reported that he heard the same.

Standing in the way was Broncos CEO Joe Ellis, who said if Elway was going to move on from Joseph, he needed to conduct a full coaching search, and not just hand the job to Shanahan. (Elway would have to interview a minority before hiring Shanahan to comply with the Rooney Rule.) Elway eventually came around to giving Joseph a second year in Denver.

But now that Joseph’s second year has ended out of the playoffs, the Broncos may be ready for a new head coach. Could Shanahan be the guy? It’s entirely possible. The 66-year-old Shanahan has said he would like to coach again, if he finds the right situation.

Elway is likely to begin conducting another coaching search in two weeks. Shanahan may be on his list of candidates.
fUR0Vxq.jpg

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler

Heh, good guess! Actually I had read that it was ice cream. Primarily because you didn't have to waste time chewing or concentrating on swallowing. Yep, 'ol George would sit at his kitchen table drawing up defensive formations while wolfing down a bowl of ice cream.
He was quite a guy although I couldn't ever agree with his philosophy on the draft and young players. But that was George, opinionated, and stuck in his ways......

~ArkyRamsFan~

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
. But that was George, opinionated, and stuck in his ways......

~ArkyRamsFan~

I always loved former Rams Owner and Hall of Fame member Dan Reeves quote about George Allen.... "I had more fun losing with Harland Svare, then I ever did winning with George Allen." Funny!
s-l300.jpg

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I always loved former Rams Owner and Hall of Fame member Dan Reeves quote about George Allen.... "I had more fun losing with Harland Svare, then I ever did winning with George Allen." Funny!
s-l300.jpg
Wow!! Now that's a classic! Heh, how about the one by Allen's former owner when he was the coach of the Washington Redskins, He said, "When he first came here I gave George an unlimited budget, and he exceeded it...."
I think the owner's name was Edward Bennett Williams. At any rate good stuff, huh?

Sidenote on Harland Svare: The first year I can remember following our beloved Rams was his last as coach. I believe he won one game and he was mercifully fired. George Allen came in and the rest is history.

~ArkyRamsFan~