Mike Sando Talks Sam Bradford and His Perception Around the NFL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

xander47

Rookie
Wow thanks! That's really insightful. I don't think it's possible, but does anyone have Bradford's competition percentage the longer he holds the ball? I don't think it's possible to get the completion percentage for his second and third reads.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
So, the "player" says Bradford hasn't brought his team back in any games?

Week 2 2012 against Redskins.
2012 against Buffalo
2013 against Arizona

I'm sure there were others.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

2012 against Buffalo
2013 against Arizona

Six 4th quarter comebacks and five game-winning drives.
But those don't count.
Because.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
But those don't count.
Because.
Because everything bad that happens is totally on Bradford.

Everything good that happens is the other players stepping up despite Bradford.

It's simple logic. Or the logic of the simple.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Because everything bad that happens is totally on Bradford.

Everything good that happens is the other players stepping up despite Bradford.

It's simple logic. Or the logic of the simple.
It is what it is. People are now so entrenched in their position on Bradford, that there's no digging out until his fate is decided. I once had a 5 page debate over his game against the Cardinals wherein he completed just 7 passes. Two of which were for touchdowns, and the Rams won. Even made a video of every throw so people could see why the other 14 passes weren't completed.

So for him (and the whole debate, essentially) it's either cut or get extended. And forgetting the double entendre I just made there, I'll just go ahead and rest my case on everything I've said about Bradford over the years and wait for him to control his own destiny. Barring an epic injury apocalypse like 2011, there's no reason (in my mind) why he can't silence his critics this year.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
It is what it is. People are now so entrenched in their position on Bradford, that there's no digging out until his fate is decided. I once had a 5 page debate over his game against the Cardinals wherein he completed just 7 passes. Two of which were for touchdowns, and the Rams won. Even made a video of every throw so people could see why the other 14 passes weren't completed.

So for him (and the whole debate, essentially) it's either cut or get extended. And forgetting the double entendre I just made there, I'll just go ahead and rest my case on everything I've said about Bradford over the years and wait for him to control his own destiny. Barring an epic injury apocalypse like 2011, there's no reason (in my mind) why he can't silence his critics this year.
We've all chimed our opinions in and this is the year to find out if we were right all along or if the nay-sayers were undoubtedly right!

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Pretty much a fair assessment, due to Sam's injuries.
Although every single thing the player said was not factually true. I guess they asked Kapernick or someone else in the NFC West.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
But those don't count.
Because.

Over his career there have been 4 games also in which he gave the Rams a lead but the defense gave up a game winning drive and the Rams lost. Those numbers could be a bit higher also. I did the research on another board last year going into last season and he was ranked like 4th in 4th quarter comebacks over the last 2 years.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
while i did enjoy hearing from different people around the league talking about bradford,sando will never give a positve account(8-8 my ass)on the rams as he is a diehard seabitch fan.please excuse the language, but any word put behind the word "sea" shouldnt be considered profanity.but should only be considered as simply stating the facts.

Last edited:

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Player they asked is a hater for sure! Sam's not Peyton, yet, but is on his way up! Can't wait for Sam to silence his critics this year! (y)

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
I don't think anyone expected Sam to be the next Peyton or Aaron Rodgers, cannon armed gun slingers, but I think his ceiling isn't far off from a Troy Aikman or Tom Brady if his potential is realized.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

2012 against Buffalo
2013 against Arizona

There were some where he got the team either ahead or within a score, but the defense couldn't stop the opposing offense the next drive.

jap

Legend
I don't think anyone expected Sam to be the next Peyton or Aaron Rodgers, cannon armed gun slingers, but I think his ceiling isn't far off from a Troy Aikman or Tom Brady if his potential is realized.

Aikman is the QB Bradford was being compared to the most pre-2008 draft.

jap

Legend
Didn't Bradford choose the number 8 because that's what Aikman wore?

I don't know anything about that. I just remember so many NFL insiders comparing Sam with Troy before that pivotal draft. I was actually leaning towards Suh at first. However, once Sam passed his physical with flying colors, demonstrating that his arm & shoulder were actually stronger than they were pre-injury, I swung my preference to the kid with the golden arm.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I don't know anything about that. I just remember so many NFL insiders comparing Sam with Troy before that pivotal draft. I was actually leaning towards Suh at first. However, once Sam passed his physical with flying colors, demonstrating that his arm & shoulder were actually stronger than they were pre-injury, I swung my preference to the kid with the golden arm.
A little research, and it turns out that yes... he did.

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...dford-to-wear-no-8-as-homage-to-troy-aikman/1

Sam Bradford has ditched the No. 14 from his days with the Sooners.

The St. Louis Rams' new franchise quarterback has selected jersey No. 8 to honor NFL Hall of Famer Troy Aikman, who attended Oklahoma University (just like Bradford) before he transferred to UCLA.

Bradford became the first overall pick of the 2010 draft Thursday night; Aikman held the same distinction in 1989, when the Dallas Cowboys selected him No. 1.

Aikman, who wore No. 8 for his entire 12-year career, helped lead Dallas to three Super Bowl titles and 94 regular-season wins in his 165 starts.

"He was very good at that," Bradford said of Aikman's ability to pile up victories. "I just relate to him." -- Nate Davis

Also, my research turned up this:

473px-Rams_quarterback_Sam_Bradford_at_the_coaching_clinic.jpg

Some photos of Bradford look way creepier than others.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Much like Bulger, only Sam's bad games or stats seem to be part of NFL history.

"Sam still hasn't shown me anything. I mean, I know he had the worst supporting cast in NFL history when he was one of the younger QB rookies, but he's like 25 now. Like a grandpa. Time to move on to another rookie, who's probably close to 25 already."
-Joe Public-