Mike McAllister, C, Youngstown State Volunteer Firefighter

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NCRamGuy

Rookie
Name
ManmadeRam
Had no idea this guy was a volunteer firefighter as well. Found this neat video I thought I'd share.

Makes you root a little harder for the kid! Also the guy saying, "Anything but Cleveland!" has me cracking up.

If he can pull bodies from aburning building I'm sure he can toss some guys in the trenches :)

oldnotdead

Legend
I've liked him since I saw his name on the UDFA list. He's a mobile center with good feet and able to block on the second level on the interior run attack. He has a classic build for a center. It's really the only position he's played the past 3 years and he appears durable. He graded out as one of the best OL on his team also winning conference honors. If Mike shows promise he could either potentially start or at least provide positional depth behind Shelton next year.

As a former NFL center himself, Wendell was obviously involved in this signing as he was in re-signing Shelton this year. Best case Shelton wins the start in 2024 with McAllister behind him. At center, experience is important in making the correct OL blocking calls. Wendell obvously sees something in McAllister.

NCRamGuy

Rookie
Name
ManmadeRam
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have noticed too, McVay and Snead like taking IVY league guys for the trenches. McCallister ad Hoecht. I like it

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I have noticed too, McVay and Snead like taking IVY league guys for the trenches. McCallister ad Hoecht. I like it
McCallister is not Ivy League, he went to Youngstown State I think you are confusing McCallister with OLB Matthew Jester, who is a Princeton Alum.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
McCallister is not Ivy League, he went to Youngstown State I think you are confusing McCallister with OLB Matthew Jester, who is a Princeton Alum.
Ron Jaworski went to Youngstown State...so definitely not Ivy League.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Youngstown State the poor man's Princeton.