Michael Vick Signs With Steelers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...s-new-york-jets-philadelphia-eagles/32324777/

Michael Vick signs one-year contract with Steelers
Lindsay H. Jones, USA TODAY Sports

Quarterback Michael Vick didn't have to wait until the regular season to land back in the NFL

The veteran signed a one-year contract with thePittsburgh Steelers on Tuesday to serve as the back-up to Ben Roethlisberger, the team announced.

The Steelers’ current No. 2 quarterback, Bruce Gradkowski, suffered a hand injury in the Week 2 preseason game against Green Bay and was placed on injured reserve.

Vick, 35, had been a free agent since his one-year contract with the New York Jetsexpired in March. He played in 10 games, with three starts, for the Jets last season. He spent the previous five years with the Philadelphia Eagles.

"There's not a throw on the field he can't make from an arm strength standpoint," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin told reporters after the signing. "He's a very experienced guy at what he does at this point in his career and the mobility is still unique even at 35."

Vick remains a controversial figure after his 2007 federal conviction for financing a dogfighting ring, a consideration Tomlin said had been taken into account.

“Obviously we’re sensitive to those potential things but we are going to do our due diligence,” Tomlin said. “Rest assured that we’ve done that, but rest assured he’s done a lot since he’s gone through some of the things he’s gone through and his track record at this point in that regard speaks for itself.”

Follow Lindsay H. Jones on Twitter @bylindsayhjones

PFaulk

Rookie
Name
Dan
banbu.gif

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rapist and the Dog Killer, together at last.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I don't see this amounting to anything in the long run. Big Ben is a very durable QB so I see Vick just riding the bench into retirement.

WvuIN02

Starter
Growing up in a Steelers family, if you knew how badly Landry Jones was/is, you'd realize what a huge upgrade this is.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Lol.
Vick hasn't had anything resembling a good season in five years, he was yet again signed as a backup, now on his fourth team...and yet this is BIG news?
ESPN sucks.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
I don't see this amounting to anything in the long run. Big Ben is a very durable QB so I see Vick just riding the bench into retirement.
This pretty much sums it up for the rest of Vicks career.

RamWoodie

Legend
I think Vick with the Steelers is a GREAT move! That's just the team he needs to be on.