Michael Thomas WR OSU

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
Anybody get a chance to watch him? Very big dude. Runs great routes, shows that he works at his craft. Isn't a wow athlete, but is pretty solid. I'm intrigued by the guy. This is a very solid WR class. Some good guys to be had, no elite WR prospects, but very good ones.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watched every game he played. Was my favorite WR last season but was overshadowed by Zeke and Devin Smith. Had that great TD catch against Alabama in the CFP last year. Obviously won't have the numbers playing with a run first offense that had so many other weapons, but I wouldn't be mad if the Rams landed him. And normally I don't want OSU players.

Be interested to see what his 40 time is though....shown some speed but seems like a 4.5 guy.

The slant pass that he caught and then took to the house against Michigan St. last year was one of my favorite plays.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I like him but not picking in the teens. He doesn't make the wow play's that some do. It would have benefited him to go to a more pass friendly school. OSU always holds WR and TE back with that offense. I will be anxious to see him at the combine.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Okay everyone knows I'm a big buckeye fan, but I would pass on Thomas. Now that does not mean he won't be a good NFL WR, but he's not a game changer IMHO and although he's listed at 6'3 he does not play that big. IMO, he must have short arms, but rarely do they isolate him on a CB and throw the fade so I question his length and vertical leaping ability as well.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Treadwell is elite IMO

I wouldn't say elite but he's very talented. I think he's looking a lot more explosive this year. Nobody doubts his YAC ability or hands. I've compared him to DeMaryius Thomas in the past. I think it's the closest comparison. Not a perfect one but I think that's the upside he has.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Thomas is the guy who will probably shoot up the boards after the combine when the scouts get a load of what a specimen he is.

I prefer to go off the games and I want this team to add a strong route runner who can catch the effin ball. Boyd's my favorite "fit" WR in this draft for the Rams, and is gonna come out.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
The best WR prospects to me is Leonte Carroo
Carroo is worth that high second I think he's that freaky good and what this team needs - an elite playmaker at that position

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wouldn't say elite but he's very talented. I think he's looking a lot more explosive this year. Nobody doubts his YAC ability or hands. I've compared him to DeMaryius Thomas in the past. I think it's the closest comparison. Not a perfect one but I think that's the upside he has.
What do you think of a Justin Blackmon comp? They just seem to glide out there. I think Treadwell is a good fit for us, I just don't see him being there for us to take unfortunately. Would love to have him.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The best WR prospects to me is Leonte Carroo
Carroo is worth that high second I think he's that freaky good and what this team needs - an elite playmaker at that position
I went through and watched most of Carroo's games I could find. Very nice player.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is it even worth drafting a WR in this offense??

Just draft Zeke Elliot and a few blocking TEs....then cut all QBs and run wildcat every play with him TG, Tre Mason, and Cunningham.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Leonte Carroo

I went through and watched most of Carroo's games I could find. Very nice player.

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/leonte-carroo/

http://draftbreakdown.com/evaluating-rutgers-wr-leonte-carroo/
Evaluating Rutgers WR Leonte Carroo
Written by Joe Marino on January 9, 2016

The NFL produced only seven running backs that topped 1,000 rushing yards in 2016, the lowest total since 1991. On the contrary, 26 wide receivers eclipsed the 1,000 yard receiving mark. The value of having receivers that can create offensive production is at an all-time high in the NFL.

NFL teams in search of finding a young, talented receiver to add to its arsenal of offensive weapons must have Rutgers WR Leonte Carroo on its radar. Selected as the team MVP and offensive MVP as a senior, Carroo put together an outstanding college career that demonstrated consistent growth as a player throughout. That steady progress included a yards per game average that rose from 47.8 in 2013, to 83.5 in 2014 and 101.1 as a senior this past season. Carroo caught 29 touchdown passes over his final three seasons with 10 each in his junior and senior years.

A big play threat, Carroo averaged an outstanding 19.5 yards per catch during his college career. Carroo has an obvious second gear that propels him past his opponent and consistently finds himself behind the secondary. He is a smooth runner and naturally glides with his stride. Adept at tracking the ball down the field, Carroo adjusts his body to the football and excels at extending his arms away from his body to haul in passes. He displays good focus and concentration at the catch point to secure the football even when there is contact.

There is a lot to like about Carroo as a route-runner despite some deficiencies to improve upon. The number one item that standouts out to
Carroo-Mid.jpg
me when evaluating Carroo as a route-runner is his ability to cut and change directions with very minimal throttle down while snapping his head around and bursting in the other direction. He does a terrific job of working his speeds throughout his route to create separation and challenge his opponents ability to mirror during his pattern. Perhaps my favorite aspect of Carroo’s route-running is that he runs every route like he is getting the football with high effort. That type of consistency is rare.

The area that Carroo needs to improve upon regarding route-running is his release out of his stance. Too frequently, Carroo will rock back and have a gather step instead of exploding forward into his release. Physical, press corners at the next level will eat that up and Carroo will never get into his stem. Once Carroo does get into his stem, he shows savvy footwork to work through contact, eat up cushion and get into his breaks. Carroo will also need to show his ability to run a more complex route tree than he was asked to run in college.

My primary concern with Carroo is establishing body positioning on shorter routes which is problematic for him due to his rock back, gather step in his release out of his stance. Despite having excellent quickness, Carroo doesn’t separate as well on short, timing routes as you would anticipate. Carroo’s short arms are also his enemy when needing to body opponents on short routes. This is an area that needs work.

Listed at 6’1” and 215 pounds, Carroo has a stocky, muscular build to compliment his explosive athletic ability. He can pick up yards after the catch because he is decisive to get upfield and has tremendous burst despite not breaking many tackles.

When discussing Carroo, it unfortunately has to be noted that he was arrested and charged with simple assault under domestic violence but was later reinstated to the team. He was also suspended for the first half of the 2015 season opener for violating the team’s curfew. He will have plenty of questions to answer when meeting with NFL teams over the next few months.

Carroo is a player that I fully anticipate having a strong post season leading up to the 2016 NFL Draft at the end of April. His first chance to impress NFL evaluators is in Mobile, Alabama at the 2016 Senior Bowl. Plenty of opportunity will be given to excel in one-on-one’s and show off his hands,athleticism and show progress in the areas I have highlighted. If his play speed matches his timed speed, he will stand out at NFL Scouting Combine and there will be a buzz surrounding his name. All things considered, Carroo will be an intriguing prospect to monitor throughout the scouting process.

Seems like a fine player...I've been looking at suspended Auburn wr Duke Williams...I think he could be a steal.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
http://draftbreakdown.com/players/leonte-carroo/

http://draftbreakdown.com/evaluating-rutgers-wr-leonte-carroo/
Evaluating Rutgers WR Leonte Carroo
Written by Joe Marino on January 9, 2016

The NFL produced only seven running backs that topped 1,000 rushing yards in 2016, the lowest total since 1991. On the contrary, 26 wide receivers eclipsed the 1,000 yard receiving mark. The value of having receivers that can create offensive production is at an all-time high in the NFL.

NFL teams in search of finding a young, talented receiver to add to its arsenal of offensive weapons must have Rutgers WR Leonte Carroo on its radar. Selected as the team MVP and offensive MVP as a senior, Carroo put together an outstanding college career that demonstrated consistent growth as a player throughout. That steady progress included a yards per game average that rose from 47.8 in 2013, to 83.5 in 2014 and 101.1 as a senior this past season. Carroo caught 29 touchdown passes over his final three seasons with 10 each in his junior and senior years.

A big play threat, Carroo averaged an outstanding 19.5 yards per catch during his college career. Carroo has an obvious second gear that propels him past his opponent and consistently finds himself behind the secondary. He is a smooth runner and naturally glides with his stride. Adept at tracking the ball down the field, Carroo adjusts his body to the football and excels at extending his arms away from his body to haul in passes. He displays good focus and concentration at the catch point to secure the football even when there is contact.

There is a lot to like about Carroo as a route-runner despite some deficiencies to improve upon. The number one item that standouts out to
Carroo-Mid.jpg
me when evaluating Carroo as a route-runner is his ability to cut and change directions with very minimal throttle down while snapping his head around and bursting in the other direction. He does a terrific job of working his speeds throughout his route to create separation and challenge his opponents ability to mirror during his pattern. Perhaps my favorite aspect of Carroo’s route-running is that he runs every route like he is getting the football with high effort. That type of consistency is rare.

The area that Carroo needs to improve upon regarding route-running is his release out of his stance. Too frequently, Carroo will rock back and have a gather step instead of exploding forward into his release. Physical, press corners at the next level will eat that up and Carroo will never get into his stem. Once Carroo does get into his stem, he shows savvy footwork to work through contact, eat up cushion and get into his breaks. Carroo will also need to show his ability to run a more complex route tree than he was asked to run in college.

My primary concern with Carroo is establishing body positioning on shorter routes which is problematic for him due to his rock back, gather step in his release out of his stance. Despite having excellent quickness, Carroo doesn’t separate as well on short, timing routes as you would anticipate. Carroo’s short arms are also his enemy when needing to body opponents on short routes. This is an area that needs work.

Listed at 6’1” and 215 pounds, Carroo has a stocky, muscular build to compliment his explosive athletic ability. He can pick up yards after the catch because he is decisive to get upfield and has tremendous burst despite not breaking many tackles.

When discussing Carroo, it unfortunately has to be noted that he was arrested and charged with simple assault under domestic violence but was later reinstated to the team. He was also suspended for the first half of the 2015 season opener for violating the team’s curfew. He will have plenty of questions to answer when meeting with NFL teams over the next few months.

Carroo is a player that I fully anticipate having a strong post season leading up to the 2016 NFL Draft at the end of April. His first chance to impress NFL evaluators is in Mobile, Alabama at the 2016 Senior Bowl. Plenty of opportunity will be given to excel in one-on-one’s and show off his hands,athleticism and show progress in the areas I have highlighted. If his play speed matches his timed speed, he will stand out at NFL Scouting Combine and there will be a buzz surrounding his name. All things considered, Carroo will be an intriguing prospect to monitor throughout the scouting process.

Seems like a fine player...I've been looking at suspended Auburn wr Duke Williams...I think he could be a steal.
Yeah, but what he was suspended for. Don't like players like that on my team. Will be interested on what Caroo runs.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Yeah, but what he was suspended for. Don't like players like that on my team. Will be interested on what Caroo runs.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2015/09/rutgers_leonte_carroo_university_police.html

-9774271f73929611.jpg

Leonte Carroo has been arrested on simple assault under domestic violence, after an altercation following Saturday's game between Rutgers and Washington State. Head coach Kyle Flood has suspended Carroo indefinitely. (Saed Hindash | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com)
Saed Hindash | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

PISCATAWAY — Leonte Carroo was arrested by the Rutgers University Police Department on Saturday and charged with simple assault in a domestic violence incident that occurred outside the Hale Center on Saturday, according to RU police chief Kenneth Cop.

Rutgers police said the investigation is on-going and encouraged anyone with information to the RUPD Investigations Unit at 848-932-8025.

Rutgers police arrived on the scene at the Rutgers football headquarters at 7:56 p.m., according to the RUPD daily crime log. That was 48 minutes after the Scarlet Knights lost a 37-34 decision to Washington State on Saturday night.

Rutgers Kyle Flood: Everything ultimately reflects on youRutgers head coach Kyle Flood knows that everything his players do on and off the field reflects on him as the coach of the team. (Video by Saed Hindash | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com)
Carroo declined comment Monday morning. When reached on his cell phone by a NJ Advance Media reporter, Carroo, 21, said he couldn't make any comments on the situation.

Shortly after Rutgers coachKyle Flood suspended his star wide receiver, NJ Advance Media first reported Sunday that authorities wereinvestigating an altercation that happened outside the Rutgers football team's headquarters on Saturday evening involving a female acquaintance of Carroo and another female, according to two people familiar with the situation.

Carroo is the seventh Rutgers player arrested since Sept. 3. Six other players have been kicked off the team in the past two weeks as the result of arrests. Two players, cornerback Dre Boggs and fullback Lloyd Terry, have been charged in home invasions. The other four players — cornerback Nadir Barnwell, cornerback Ruhann Peele, safety Delon Stephenson and fullback Razohnn Gross — face assault charges.

Although he is suspended from the program indefinitely, Carroo's academic status as a student has not changed, according to a university spokesman. After the arrest of seven students, including five players who were then on the football team, Rutgers announced that they were placed on interim suspension from the university.

Rutgers Kyle Flood addresses Leonte Carroo suspensionRutgers head coach Kyle Flood discusses Leonte Carroo’s suspension. (Video by Saed Hindash | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com)
Carroo was also one of five players suspended for the first half of the season opener for violating curfew.

A spokesman for Rutgers coach Kyle Flood didn't immediately respond to a request for comment from Flood after news surfaced of Carroo's arrest.

Citing an ongoing investigation, Flood has deferred questions about the incident to the authorities.
Pressed on whether an athletic-department employee was involved in the incident outside the stadium, Flood said he couldn't comment "on any of the details of the incident that happened.''

Flood said he doesn't anticipate lifting Carroo's suspension before Saturday's 8 p.m. kickoff at Penn State. He declined to address whether Carroo could ultimately be dismissed from his program.

"I don't anticipate any change in status as of right now,'' Flood said, "and it would be hard for me to answer the (question about Carroo's dismissal) until I had more details just because it's a hypothetical right now.''

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2015/09/rutgers_leonte_carroo_university_police.html

-9774271f73929611.jpg

Leonte Carroo has been arrested on simple assault under domestic violence, after an altercation following Saturday's game between Rutgers and Washington State. Head coach Kyle Flood has suspended Carroo indefinitely. (Saed Hindash | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com)
Saed Hindash | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

PISCATAWAY — Leonte Carroo was arrested by the Rutgers University Police Department on Saturday and charged with simple assault in a domestic violence incident that occurred outside the Hale Center on Saturday, according to RU police chief Kenneth Cop.

Rutgers police said the investigation is on-going and encouraged anyone with information to the RUPD Investigations Unit at 848-932-8025.

Rutgers police arrived on the scene at the Rutgers football headquarters at 7:56 p.m., according to the RUPD daily crime log. That was 48 minutes after the Scarlet Knights lost a 37-34 decision to Washington State on Saturday night.

Rutgers Kyle Flood: Everything ultimately reflects on youRutgers head coach Kyle Flood knows that everything his players do on and off the field reflects on him as the coach of the team. (Video by Saed Hindash | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com)
Carroo declined comment Monday morning. When reached on his cell phone by a NJ Advance Media reporter, Carroo, 21, said he couldn't make any comments on the situation.

Shortly after Rutgers coachKyle Flood suspended his star wide receiver, NJ Advance Media first reported Sunday that authorities wereinvestigating an altercation that happened outside the Rutgers football team's headquarters on Saturday evening involving a female acquaintance of Carroo and another female, according to two people familiar with the situation.

Carroo is the seventh Rutgers player arrested since Sept. 3. Six other players have been kicked off the team in the past two weeks as the result of arrests. Two players, cornerback Dre Boggs and fullback Lloyd Terry, have been charged in home invasions. The other four players — cornerback Nadir Barnwell, cornerback Ruhann Peele, safety Delon Stephenson and fullback Razohnn Gross — face assault charges.

Although he is suspended from the program indefinitely, Carroo's academic status as a student has not changed, according to a university spokesman. After the arrest of seven students, including five players who were then on the football team, Rutgers announced that they were placed on interim suspension from the university.

Rutgers Kyle Flood addresses Leonte Carroo suspensionRutgers head coach Kyle Flood discusses Leonte Carroo’s suspension. (Video by Saed Hindash | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com)
Carroo was also one of five players suspended for the first half of the season opener for violating curfew.

A spokesman for Rutgers coach Kyle Flood didn't immediately respond to a request for comment from Flood after news surfaced of Carroo's arrest.

Citing an ongoing investigation, Flood has deferred questions about the incident to the authorities.
Pressed on whether an athletic-department employee was involved in the incident outside the stadium, Flood said he couldn't comment "on any of the details of the incident that happened.''

Flood said he doesn't anticipate lifting Carroo's suspension before Saturday's 8 p.m. kickoff at Penn State. He declined to address whether Carroo could ultimately be dismissed from his program.

"I don't anticipate any change in status as of right now,'' Flood said, "and it would be hard for me to answer the (question about Carroo's dismissal) until I had more details just because it's a hypothetical right now.''
Duke Williams had assault charges, and another talented WR, don't remember name, has rape charges. Domestic violence, is one that I can't tolerate. Always 2 sides to a story, but...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
C'mon man.... OSU hasn't had a good receiver since Cooks.:whistle:

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wentz
Thomas
Fuller
First three picks and I'll be optimistic about an improved offense