Michael Bennett calls Gurley "average"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
MICHAEL BENNETT CALLS HIMSELF BELOW AVERAGE. Buck up Mikey. Don't be so hard on yourself. Todd Gurley is only going to runover you twice a year.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/28/michael-bennett-unimpressed-by-todd-gurley/

Michael Bennett unimpressed by Todd Gurley
Posted by Josh Alper on December 28, 2015

502652228-e1451315521542.jpg
Getty Images

Rams running back Todd Gurley wasn’t able to reach 100 yards on the ground Sunday, which allowed the Seahawks to run their streak of not allowing a back to run for that many yards to 21 games.

Failing to reach that number didn’t mean Gurley didn’t make an impact, however. Gurley ran 19 times for 85 yards and scored a fourth quarter touchdown that ultimately left the Seahawks with too much ground to make up in what wound up as a 23-17 Rams victory. He also had some good luck as a pair of fumbles before that touchdown were recovered by the Rams.

Those 85 yards leave Gurley as the league’s third-leading rusher, a pretty good spot for a rookie who missed the first two games of the season and played sparingly in the third. That makes Gurley a strong contender for offensive rookie of the year honors, but it doesn’t do anything to impress Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett.

“He’s average to me, personally,” Bennett said, via the Tacoma News-Tribune. “He got a couple of big runs on miscommunication and misalignment, but I mean, I’ve seen better running backs in the NFL. It wasn’t Marshall Faulk to me, or Marshawn Lynch.”

Faulk’s ability as a receiver give him an edge on most backs, but Gurley’s rookie year actually matches up well to what Lynch did for the Bills in 2007 despite Lynch, who played 13 games that year, getting 50 more carries. It’s just one year, of course, but it’s been a better than average one and there’s plenty of reason that things will be even better in 2016 and beyond for the Rams back.
---------
Can’t hate on the NFL’s new beast mode.
This kids got talent.

Patriots fan. ..
--------
Not really surprised by Bennett’s comments. He’s just that kind of guy. I’m sure Brady and Rodgers and Manning didn’t impress him either
-------
Gurley is a beast, Bennett gets exposed, than rants about how players aren’t that good. Fool!
--------
This is the same dude who got a contract, then complained that he wanted more money after signing the contract. Gurley is going to be a stud in the NFL, and he’s already showing it.

Is there any member on the Seahawks outside of Wilson who isn’t a complete turd? My teams sucks right now, but Seattle is just a classless team. And for the new Seattle fans: Bennett is #72.
--------
Bitter much? What a whiner…..
--------
You lost a “home game” to him
--------
Bennett should learn to stop talking when his team loses since it makes him look like a sore loser. Although, it seems Bennett has had one too many hits to the head that he doesn’t seem to think straight.
---------
He’s a rookie who averaged 4.5 per carry and scored against your defense. Oh, and you lost at home. Keep your mouth shut Bennett and do your job.
--------
Considering the Rams are 2-0 against the Seahawks they probably aren’t too impressed by them either. They’re average, nothing special.
--------
Bennett is probably the most irritating player in the NFL and that is saying something. The guy is decent, no doubt, but it’s a matter of the system he’s in and the guys around him than his talent. Sometimes people just need to shut up.
--------
Those Bennett brothers just don’t know when to shut up, everytime they open their mouths you just know it will something dumb. Michael Bennett should worry more about not getting manhandled and flat out dominated by a guy(Greg Robinson) who has been less than impressive this season than worry about Gurley not being Faulk or Lynch.
----------
After that horrible steaming pile the Hawks left on the field yesterday none of them should have anything negative to say except about themselves.
----------
Michael Bennett has to be the angriest and most miserable animal, plant or mineral on the planet.

He finds nothing but himself, his brother Martellus, and (some of) his ‘Hawks teammates to be impressive.

By the way, Mr. Unimpressed played the whole game on defense and special teams — and came with one whole tackle, zero sacks, zero forced fumbles, zero fumble recoveries, zero everything else.

An alternative headline for this article could have been, “The Invisible Man is Unimpressed by Possible NFC Rookie of the Year”.
---------
Rams unimpressed with Seahawks.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
The more I think about this the more I think Bennett is a complete and total f*ckstick. He is about as classless a player you will ever see. But then, there are a bunch of them on that team, which is just another reason why I really and truly hate the seaturds. They think they are the best in the NFL and right now they're just "AVERAGE!" I will be laughing after watching the seaturds end their season after losing three straight! Suck it Bennett, you're a complete loser!
finger.gif

Big Willie

Starter
Funny how some players talk shit when they win, talk shit when they lose, then cry like babies when they get cut. Give me guys like Watt, Mannings, and Gurley who simply do their jobs, get mad endorsements and smile on their way to the bank! Dollar, dollar bills ya'll.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/12/27/seahawks-michael-bennett-rams-todd-gurley-average-quote

Well guess what, that "average" running back just ran roughshod in the 4th quarter and made your Pro Bowl safety his bitch.

I haven't been a Rams fan for very long but it seems like Bennett talks more crap before/after every Rams game than anyone. You think he'd keep his mouth shut after going 0-2 against them this year.
Someone should ask him about all the penalties he had in the game!!
Gurrleys stats in 12 starts this year speak for themselves!!
* 229 rushes
* 1108 Yards
*4.8 average
* 10 TD's
* 21 Rec.
* 188 Yards
* 5 Games w/100+ Yards
* ONLY One Lost Fumble
and this is in only 11 Starts!!

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I REALLY wish people would watch the fucking games. Gurley did not have two god damn fumbles. One was Cunningham. I know it sounds like I'm making a big deal out of it. But it's just so fucking annoying that sports writers can't get stats correct.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Bennett thinks Gurley is average, then he knows nothing about football. The truth is that Bennett is a sore loser. Period. Gurley = class. Bennett = loser.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is there any member on the Seahawks outside of Wilson who isn’t a complete turd? My teams sucks right now, but Seattle is just a classless team. And for the new Seattle fans: Bennett is #72.

haha, zzzzzzzzzzzing!!!!