Memphis Rams Mock Offseason 2.0 (Pre-Senior Bowl)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
FREE AGENCY

SALARY CAP CUTS OR TRADES (PREFERABLY)

JOE NOTEBOOM (Open to keeping with significant pay cut)
BRIAN ALLEN

RESTRICTED FREE AGENT TENDERS
MIKE HOECHT, DE
ALARIC JACKSON, OL (1st Round)
JONAH WILLIAMS, DE

RE-SIGN
KEVIN DOTSON, OG
COLEMAN SHELTON, C
CARSON WENTZ, QB

INCOMING SIGNINGS
DANIELLE HUNTER, EDGE, VIKINGS

Danielle Hunter's Top Plays | 2023 Regular Season (youtube.com)

JOSH JONES, OT, TEXANS (to serve as backup if Noteboom doesn't take significant pay cut)
Josh Jones NFL DRAFT 2020 72nd Pick 3rd Round - YouTube

BLAKE CASHMAN, LB, Texans
Blake Cashman: My Story. My Game. (youtube.com)

MOCK DRAFT

1. Terrion Arnold, CB, Alabama 5116, 196

Terrion Arnold 2023 Full Season Highlights | Alabama DB | 2024 NFL Draft Prospect (youtube.com)

PHYSICAL redshirt sophomore with big upside. Arnold has experience outside and in the slot and doesn’t make business decisions when tackling.

2. Tyler Nubin S, Minnesota 6015, 210

Ball Hawk || Minnesota Safety Tyler Nubin Highlights ᴴᴰ (youtube.com)

How long has it been that the Rams had a physical ball hawk at safety? Nubin followed Antonio Winfield Jr. at the Minnesota Golden Gophers to become a physical ball hawk who finished with 13 INTS and 11 passes defense.

TRADE:
Rams trade both 3rd rounders to the Chicago Bears for their 3rd (#75) and 4th (#123) round selections.

3. Brenden Rice, WR, USC 6026, 216 (from Bears in proposed trade)

Brenden Rice Highlights (youtube.com)

Bloodlines. A member of Bruce Feldman’s “Freak List”, the Rams move up to nab the son of Jerry Rice to fil the role of UFA Denard Robinson.

4. Spencer Rattler, QB, South Carolina 6002, 217 (from Bears in proposed trade)
Spencer Rattler 2023 Full Season Highlights | South Carolina QB | 2024 NFL Draft Prospect (youtube.com)

Time to pick up a potential back up who has the tools and potential to actually replace Stafford in time. Hopefully, he can sit behind Stafford for a couple seasons and be ready to go thereafter.

5. Brandon Fiske, DL, Florida State 6042, 297
Braden Fiske 2023 Regular Season Highlights | Florida State DL (youtube.com)

This high motor Western Michigan transfer put on a show during his final game vs. Louisville. Rams get younger and upgrade DLine depth.

5. Kamal Hadden, CB, Tennessee 6011, 197 (from Steelers)
Kamal Hadden Tennessee CB Highlights ᴴᴰ (youtube.com)

Snead triple dips for secondary help. Prior to a season ending shoulder surgery, this redshirt senior was perhaps one of the best CBs in the SEC this year with 7 passes defensed and 3 interceptions.

5. Kiran Amegadjie, OT, Yale 6’6” 318 (compensatory)
Kiran Amegadjie Draft Profile I 2024 NFL Draft Scouting Report & Analysis (youtube.com)

Rams take a shot at an IVY league prospect who appears to be highly thought of in draft media circles. Some have him going higher, but I question this with him playing only one full season at LT prior to only playing in 4 games this past season due to injury.

6. Ray Davis, RB, Kentucky 5086, 216 (compensatory)
Ray Davis Top RB in College Football ᴴᴰ - YouTube

Rams pick up a stud RB who probably will still be on the board because he’ll turn 25 during his rookie season.

6. Solomon Byrd, EDGE, USC 6027, 251 (compensatory)
#51 Solomon Byrd #viralvideo #nfl #collegefootball #usc #nfldraft2024 (youtube.com)

Per USC FanNation “From 2022 to 2023, Byrd recorded 77 total tackles, 18.5 tackles for loss, ten sacks, two passes defended, four fumble recoveries, and five forced fumbles.” Transfer from Wyoming.

6. Brevyn Spann-Ford, TE, Minnesota 6071, 270 (compensatory)
Brevyn Spann-Ford Minnesota Highlights (youtube.com)

With Hopkins gone via free agency and Long’s inability to stay healthy the Rams take a flier on this giant.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Love this draft, but there’s no way Amegadjie falls to the fifth. He’s highly thought of in league circles.

Memphis Ram

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Love this draft, but there’s no way Amegadjie falls to the fifth. He’s highly thought of in league circles.
I've seen that via media draftniks.

But it's still hard for me to believe a kid who has only played one season at guard and a season and 4 games at LT against no competition, had surgery for a torn quad in October, who won't be able to participate in the Senior Bowl and maybe not even workout at the combine is going to go much higher. Especially, in a deep OT draft class.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
FREE AGENCY

SALARY CAP CUTS OR TRADES (PREFERABLY)

JOE NOTEBOOM (Open to keeping with significant pay cut)
BRIAN ALLEN

RESTRICTED FREE AGENT TENDERS
MIKE HOECHT, DE
ALARIC JACKSON, OL (1st Round)
JONAH WILLIAMS, DE

RE-SIGN
KEVIN DOTSON, OG
COLEMAN SHELTON, C
CARSON WENTZ, QB

INCOMING SIGNINGS
DANIELLE HUNTER, EDGE, VIKINGS

Danielle Hunter's Top Plays | 2023 Regular Season (youtube.com)

JOSH JONES, OT, TEXANS (to serve as backup if Noteboom doesn't take significant pay cut)
Josh Jones NFL DRAFT 2020 72nd Pick 3rd Round - YouTube

BLAKE CASHMAN, LB, Texans
Blake Cashman: My Story. My Game. (youtube.com)

MOCK DRAFT

1. Terrion Arnold, CB, Alabama 5116, 196

Terrion Arnold 2023 Full Season Highlights | Alabama DB | 2024 NFL Draft Prospect (youtube.com)

PHYSICAL redshirt sophomore with big upside. Arnold has experience outside and in the slot and doesn’t make business decisions when tackling.

2. Tyler Nubin S, Minnesota 6015, 210

Ball Hawk || Minnesota Safety Tyler Nubin Highlights ᴴᴰ (youtube.com)

How long has it been that the Rams had a physical ball hawk at safety? Nubin followed Antonio Winfield Jr. at the Minnesota Golden Gophers to become a physical ball hawk who finished with 13 INTS and 11 passes defense.

TRADE:
Rams trade both 3rd rounders to the Chicago Bears for their 3rd (#75) and 4th (#123) round selections.

3. Brenden Rice, WR, USC 6026, 216 (from Bears in proposed trade)

Brenden Rice Highlights (youtube.com)

Bloodlines. A member of Bruce Feldman’s “Freak List”, the Rams move up to nab the son of Jerry Rice to fil the role of UFA Denard Robinson.

4. Spencer Rattler, QB, South Carolina 6002, 217 (from Bears in proposed trade)
Spencer Rattler 2023 Full Season Highlights | South Carolina QB | 2024 NFL Draft Prospect (youtube.com)

Time to pick up a potential back up who has the tools and potential to actually replace Stafford in time. Hopefully, he can sit behind Stafford for a couple seasons and be ready to go thereafter.

5. Brandon Fiske, DL, Florida State 6042, 297
Braden Fiske 2023 Regular Season Highlights | Florida State DL (youtube.com)

This high motor Western Michigan transfer put on a show during his final game vs. Louisville. Rams get younger and upgrade DLine depth.

5. Kamal Hadden, CB, Tennessee 6011, 197 (from Steelers)
Kamal Hadden Tennessee CB Highlights ᴴᴰ (youtube.com)

Snead triple dips for secondary help. Prior to a season ending shoulder surgery, this redshirt senior was perhaps one of the best CBs in the SEC this year with 7 passes defensed and 3 interceptions.

5. Kiran Amegadjie, OT, Yale 6’6” 318 (compensatory)
Kiran Amegadjie Draft Profile I 2024 NFL Draft Scouting Report & Analysis (youtube.com)

Rams take a shot at an IVY league prospect who appears to be highly thought of in draft media circles. Some have him going higher, but I question this with him playing only one full season at LT prior to only playing in 4 games this past season due to injury.

6. Ray Davis, RB, Kentucky 5086, 216 (compensatory)
Ray Davis Top RB in College Football ᴴᴰ - YouTube

Rams pick up a stud RB who probably will still be on the board because he’ll turn 25 during his rookie season.

6. Solomon Byrd, EDGE, USC 6027, 251 (compensatory)
#51 Solomon Byrd #viralvideo #nfl #collegefootball #usc #nfldraft2024 (youtube.com)

Per USC FanNation “From 2022 to 2023, Byrd recorded 77 total tackles, 18.5 tackles for loss, ten sacks, two passes defended, four fumble recoveries, and five forced fumbles.” Transfer from Wyoming.

6. Brevyn Spann-Ford, TE, Minnesota 6071, 270 (compensatory)
Brevyn Spann-Ford Minnesota Highlights (youtube.com)

With Hopkins gone via free agency and Long’s inability to stay healthy the Rams take a flier on this giant.
That would be an A+ draft imo.

methomas50

UDFA
So I went and watched what I could on this player. I see size and tools. He looks like he needs a fair amount of coaching up. Would like to see him against power 5 school players. Not sure when he reaches his potential if he is more RT? All star games and the combine will be telling for him.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Really like your day 3 picks.
I’m gonna be putting together a mock and you’re gonna recognize a couple names I pinch from yours.

Hadden could drop far enough for the Rams to grab him late because he hurt his shoulder last season, but he could be great depth and STs at the very least—an upgrade over Tomlinson. I think he’ll be more than that, though. He’d actually see the field.

Ray Davis is another good player who would at least provide depth on STs, but he could very well end up being a #2 back with his power.

I wouldn’t count on the Rams drafting a Safety in the 2nd round; but you never know, they have changed gears in their approach and the secondary needs a star back there.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I wouldn’t count on the Rams drafting a Safety in the 2nd round; but you never know, they have changed gears in their approach and the secondary needs a star back there.

When I did this mock, I was banking on Dennard Wilson getting the DC spot and shaking things up. Oh well.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Really like your day 3 picks.
I’m gonna be putting together a mock and you’re gonna recognize a couple names I pinch from yours.

Hadden could drop far enough for the Rams to grab him late because he hurt his shoulder last season, but he could be great depth and STs at the very least—an upgrade over Tomlinson. I think he’ll be more than that, though. He’d actually see the field.

Ray Davis is another good player who would at least provide depth on STs, but he could very well end up being a #2 back with his power.

Taylor Rapp was a second round pick.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I'm a fan of this offseason, especially the Hunter signing. I haven't been able to do a deep dive on the CB class yet and there appears to be about 4 that could be the #1 in the class. Arnold does appear to be the most well rounded of the group, with probably the best run support of the lot. Very nice write up!

Memphis Ram

Legend
Outside of the top 3, he's the QB I want
I fear he'll jump up draft boards
He'd be my choice on day three of the draft if available.
But in the end, I rather they just re-sign Wentz or maybe even swing a trade for Sam Howell.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
He'd be my choice on day three of the draft if available.
But in the end, I rather they just re-sign Wentz or maybe even swing a trade for Sam Howell.

Would you be interested in gardner minshew?
He’s a proven “bridge QB.”
IMO.

Wentz might not be interested in a backup role. Might. Then again, maybe he’ll accept his new role as a backup, especially if he sees a shot at a ring.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Would you be interested in gardner minshew?
He’s a proven “bridge QB.”
IMO.

Wentz might not be interested in a backup role. Might. Then again, maybe he’ll accept his new role as a backup, especially if he sees a shot at a ring.
He'd be an option. But I prefer Wentz if he can't get a starting chance elsewhere.