Memories of 2015: A New Year's Offseason (With Jared Goff).

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Hey, might as well post another draft here. So...ready or not, here I come~

Cut

Jared Cook
Nick Foles
Chris Long
James Laurinaitis.
Rodger Saffold
Trey Watts
Kenny Britt

(All moves that make sense. Watts is suspended for an entire season. No sense in keeping him. The others are cap casualties. Laurinaitis has been atrocious this year, as has Long. They are amazing leaders and people, but it's time to let them go. Cook and Saffold make way too much for what they provide. Foles is just...ugh. It was a mistake to extend him. Losing Britt stinks, but it's the only way to manage the cap.)

Re-sign

Trumaine Johnson - five years.
Janoris Jenkins - five years.
Mark Barron (LB) - four years.
Rodney McLeod - three years.
William Hayes - two years.
Cory Harkey - two years.
Tim Barnes - two years.
Case Keenum - RFA.
Benny Cunningham - RFA.
Daren Bates - RFA.
Cody Davis - RFA.

(RFAs are obvious. I've changed my mind on McLeod; he deserves that opportunity to start. Tru and Janoris should be locking down the secondary along with McLeod. I'd move Barron to linebacker and re-sign him. If Carolina can start mostly light linebackers and be a top ranked defense, I don't see why we can't do the same. Hayes deserves to stay. Harkey is the the most underrated part of our offense. Barnes should be re-signed for continuity. Keenum should be given the backup job.)

Not re-signed

Eugene Sims
Nick Fairley
Greg Zuerlein
Brian Quick
Chase Reynolds
Brian Folkerts
Eric Kush

(Sims is the only one I regret letting go, but he'll ask for too much. Fairley is talented, but an expensive third tackle, Zuerlein is horribly inconsistent, Quick is damaged goods, Folkerts and Kush are backups to the backups when we're at full strength, and Reynolds is purely special teams.)

Free Agency

Coby Fleener - five years, seven million per year.
Rishard Matthews - four years, five million per year.
Vinny Curry - four years, five million per year.
Akeim Hicks - two years, 3.5 million per year.

(Fleener provides a big target in the mold of Greg Olsen for our quarterback, and Matthews can do the same as well. Curry competes with Hayes for the left end spot. Hicks provides a body behind Donald and Brockers.)

Trade

Rams third round pick to Pittsburgh Steelers for Markus Wheaton.

(@jrry32 isn't the only person who likes Wheaton. Could be an answer to our wide receiving corps, along with Matthews and Austin.

#18 overall, 2016 second (Eagles), 2017 first, and 2018 first to Tennessee Titans for #1 overall pick.

(Leapfrog everyone to get our franchise quarterback. It's time to take a chance and fix the most important position on the field.)

Draft

#1 overall - Jared Goff, QB, California.

2nd round - De'Runnya Wilson, WR, Mississippi State.

4th round - Scooby Wright III, LB, Arizona.

6th round - Brad Craddock, K, Maryland.

(Jared Goff is the quarterback of the future, and it keeps him out of San Fran's hands. De'Runnya Wilso is a lot like Kelvin Benjamin with his size and speed. Scooby Wright is an eventual starter. Craddoc is Zuerlein's replacement.)

Thoughts are more than welcome.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, you know my opinion. We get Goff so I'm happy. Wheaton is just icing on the cake.

Stel

Starter
You make that happen and I'll jump up and down cheering. And I'll put you up for sainthood.

If Wright is healthy, don't think he'll last until our 4th round pick. If he is gone, Blake Martinez of Stanford would fit into your plan.