Memento's Very Early Why Didn't We Make Any Fucking Trades at the Deadline 2023 Offseason.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Welp, I've decided to make an offseason, now that there's no trade in the deadlines. Here's hoping this is good:

Coaching Changes:

Raheem Morris hired by the Carolina Panthers as their head coach.

(It just makes all the sense in the world. The Panthers obviously want to keep Burns, Brown, and Horn as options, but the rest of the defense has been pathetic and has not lived up to enormous expectations. And they probably want a veteran coach with head coaching experience who can guide a young team that will get even younger as the offseason progresses. Morris just fills every box.)

Eric Henderson promoted to defensive coordinator.

(Also makes sense. Henderson has done a fantastic job on the defensive line and has coaxed a ton out of Gaines, A-Rob, and many others over a long period of time. He more than deserves a promotion.)

Player Position Change:

Ben Skowronek - WR/TE

(Skow has always fit more at H-back than anything else. He's being used in the running game as a blocker. Tell him to bulk up, become a tight end, make it official.)

Practice Squad Players Brought Back:

Jacob Harris
Earnest Brown IV
Roger Carter
Ronnie Rivers
Kier Thomas
Brayden Thomas
Max Pircher
A.J. Arcuri
Chandler Brewer

(Harris has to be brought back. I do not want to give up on him, and I bet that he could still get an opportunity here. Brown IV is for the same reason; I want to see what he can do. Carter is a true H-back. The Thomases are key outside linebackers, Rivers has run well, and Pircher, Arcuri, and Brewer are solid offensive linemen. There's others out there, but honestly, if we bring back Harris, Pircher, and Kier Thomas, that'll make me a very happy gal.)

Re-sign:

Greg Gaines - five years, 35 million total.
Matt Gay - four years, 14 million total.
Riley Dixon - one year, 2.5 million.
Matt Orzech - one year, 2 million.
Marquise Copeland - ERFA
John Wolford - RFA
Christian Rozeboom - ERFA
Travin Howard - ERFA
Kendall Blanton - RFA
Michael Hoecht - ERFA
Bryce Perkins - ERFA
Shaun Jolly - ERFA

(Greg Gaines absolutely has to be re-signed. He's a twenty-five-year-old stud who needs to be on this defensive line long after AD has retired. Gay has been as close to automatic as it gets, and I'd rather keep the special teams battery in Dixon and Orzech - albeit with competition. The rest of them are restricted free agent or exclusive rights free agents who deserve another shot to see how they do (although two will be dealt as a warning.)

Release:

A'Shawn Robinson
David Edwards
Nick Scott
Taylor Rapp
Troy Hill
Darrell Henderson
David Long
Grant Haley
Justin Hollins
Brandon Powell
Ty Nsekhe
Matt Skura
Malcolm Brown
Jake Gervase
Bobby "He Absolutely Needs to Fucking Go, I'm Fucking Done With Him" Evans

(Robinson will get an enormous contract that we will have no way of matching, so he's gone. We don't pay safeties big money (as proven by JJ3), so Scott and Rapp are gone. Edwards could be re-signed, but I wouldn't go further than two years for him, and I have to imagine that he'll get a longer term somewhere than that. Hill is over the hill, while Long has been phased out by Ramsey, Kendrick, Durant and - hopefully, maybe - Rochell. Henderson is probably going to go for a big contract. Haley hit IR, and we have a guy in Jolly who is very much similar to him. Powell is going to command more money as a returner/gadget player than we will pay. Nsekhe and Skura are stopgap offensive linemen, while Brown is a stopgap running back; none of those three are worth bringing back. Hollins has been awful this year, but he'll still probably get paid more than we will offer (i.e., Okoronkwo money). Bobby Evans can - to quote the illustrious Ari Gold - get - the fuck - OUT. I've seen enough.)

Free Agency:

Michael Jordan (OG) - three years, twelve million total (six million first year).

Devin Singletary (RB) - two years, ten million.

(Jordan is a very young offensive guard (twenty-five next January) who started nineteen games in Cincinnati before being cut in 2021 and picked up by Carolina. He's 6'6", 315 lbs. and probably will be one of the bigger bargains of the 2023 free agency period; he reminds me a lot of David Edwards, except healthy. This will be a loaded running back free agent period with Saquon Barkley, Tony Pollard, Kareem Hunt, Josh Jacobs, Miles Sanders, Devin Singletary, and David Montgomery, amongst others. Singletary is someone I loved in the draft process as a small, yet stocky back who can catch out of the backfield. I think he could be a solid addition to our running back group, have Kyren Williams and two draft picks (yes, Akers WILL be dealt in this mock, and I don't have much faith in Rivers) learn from him.)

Trades (yes, there will be a lot of them):

Bobby Wagner to the Dallas Cowboys for 2023 second round pick and 2023 fourth round pick.

(First off, a controversial trade. Yes, I know we just signed him, but Wagner's clearly lost a step or two. He's not the player Fisher and Snead wanted in 2012, and the Seahags were right to get rid of him. But he's still more talented than the oft-injured Leighton Vander Esch, and the Cowboys need linebacker help. In addition, Wagner would likely waive whatever trade clause he may have to be on a contender - which we really aren't.)

Cam Akers, 2024 fifth, and 2025 conditional sixth to the New York Giants for 2023 fourth round pick.

(The Giants might decide to bite on Akers if they lose Saquon Barkley, but even if they don't, they lack depth behind him in case of injury, and may want to have a change-of-scenery option for Akers. I say? Good riddance.)

Van Jefferson to the Houston Texans for 2023 third round pick.

(Yeah, Cooks is gonna get traded (not to us), so the Texans have Nico Collins and nothing else of note at receiver. Van still has the rest of the year to prove himself, but I don't have much faith that he'll ever be the player we expected him to be.)

Chatarius Atwell to the Baltimore Ravens for 2023 fifth round pick.

(Yeah, I'm done with Atwell. Time to cut bait. I think Baltimore would bite, given their lack of a deep threat (they have Tylan Wallace in that role right now, but they need more to compete with the loaded AFC.)

Tyler Higbee to the Indianapolis Colts for 2023 second round pick.

(Jim Irsay runs this team, and the Colts lack weapons necessary for their quarterback, whomever he may be. I see Higbee being traded for a high pick.)

Leonard Floyd to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for 2023 third round pick and 2024 sixth round pick.)

(Tampa Bay is in full win-now mode, and with Shaquil Barrett injured with an Achilles (a notoriously hard injury to come back from), Floyd will be attractive to Tampa Bay as an option.)

Coleman Shelton to the las Vegas Raiders for 2023 fifth round pick.

(Shelton is probably going to be replaced by Bruss and draft picks, so he'll be dealt to Las Vegas, who has issues with their offensive line (an undrafted rookie, Andre James, while he's been good, is a free agent after this year, and he'll be a popular target by many teams.)

Terrell Burgess to the Buffalo Bills for 2024 conditional seventh round pick.

(Burgess hasn't proven much, but Buffalo has two aging safeties, and one is currently injured. I think Burgess for a seventh - which could be more if Burgess has a good year - would be an interesting trade.)

Terrell Lewis to the Atlanta Falcons for 2024 conditional seventh round pick.

(Lewis hasn't proven much more than Burgess, but the Falcons are in desperate need of outside linebacker help, and a seventh - that could turn into more if Lewis has a good year - wouldn't be much to part with.)

Travin Howard to the Washington Comm - anders for 2024 conditional seventh round pick.

(With Ernest Jones and a rookie inside linebacker starting, and Rozeboom and Jake Hummel as backups, Howard simply doesn't have a spot on this team. Yes, you sign him as an ERFA, but also make sure he has a team to go to in order to start. Washington seems as good a place as any; while they have a solid young middle linebacker in Cole Holcomb, Howard could easily start outside as a weakside linebacker - something that Washington lacks. In return, we get a potentially good late round pick that could become a fifth if Howard re-signs.)

Brycen Hopkins and 2024 seventh round pick to the Detroit Lions for 2023 sixth round pick.

(With Skowronek and a couple new tight ends, Hopkins and his coked up, baby-sea-otter-soft ass can get the hell off my team. Getting a sixth round pick is a bonus. Holmes may want to see if he can squeeze anything out of Hopkins, seeing as he scouted him, but honestly, I'm not expecting much.)

Bryce Perkins to the New Orleans Saints for 2024 conditional seventh round pick.

(Yeah, I think it's time we traded Perkins. I do have an idea of what I'm going to do. The Saints only have Jameis Winston and Andy Dalton (no, I don't count Taysom Hill), and no first round pick. Perkins, I feel, could easily earn a spot there.)

Rams 3rd round pick (ours, Morris comp) to the Kansas City Chiefs for 2023 fourth round pick (theirs) and 2023 fourth round pick (Dolphins).

(The Chiefs move up to snag a falling defensive end, while we get a couple of fourths.)

2023 sixth round pick (Packers), 2023 sixth round pick (ours), 2023 sixth round pick (Titans), and 2023 seventh round pick (ours) to the Miami Dolphins for 2023 fifth round pick.

(The Dolphins lack a lot of picks thanks to their Brady scandal. We'll give them a lot more picks in exchange for a fifth.)

Draft:

2nd (ours) - Felix Anudike-Uzomah, EDGE, Kansas State. (6'4", 255 lbs.)

(Anudike-Uzomah has the tools you dream about in an edge rusher. He's fast, bendy, strong, all of which are excellent qualities. Winner of the Co-DPOTY in the Big 12, he wins so many battles against offensive linemen with his pure athletic traits. But he needs work on the technical side of things; he often struggles if his initial attempts are beaten, as he lacks a proper counter move. I feel this is something he'll learn in time and in practice. What concerns me with Anudike-Uzomah is gap integrity; he'll often forget it, and that's something that'll have to be coached out. But I love this kid's potential; he could be a lot like what Robert Quinn was for us.)

2nd (Colts) - Marvin Mims, WR, Oklahoma. (5'11", 184 lbs.)

(Mims will likely fall to the second round; there's too many elite receivers ahead of him that boast better measurables. But Mims just wins on the deep and intermediate routes constantly. He's what Van Jefferson and Chatarius Atwell could've been, and while his routes need improvement overall, he has the ability to not only learn them, but be amazing at it. He's got solid hands; you're not going to see him drop passes, and he's a very tough blocker who will fit on this team. He is quite small-framed, and there are concerns if he'll constantly win battles against press-man. He might fit better in the slot as well, but he has the potential to fit out wide. All in all, Mims is the solution for our problems. He's tough enough to do run blocking, he rarely drops passes, he has all the potential in the world to be a fantastic route runner, and he constantly wins in the intermediate and deep routes run.

2nd (Cowboys) - Sean Tucker, RB, Syracuse. (5'10", 205 lbs.)

(Tucker has quickly become my favorite running back (especially since Bijan Robinson and Jahmyr Gibbs look like they're going in the first round.). He's shifty, has extremely good vision, and when he takes off and runs, nobody's catching him. You guys will probably like his ball security; he's rarely ever fumbled at Syracuse, despite his heavy workload. Tucker has incredible contact balance, goes straight to the hole without hesitation and his legs constantly keep churning. He needs improvement in the passing game, but I have no doubt that he'll be able to learn; he has all the traits necessary. I wouldn't put him anywhere near pass-protection; he's simply not big or physical enough for that. But I seriously love this kid, and I consider him the third best running back in this class.)

3rd (Texans) - Anthony Richardson, QB, Florida. (6'4", 234 lbs.)

(Call me crazy for drafting a quarterback when I've already signed Wolford for another year (even though I did deal Perkins). Call me crazy for drafting a quarterback so high. Call me crazy all you want, but this kid, if taught correctly, could become for us what Patrick Mahomes is for the Chiefs. Richardson is super-raw, sushi-raw, but his athletic traits (he's been known to outrun DBs for touchdowns) and his arm (has been tracked at 75 yards through the air), in addition to being able to fit balls through tight windows make him a moldable ball of clay. He'll need to learn touch on his passes, he'll need to learn to arc the deep ball instead of on a frozen rope, but seriously, I've fallen in love with this kid after his tape, and I think he could be the successor to Stafford after a few years. Yeah, call me crazy. Stafford, in my opinion, isn't going to last with all of the hits he's taking from our offensive O-line. Wolford is an injury magnet. While if Stafford goes down, we're probably screwed, Richardson could probably win you a few games as it is.)

3rd (Buccaneers) - Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, OC/OG, Georgia. (6'4", 310 lbs.)

(Van Pran-Granger is only a redshirt-sophomore, but he's quickly rising after his performance as a redshirt freshman in Georgia's season. He was dominant as a center with his athleticism, but his IQ is what sold me on him. He was so intelligent as a freshman, able to make the line calls for Georgia. His motor is constant; he's constantly looking for help, constantly battling to the whistle. But he's struggled with defenders with longer arms, though; he's got short arms, and will likely be stuck at center. He needs a redshirt year to bulk up and get stronger, but he could be our Creed Humphrey, and SVPG is one of my favorite offensive lineman in this draft class.)

3rd (ours) - JL Skinner, SAF, Boise State. (6'4", 220 lbs.)

(The closest prospect to Kam Chancellor since Kam Chancellor, Skinner is one of the heaviest hitters as a big safety that I've ever seen. He knows when to time his tackle as well, jarring the ball loose from the receiver. He's remarkably intelligent as well; he could be a leader in the defensive backfield. However, he's not the right player for a big nickel; quicker slot receivers would eat him alive. He's not really a press-man safety either; I'd rather see him in zone in a two-high coverage, but ultimately? I just don't want the Hags to get him.)

4th (Chiefs) -Calijah Kancey, DT, Pittsburgh. (6'0", 280 lbs.)

(Another Pitt DT who is undersized, yet explosive. Sound familiar? Kancey is basically a poor man's AD, at the moment, as he isn't as strong or explosive as the man himself, but manages to get insane penetration on the defensive line, whether it's against the run or pass. The other thing that separates him is that he's very, very raw. He doesn't have many pass-rushing moves or counters, which is something that he could learn in the NFL. Ultimately, he could go a lot higher than this.)

4th (Chiefs from Dolphins) - Javon Foster, OT/OG, Missouri. (6'5", 320 lbs.)

(Foster is a solid left tackle prospect who could probably also play guard at the next level. He's powerful, has heavy hands, and outstanding length - all of which could help him in at tackle and guard alike. However, his foot quickness isn't even adequate; it could be a real issue if defensive lineman go inside with a move. He's also not great with speed on the edge, and his technique, while adequate, needs a lot more work. Ultimately, though, he could be a fantastic lineman for us, and I'm not saying that because he's from Mizzou (although I love that he is); I think Foster could be solid for us.)

4th (Giants) - Siaki Ika, NT, Baylor. (6'4", 358 lbs.)

(Siaki Ika is a big man. He's a lot like Danny Shelton in that he's a bigger nose tackle who fits more as a penetrator than a traditional nose tackle. He's surprisingly quick out of his stance, and if he's up against someone who can't anchor against him, he's going to feast. He really struggles to hold double teams against the run, nor does he really split them in the passing game, which is weird for a man his size to struggle with it so much. I don't know if he's a good enough pass-rusher or if he's conditioned enough for the NFL, though. He's never really been put in third down situations at Baylor, which is why I think he'll fall to the fourth round; two down nose tackles are a dime a dozen. Still, I think it's worth a shot with Ika; maybe you'll get a young Vince Wilfork.)

4th (Cowboys) - Habakkuk Baldonado, EDGE, Pittsburgh. (6'5", 260 lbs.)

(Baldonado is an interesting prospect who only played one season of high school football, as he was born in Rome, Italy. He's very raw as a result; while he has active hands and wins more often than not against the run, he's a total work in progress in terms of how his upper and lower halves measure up, and he needs to become a lot more fluid and understand exactly what sort of plan he's coming up with against offensive linemen. Overall, I think this second Pitt rusher will need time, probably a redshirt year or two, but he could be a very good run-defender who can get a lot of sacks and pressures.)

5th (Raiders via Falcons) - Justin Flowe, ILB, Oregon. (6'3", 220 lbs.)

(Flowe was once the best high-school linebacker, the number six prospect in the nation and a consensus five star recruit. After a meniscus tear in his freshman year, and a foot injury after the Fresno State game in his sophomore year - a game where he had fourteen tackles - one for a loss - and a forced fumble to seal the victory - Flowe fell off the radar for a bit. But his talent, instincts, and intangibles make him well worth an early fifth round pick. Flowe is big, fast, smart, everything you want in an inside linebacker.)

5th (Dolphins) - Miyan Williams, RB, Ohio State. (5'9", 225 lbs.)

(Williams is a bowling ball with serious speed. Tacklers seem to bounce off of him. There were other, more highly-regarded running backs at Ohio State (Williams was a three star recruit), but Williams won the starting job over all of them, capping it off with a five-touchdown day against Rutgers. He's struggled a bit on third down; I don't think he'll ever be a great pass-catcher, but a pass-protector with occasional screens seems doable. I'd love to see him on the Rams in a C.J. Anderson like role.)

5th (Ravens) - Cooper Beebe, OG, Kansas State. (6'4", 322 lbs.)

(Beebe starts as K-State's left tackle, but he'll be a guard at the next level, and a damned good one, at that. He's got a hell of a mean streak, very temperamental in the run game. He'll struggle at the second level, but he's honestly a lot quicker than his size would indicate, so I think that it's fixable. Overall, he seems like the type of player who would definitely fit this team.)

5th (Darious Williams comp) - Tucker Kraft, TE, South Dakota State. (6'5", 255 lbs.)

(Kraft operates under a run-first offense, and he's a fantastic blocker for a tight end prospect; he's willing, he's able, and he's just solid in terms of fundamentals. But I feel - much like @jrry32 felt with George Kittle - that Kraft could offer a hell of a lot more. He needs to clean up his routes, needs to make more of the difficult catches, but he has the wide frame, the sneaky-good athleticism, and the instincts to really be a solid pass catcher. And even if he doesn't turn into that, he's still arguably a number one tight end in our system with his ability to block.)

5th (Austin Corbett comp) - Tyler Harrell, WR, Alabama. (6'0", 190 lbs.)

(Harrell is a fucking speed demon. There's rumors that he's run a 4.19 forty and a 1.41 ten yard split - the former of which would easily break the Combine record. He's got the ability to be a hell of a route runner himself; he's really only been used on nine routes and the like, but he's got the talent. He could easily be our Tyreek Hill with his sheer athleticism, and the ability to actually high-point balls that are normally 50-50. The problem with Harrell is that he's barely played. He didn't have many snaps at Louisville, despite his talent, and after he transferred to the Crimson Tide, a foot injury knocked him out for most of the season, although I think he's healthy now. Ultimately, I think he goes a little higher if he can remain healthy and active, but I think we could get a steal in Harrell.)

6th (Lions) - Ronnie Hickman, SAF, Ohio State. (6'1", 207 lbs.)

(Hickman is another Ohio State safety in a school that seems to churn them out. He's a lot like a mix between Taylor Rapp and Jordan Fuller - strengths and weaknesses alike. Like Rapp, Hickman is a sure tackler, a solid box defender who can sift through traffic and make the tackle at his best. Like Fuller, he's solid in coverage and has underrated athleticism. However, Hickman hasn't had much experience as a single-high safety; I'd love to see how OSU deploys him in that regard. He's also had two notable injuries - one in high school, one in college. But I think that he'd be a solid player, even on special teams.)

6th (Sebastian Joseph-Day comp) - Zakhari Franklin, WR, UTSA. (6'1", 185 lbs.)

(Franklin is so silky-smooth running routes. He really reminds me of Robert Woods in terms of route running and sheer reliability. Unfortunately, he doesn't often get a chance to shine; the Roadrunners have two other outstanding junior wideouts who are likely better than he is: Joshua Cephus and De"Corian Clark. He's not really much of a high-point receiver either on go-routes or fades; while he's very fast and quick, Franklin isn't really a burner or tall like the other two. But as a sheer route runner, you'd be hard-pressed to find someone better in this draft.)

7th (Ogbonnia Okoronkwo comp) - Zack Kuntz, TE, Old Dominion. (6'8", 245 lbs.)

(Yeah, the measurements are right: Kuntz is 6'8" with the frame to pack on at least fifteen pounds of muscle. He's a former Penn State transfer, a four-star prospect who dominated high school. He's got fantastic speed, a huge catch radius, the things you dream about for your tight end. But he's raw. Like, Fendi Onobun raw. He's a poor run blocker at best; he'd be best suited for the flex tight end position. Ultimately, he's a developmental tight end, but Kuntz could be something special in time.)

Roster (starters in bold, rookies in italics, free agents in underline).

QB - Matthew Stafford, Anthony Richardson.

(Wolford gets replaced (hopefully not cut, but dealt). I think we go for two quarterbacks this time around with a third on the practice squad if necessary.)

RB - Devin Singletary, Kyren Williams, Sean Tucker, Miyan Williams.

(Sorry, I don't really have much faith in Rivers, so he'll get squeezed out in the end. I could see him go on the practice squad, but I see him going for another opportunity. Singletary is your starter in name, although I could see all four backs get carries.)

WR - Cooper Kupp, Allen Robinson, Jacob Harris, Lance McCutcheon, Marvin Mims (PR), Tyler Harrell (KR), Zakhari Franklin.

(Yes, I think this is the year Harris breaks out, although McCutcheon could easily win the job. Mims is a good punt returner, but I could see Franklin compete for that role. Harrell is the unanimous kick returner; he's had a few in college, and he could easily go the distance.)

TE - Ben Skowronek, Tucker Kraft, Zack Kuntz.

(Three tight ends. I think Blanton - as much as it kills me as a Mizzou fan - is not going to make it over the rookies. I could see us keep Roger Carter on the practice squad for fullback/H-back purposes, but ultimately, I want to see what Skowronek and the rookies can do.)

OL - Alaric Jackson, Michael Jordan, Brian Allen, Logan Bruss, Rob Havenstein, Max Pircher, Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, Javon Foster, Cooper Beebe, Joseph Noteboom (PUP).

(Noteboom is on the PUP list, but if Jordan doesn't pan out, I could see him kick A-Jax back inside at left guard and take Pircher's place on the roster. Bruss will start at right guard no matter what; it'll help with Havenstein teaching his fellow Badger. Shelton belongs where he's at: backing up the center and guard positions while Pircher is the swing tackle. The rookies all make the team. Arcuri takes another stint on the practice squad.

DL - Aaron Donald, Greg Gaines, Bobby Brown III, Earnest Brown IV, Calijah Kancey, Siaki Ika,.

(AD is AD, and Gaines has more than earned a starting job and a shiny new contract. I think BB3 takes the 5-tech spot and backup nose tackle spot; he's got the most potential out of any of our young D-linemen. I still have faith in EB4, as a backup to 5 tech. Kancey can mostly give Donald a breather while learning from the best in the business, while Ika has a redshirt year to condition himself for the NFL.)

LB - Daniel Hardy, Kier Thomas, Brayden Thomas, Felix Anudike-Uzomah. Habakkuk Baldonado, Ernest Jones, Justin Flowe, Christian Rozeboom, Jake Hummel.

(Surprised that Hardy is starting? I wouldn't be; I want to see more of him this season, and I think he'll impress. Kier Thomas will get the other edge rusher spot; I think he'd do better than, say, Hollins or Lewis as a pass-rusher. Brayden Thomas is an underrated edge rusher whom I think will be in our plans. Then you have Anudike-Uzomah and Baldonado learning from them. Jones is obviously your starting inside linebacker, and Flowe, I believe, will win the job. Rozeboom and Hummel are your special teams aces.)

DB - Jalen Ramsey, Robert Rochell, Cobie Durant, Derion Kendrick, Shaun Jolly, Jordan Fuller, JL Skinner, Quentin Lake, Russ Yeast, Ronnie Hickman.

(Ramsey is Ramsey. I think Rochell, in a new system that caters to his strengths, will earn a starting job, while Durant and Kendrick are your nickel/big nickel backs. Jolly is small, but has a lot of potential as well; there's a reason he's on the team. Skinner earns a spot next to Fuller, while Lake, Yeast, and Hickman are for special teams and occasional breathers.)

ST - Matt Gay, Riley Dixon, Matthew Orzech.

(Gay is the most reliable kicker we've had since Wilkins; I will be very upset if we let him go. I'm not sure about Dixon or Orzech. I'd bring in competition for both of them. Still, I can't think of any young punter and/or long snapper prospect who would be available, so I'm leaving them on for now.)

Well, this is my crazy mock (which should be more towards seeing the prospects I like and what someone clueless like me would do rather than what the Rams will do), so please, leave a comment, get your different opinions and ouches ready to click, and just witness insanity.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
That took a lot of thought and work Mems, I will check it out more closely.
Thanks for the effort

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 Sportsbook Champion
Welp, I've decided to make an offseason, now that there's no trade in the deadlines. Here's hoping this is good:

Coaching Changes:

Raheem Morris hired by the Carolina Panthers as their head coach.

(It just makes all the sense in the world. The Panthers obviously want to keep Burns, Brown, and Horn as options, but the rest of the defense has been pathetic and has not lived up to enormous expectations. And they probably want a veteran coach with head coaching experience who can guide a young team that will get even younger as the offseason progresses. Morris just fills every box.)

Eric Henderson promoted to defensive coordinator.

(Also makes sense. Henderson has done a fantastic job on the defensive line and has coaxed a ton out of Gaines, A-Rob, and many others over a long period of time. He more than deserves a promotion.)

Player Position Change:

Ben Skowronek - WR/TE

(Skow has always fit more at H-back than anything else. He's being used in the running game as a blocker. Tell him to bulk up, become a tight end, make it official.)

Practice Squad Players Brought Back:

Jacob Harris
Earnest Brown IV
Roger Carter
Ronnie Rivers
Kier Thomas
Brayden Thomas
Max Pircher
A.J. Arcuri
Chandler Brewer

(Harris has to be brought back. I do not want to give up on him, and I bet that he could still get an opportunity here. Brown IV is for the same reason; I want to see what he can do. Carter is a true H-back. The Thomases are key outside linebackers, Rivers has run well, and Pircher, Arcuri, and Brewer are solid offensive linemen. There's others out there, but honestly, if we bring back Harris, Pircher, and Kier Thomas, that'll make me a very happy gal.)

Re-sign:

Greg Gaines - five years, 35 million total.
Matt Gay - four years, 14 million total.
Riley Dixon - one year, 2.5 million.
Matt Orzech - one year, 2 million.
Marquise Copeland - ERFA
John Wolford - RFA
Christian Rozeboom - ERFA
Travin Howard - ERFA
Kendall Blanton - RFA
Michael Hoecht - ERFA
Bryce Perkins - ERFA
Shaun Jolly - ERFA

(Greg Gaines absolutely has to be re-signed. He's a twenty-five-year-old stud who needs to be on this defensive line long after AD has retired. Gay has been as close to automatic as it gets, and I'd rather keep the special teams battery in Dixon and Orzech - albeit with competition. The rest of them are restricted free agent or exclusive rights free agents who deserve another shot to see how they do (although two will be dealt as a warning.)

Release:

A'Shawn Robinson
David Edwards
Nick Scott
Taylor Rapp
Troy Hill
Darrell Henderson
David Long
Grant Haley
Justin Hollins
Brandon Powell
Ty Nsekhe
Matt Skura
Malcolm Brown
Jake Gervase
Bobby "He Absolutely Needs to Fucking Go, I'm Fucking Done With Him" Evans

(Robinson will get an enormous contract that we will have no way of matching, so he's gone. We don't pay safeties big money (as proven by JJ3), so Scott and Rapp are gone. Edwards could be re-signed, but I wouldn't go further than two years for him, and I have to imagine that he'll get a longer term somewhere than that. Hill is over the hill, while Long has been phased out by Ramsey, Kendrick, Durant and - hopefully, maybe - Rochell. Henderson is probably going to go for a big contract. Haley hit IR, and we have a guy in Jolly who is very much similar to him. Powell is going to command more money as a returner/gadget player than we will pay. Nsekhe and Skura are stopgap offensive linemen, while Brown is a stopgap running back; none of those three are worth bringing back. Hollins has been awful this year, but he'll still probably get paid more than we will offer (i.e., Okoronkwo money). Bobby Evans can - to quote the illustrious Ari Gold - get - the fuck - OUT. I've seen enough.)

Free Agency:

Michael Jordan (OG) - three years, twelve million total (six million first year).

Devin Singletary (RB) - two years, ten million.

(Jordan is a very young offensive guard (twenty-five next January) who started nineteen games in Cincinnati before being cut in 2021 and picked up by Carolina. He's 6'6", 315 lbs. and probably will be one of the bigger bargains of the 2023 free agency period; he reminds me a lot of David Edwards, except healthy. This will be a loaded running back free agent period with Saquon Barkley, Tony Pollard, Kareem Hunt, Josh Jacobs, Miles Sanders, Devin Singletary, and David Montgomery, amongst others. Singletary is someone I loved in the draft process as a small, yet stocky back who can catch out of the backfield. I think he could be a solid addition to our running back group, have Kyren Williams and two draft picks (yes, Akers WILL be dealt in this mock, and I don't have much faith in Rivers) learn from him.)

Trades (yes, there will be a lot of them):

Bobby Wagner to the Dallas Cowboys for 2023 second round pick and 2023 fourth round pick.

(First off, a controversial trade. Yes, I know we just signed him, but Wagner's clearly lost a step or two. He's not the player Fisher and Snead wanted in 2012, and the Seahags were right to get rid of him. But he's still more talented than the oft-injured Leighton Vander Esch, and the Cowboys need linebacker help. In addition, Wagner would likely waive whatever trade clause he may have to be on a contender - which we really aren't.)

Cam Akers, 2024 fifth, and 2025 conditional sixth to the New York Giants for 2023 fourth round pick.

(The Giants might decide to bite on Akers if they lose Saquon Barkley, but even if they don't, they lack depth behind him in case of injury, and may want to have a change-of-scenery option for Akers. I say? Good riddance.)

Van Jefferson to the Houston Texans for 2023 third round pick.

(Yeah, Cooks is gonna get traded (not to us), so the Texans have Nico Collins and nothing else of note at receiver. Van still has the rest of the year to prove himself, but I don't have much faith that he'll ever be the player we expected him to be.)

Chatarius Atwell to the Baltimore Ravens for 2023 fifth round pick.

(Yeah, I'm done with Atwell. Time to cut bait. I think Baltimore would bite, given their lack of a deep threat (they have Tylan Wallace in that role right now, but they need more to compete with the loaded AFC.)

Tyler Higbee to the Indianapolis Colts for 2023 second round pick.

(Jim Irsay runs this team, and the Colts lack weapons necessary for their quarterback, whomever he may be. I see Higbee being traded for a high pick.)

Leonard Floyd to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for 2023 third round pick and 2024 sixth round pick.)

(Tampa Bay is in full win-now mode, and with Shaquil Barrett injured with an Achilles (a notoriously hard injury to come back from), Floyd will be attractive to Tampa Bay as an option.)

Coleman Shelton to the las Vegas Raiders for 2023 fifth round pick.

(Shelton is probably going to be replaced by Bruss and draft picks, so he'll be dealt to Las Vegas, who has issues with their offensive line (an undrafted rookie, Andre James, while he's been good, is a free agent after this year, and he'll be a popular target by many teams.)

Terrell Burgess to the Buffalo Bills for 2024 conditional seventh round pick.

(Burgess hasn't proven much, but Buffalo has two aging safeties, and one is currently injured. I think Burgess for a seventh - which could be more if Burgess has a good year - would be an interesting trade.)

Terrell Lewis to the Atlanta Falcons for 2024 conditional seventh round pick.

(Lewis hasn't proven much more than Burgess, but the Falcons are in desperate need of outside linebacker help, and a seventh - that could turn into more if Lewis has a good year - wouldn't be much to part with.)

Travin Howard to the Washington Comm - anders for 2024 conditional seventh round pick.

(With Ernest Jones and a rookie inside linebacker starting, and Rozeboom and Jake Hummel as backups, Howard simply doesn't have a spot on this team. Yes, you sign him as an ERFA, but also make sure he has a team to go to in order to start. Washington seems as good a place as any; while they have a solid young middle linebacker in Cole Holcomb, Howard could easily start outside as a weakside linebacker - something that Washington lacks. In return, we get a potentially good late round pick that could become a fifth if Howard re-signs.)

Brycen Hopkins and 2024 seventh round pick to the Detroit Lions for 2023 sixth round pick.

(With Skowronek and a couple new tight ends, Hopkins and his coked up, baby-sea-otter-soft ass can get the hell off my team. Getting a sixth round pick is a bonus. Holmes may want to see if he can squeeze anything out of Hopkins, seeing as he scouted him, but honestly, I'm not expecting much.)

Bryce Perkins to the New Orleans Saints for 2024 conditional seventh round pick.

(Yeah, I think it's time we traded Perkins. I do have an idea of what I'm going to do. The Saints only have Jameis Winston and Andy Dalton (no, I don't count Taysom Hill), and no first round pick. Perkins, I feel, could easily earn a spot there.)

Rams 3rd round pick (ours, Morris comp) to the Kansas City Chiefs for 2023 fourth round pick (theirs) and 2023 fourth round pick (Dolphins).

(The Chiefs move up to snag a falling defensive end, while we get a couple of fourths.)

2023 sixth round pick (Packers), 2023 sixth round pick (ours), 2023 sixth round pick (Titans), and 2023 seventh round pick (ours) to the Miami Dolphins for 2023 fifth round pick.

(The Dolphins lack a lot of picks thanks to their Brady scandal. We'll give them a lot more picks in exchange for a fifth.)

Draft:

2nd (ours) - Felix Anudike-Uzomah, EDGE, Kansas State. (6'4", 255 lbs.)

(Anudike-Uzomah has the tools you dream about in an edge rusher. He's fast, bendy, strong, all of which are excellent qualities. Winner of the Co-DPOTY in the Big 12, he wins so many battles against offensive linemen with his pure athletic traits. But he needs work on the technical side of things; he often struggles if his initial attempts are beaten, as he lacks a proper counter move. I feel this is something he'll learn in time and in practice. What concerns me with Anudike-Uzomah is gap integrity; he'll often forget it, and that's something that'll have to be coached out. But I love this kid's potential; he could be a lot like what Robert Quinn was for us.)

2nd (Colts) - Marvin Mims, WR, Oklahoma. (5'11", 184 lbs.)

(Mims will likely fall to the second round; there's too many elite receivers ahead of him that boast better measurables. But Mims just wins on the deep and intermediate routes constantly. He's what Van Jefferson and Chatarius Atwell could've been, and while his routes need improvement overall, he has the ability to not only learn them, but be amazing at it. He's got solid hands; you're not going to see him drop passes, and he's a very tough blocker who will fit on this team. He is quite small-framed, and there are concerns if he'll constantly win battles against press-man. He might fit better in the slot as well, but he has the potential to fit out wide. All in all, Mims is the solution for our problems. He's tough enough to do run blocking, he rarely drops passes, he has all the potential in the world to be a fantastic route runner, and he constantly wins in the intermediate and deep routes run.

2nd (Cowboys) - Sean Tucker, RB, Syracuse. (5'10", 205 lbs.)

(Tucker has quickly become my favorite running back (especially since Bijan Robinson and Jahmyr Gibbs look like they're going in the first round.). He's shifty, has extremely good vision, and when he takes off and runs, nobody's catching him. You guys will probably like his ball security; he's rarely ever fumbled at Syracuse, despite his heavy workload. Tucker has incredible contact balance, goes straight to the hole without hesitation and his legs constantly keep churning. He needs improvement in the passing game, but I have no doubt that he'll be able to learn; he has all the traits necessary. I wouldn't put him anywhere near pass-protection; he's simply not big or physical enough for that. But I seriously love this kid, and I consider him the third best running back in this class.)

3rd (Texans) - Anthony Richardson, QB, Florida. (6'4", 234 lbs.)

(Call me crazy for drafting a quarterback when I've already signed Wolford for another year (even though I did deal Perkins). Call me crazy for drafting a quarterback so high. Call me crazy all you want, but this kid, if taught correctly, could become for us what Patrick Mahomes is for the Chiefs. Richardson is super-raw, sushi-raw, but his athletic traits (he's been known to outrun DBs for touchdowns) and his arm (has been tracked at 75 yards through the air), in addition to being able to fit balls through tight windows make him a moldable ball of clay. He'll need to learn touch on his passes, he'll need to learn to arc the deep ball instead of on a frozen rope, but seriously, I've fallen in love with this kid after his tape, and I think he could be the successor to Stafford after a few years. Yeah, call me crazy. Stafford, in my opinion, isn't going to last with all of the hits he's taking from our offensive O-line. Wolford is an injury magnet. While if Stafford goes down, we're probably screwed, Richardson could probably win you a few games as it is.)

3rd (Buccaneers) - Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, OC/OG, Georgia. (6'4", 310 lbs.)

(Van Pran-Granger is only a redshirt-sophomore, but he's quickly rising after his performance as a redshirt freshman in Georgia's season. He was dominant as a center with his athleticism, but his IQ is what sold me on him. He was so intelligent as a freshman, able to make the line calls for Georgia. His motor is constant; he's constantly looking for help, constantly battling to the whistle. But he's struggled with defenders with longer arms, though; he's got short arms, and will likely be stuck at center. He needs a redshirt year to bulk up and get stronger, but he could be our Creed Humphrey, and SVPG is one of my favorite offensive lineman in this draft class.)

3rd (ours) - JL Skinner, SAF, Boise State. (6'4", 220 lbs.)

(The closest prospect to Kam Chancellor since Kam Chancellor, Skinner is one of the heaviest hitters as a big safety that I've ever seen. He knows when to time his tackle as well, jarring the ball loose from the receiver. He's remarkably intelligent as well; he could be a leader in the defensive backfield. However, he's not the right player for a big nickel; quicker slot receivers would eat him alive. He's not really a press-man safety either; I'd rather see him in zone in a two-high coverage, but ultimately? I just don't want the Hags to get him.)

4th (Chiefs) -Calijah Kancey, DT, Pittsburgh. (6'0", 280 lbs.)

(Another Pitt DT who is undersized, yet explosive. Sound familiar? Kancey is basically a poor man's AD, at the moment, as he isn't as strong or explosive as the man himself, but manages to get insane penetration on the defensive line, whether it's against the run or pass. The other thing that separates him is that he's very, very raw. He doesn't have many pass-rushing moves or counters, which is something that he could learn in the NFL. Ultimately, he could go a lot higher than this.)

4th (Chiefs from Dolphins) - Javon Foster, OT/OG, Missouri. (6'5", 320 lbs.)

(Foster is a solid left tackle prospect who could probably also play guard at the next level. He's powerful, has heavy hands, and outstanding length - all of which could help him in at tackle and guard alike. However, his foot quickness isn't even adequate; it could be a real issue if defensive lineman go inside with a move. He's also not great with speed on the edge, and his technique, while adequate, needs a lot more work. Ultimately, though, he could be a fantastic lineman for us, and I'm not saying that because he's from Mizzou (although I love that he is); I think Foster could be solid for us.)

4th (Giants) - Siaki Ika, NT, Baylor. (6'4", 358 lbs.)

(Siaki Ika is a big man. He's a lot like Danny Shelton in that he's a bigger nose tackle who fits more as a penetrator than a traditional nose tackle. He's surprisingly quick out of his stance, and if he's up against someone who can't anchor against him, he's going to feast. He really struggles to hold double teams against the run, nor does he really split them in the passing game, which is weird for a man his size to struggle with it so much. I don't know if he's a good enough pass-rusher or if he's conditioned enough for the NFL, though. He's never really been put in third down situations at Baylor, which is why I think he'll fall to the fourth round; two down nose tackles are a dime a dozen. Still, I think it's worth a shot with Ika; maybe you'll get a young Vince Wilfork.)

4th (Cowboys) - Habakkuk Baldonado, EDGE, Pittsburgh. (6'5", 260 lbs.)

(Baldonado is an interesting prospect who only played one season of high school football, as he was born in Rome, Italy. He's very raw as a result; while he has active hands and wins more often than not against the run, he's a total work in progress in terms of how his upper and lower halves measure up, and he needs to become a lot more fluid and understand exactly what sort of plan he's coming up with against offensive linemen. Overall, I think this second Pitt rusher will need time, probably a redshirt year or two, but he could be a very good run-defender who can get a lot of sacks and pressures.)

5th (Raiders via Falcons) - Justin Flowe, ILB, Oregon. (6'3", 220 lbs.)

(Flowe was once the best high-school linebacker, the number six prospect in the nation and a consensus five star recruit. After a meniscus tear in his freshman year, and a foot injury after the Fresno State game in his sophomore year - a game where he had fourteen tackles - one for a loss - and a forced fumble to seal the victory - Flowe fell off the radar for a bit. But his talent, instincts, and intangibles make him well worth an early fifth round pick. Flowe is big, fast, smart, everything you want in an inside linebacker.)

5th (Dolphins) - Miyan Williams, RB, Ohio State. (5'9", 225 lbs.)

(Williams is a bowling ball with serious speed. Tacklers seem to bounce off of him. There were other, more highly-regarded running backs at Ohio State (Williams was a three star recruit), but Williams won the starting job over all of them, capping it off with a five-touchdown day against Rutgers. He's struggled a bit on third down; I don't think he'll ever be a great pass-catcher, but a pass-protector with occasional screens seems doable. I'd love to see him on the Rams in a C.J. Anderson like role.)

5th (Ravens) - Cooper Beebe, OG, Kansas State. (6'4", 322 lbs.)

(Beebe starts as K-State's left tackle, but he'll be a guard at the next level, and a damned good one, at that. He's got a hell of a mean streak, very temperamental in the run game. He'll struggle at the second level, but he's honestly a lot quicker than his size would indicate, so I think that it's fixable. Overall, he seems like the type of player who would definitely fit this team.)

5th (Darious Williams comp) - Tucker Kraft, TE, South Dakota State. (6'5", 255 lbs.)

(Kraft operates under a run-first offense, and he's a fantastic blocker for a tight end prospect; he's willing, he's able, and he's just solid in terms of fundamentals. But I feel - much like @jrry32 felt with George Kittle - that Kraft could offer a hell of a lot more. He needs to clean up his routes, needs to make more of the difficult catches, but he has the wide frame, the sneaky-good athleticism, and the instincts to really be a solid pass catcher. And even if he doesn't turn into that, he's still arguably a number one tight end in our system with his ability to block.)

5th (Austin Corbett comp) - Tyler Harrell, WR, Alabama. (6'0", 190 lbs.)

(Harrell is a fucking speed demon. There's rumors that he's run a 4.19 forty and a 1.41 ten yard split - the former of which would easily break the Combine record. He's got the ability to be a hell of a route runner himself; he's really only been used on nine routes and the like, but he's got the talent. He could easily be our Tyreek Hill with his sheer athleticism, and the ability to actually high-point balls that are normally 50-50. The problem with Harrell is that he's barely played. He didn't have many snaps at Louisville, despite his talent, and after he transferred to the Crimson Tide, a foot injury knocked him out for most of the season, although I think he's healthy now. Ultimately, I think he goes a little higher if he can remain healthy and active, but I think we could get a steal in Harrell.)

6th (Lions) - Ronnie Hickman, SAF, Ohio State. (6'1", 207 lbs.)

(Hickman is another Ohio State safety in a school that seems to churn them out. He's a lot like a mix between Taylor Rapp and Jordan Fuller - strengths and weaknesses alike. Like Rapp, Hickman is a sure tackler, a solid box defender who can sift through traffic and make the tackle at his best. Like Fuller, he's solid in coverage and has underrated athleticism. However, Hickman hasn't had much experience as a single-high safety; I'd love to see how OSU deploys him in that regard. He's also had two notable injuries - one in high school, one in college. But I think that he'd be a solid player, even on special teams.)

6th (Sebastian Joseph-Day comp) - Zakhari Franklin, WR, UTSA. (6'1", 185 lbs.)

(Franklin is so silky-smooth running routes. He really reminds me of Robert Woods in terms of route running and sheer reliability. Unfortunately, he doesn't often get a chance to shine; the Roadrunners have two other outstanding junior wideouts who are likely better than he is: Joshua Cephus and De"Corian Clark. He's not really much of a high-point receiver either on go-routes or fades; while he's very fast and quick, Franklin isn't really a burner or tall like the other two. But as a sheer route runner, you'd be hard-pressed to find someone better in this draft.)

7th (Ogbonnia Okoronkwo comp) - Zack Kuntz, TE, Old Dominion. (6'8", 245 lbs.)

(Yeah, the measurements are right: Kuntz is 6'8" with the frame to pack on at least fifteen pounds of muscle. He's a former Penn State transfer, a four-star prospect who dominated high school. He's got fantastic speed, a huge catch radius, the things you dream about for your tight end. But he's raw. Like, Fendi Onobun raw. He's a poor run blocker at best; he'd be best suited for the flex tight end position. Ultimately, he's a developmental tight end, but Kuntz could be something special in time.)

Roster (starters in bold, rookies in italics, free agents in underline).

QB - Matthew Stafford, Anthony Richardson.

(Wolford gets replaced (hopefully not cut, but dealt). I think we go for two quarterbacks this time around with a third on the practice squad if necessary.)

RB - Devin Singletary, Kyren Williams, Sean Tucker, Miyan Williams.

(Sorry, I don't really have much faith in Rivers, so he'll get squeezed out in the end. I could see him go on the practice squad, but I see him going for another opportunity. Singletary is your starter in name, although I could see all four backs get carries.)

WR - Cooper Kupp, Allen Robinson, Jacob Harris, Lance McCutcheon, Marvin Mims (PR), Tyler Harrell (KR), Zakhari Franklin.

(Yes, I think this is the year Harris breaks out, although McCutcheon could easily win the job. Mims is a good punt returner, but I could see Franklin compete for that role. Harrell is the unanimous kick returner; he's had a few in college, and he could easily go the distance.)

TE - Ben Skowronek, Tucker Kraft, Zack Kuntz.

(Three tight ends. I think Blanton - as much as it kills me as a Mizzou fan - is not going to make it over the rookies. I could see us keep Roger Carter on the practice squad for fullback/H-back purposes, but ultimately, I want to see what Skowronek and the rookies can do.)

OL - Alaric Jackson, Michael Jordan, Brian Allen, Logan Bruss, Rob Havenstein, Max Pircher, Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, Javon Foster, Cooper Beebe, Joseph Noteboom (PUP).

(Noteboom is on the PUP list, but if Jordan doesn't pan out, I could see him kick A-Jax back inside at left guard and take Pircher's place on the roster. Bruss will start at right guard no matter what; it'll help with Havenstein teaching his fellow Badger. Shelton belongs where he's at: backing up the center and guard positions while Pircher is the swing tackle. The rookies all make the team. Arcuri takes another stint on the practice squad.

DL - Aaron Donald, Greg Gaines, Bobby Brown III, Earnest Brown IV, Calijah Kancey, Siaki Ika,.

(AD is AD, and Gaines has more than earned a starting job and a shiny new contract. I think BB3 takes the 5-tech spot and backup nose tackle spot; he's got the most potential out of any of our young D-linemen. I still have faith in EB4, as a backup to 5 tech. Kancey can mostly give Donald a breather while learning from the best in the business, while Ika has a redshirt year to condition himself for the NFL.)

LB - Daniel Hardy, Kier Thomas, Brayden Thomas, Felix Anudike-Uzomah. Habakkuk Baldonado, Ernest Jones, Justin Flowe, Christian Rozeboom, Jake Hummel.

(Surprised that Hardy is starting? I wouldn't be; I want to see more of him this season, and I think he'll impress. Kier Thomas will get the other edge rusher spot; I think he'd do better than, say, Hollins or Lewis as a pass-rusher. Brayden Thomas is an underrated edge rusher whom I think will be in our plans. Then you have Anudike-Uzomah and Baldonado learning from them. Jones is obviously your starting inside linebacker, and Flowe, I believe, will win the job. Rozeboom and Hummel are your special teams aces.)

DB - Jalen Ramsey, Robert Rochell, Cobie Durant, Derion Kendrick, Shaun Jolly, Jordan Fuller, JL Skinner, Quentin Lake, Russ Yeast, Ronnie Hickman.

(Ramsey is Ramsey. I think Rochell, in a new system that caters to his strengths, will earn a starting job, while Durant and Kendrick are your nickel/big nickel backs. Jolly is small, but has a lot of potential as well; there's a reason he's on the team. Skinner earns a spot next to Fuller, while Lake, Yeast, and Hickman are for special teams and occasional breathers.)

ST - Matt Gay, Riley Dixon, Matthew Orzech.

(Gay is the most reliable kicker we've had since Wilkins; I will be very upset if we let him go. I'm not sure about Dixon or Orzech. I'd bring in competition for both of them. Still, I can't think of any young punter and/or long snapper prospect who would be available, so I'm leaving them on for now.)

Well, this is my crazy mock (which should be more towards seeing the prospects I like and what someone clueless like me would do rather than what the Rams will do), so please, leave a comment, get your different opinions and ouches ready to click, and just witness insanity.

so-it-begins-raining.gif

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I appreciate the work and the details on the draft prospects, not a strong area right now for me, I get into that stuff much closer to the draft.
I will say that I think you drastically overestimate some of the trade values for Rams currently on roster, just my opinion.
Also, I don't think anyone is asking Skow to bulk up.. but you do have a good H back option there in Carter.
Robinson gets fewer snaps than Gaines and doesn't have any tackles for loss. He's a solid run-stuffer.. but he's not getting big $, imo. Gaines has a better chance of getting a decent offer.. younger and better at penetrating.

Man! That was a lot of work. Cool on you for getting it out there.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Have to agree with Kupped on the estimated value of our guys being traded—with the exception of VJ. I could see a team making that offer.

As for your jettisoned players, you are probably very accurate. Be it performance or $$, I don’t see those guys coming back. I would, however, like to see Powell come back.

Nehske could come back on the right deal. He hasn’t played so poorly that he couldn’t be a backup moving forward. I just can’t seem to get a good feel for what the Rams have left on the OL. I would not be surprised to see Edwards retire and I cannot fathom how anyone could just pencil in Bruss as a starter or even a significant piece just yet. That’s why I would not let Shelton go.

As for your draft strategy, it was very comprehensive, attacking areas of major help. Liked what you did to revamp the RB room. It needs something major.

Thanks for all the time you put into this Herculean task.