Memento's Final 2016 Mock Draft: HYPE.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
With this new blockbuster trade, let's delve into the picks, shall we?

#1 overall - Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State.

(Our franchise quarterbsck. Enough said.)

#110 overall - Keyarris Garrett, WR, Tulsa.

(Big-bodied receiver who has speed to burn.)

#113 overall - Thomas Duarte, TE, UCLA.

(A tweener who fits better as an H-back rather than a wide receiver. Extremely talented pass-catcher.)

#77 overall - Jhurell Pressley, RB, New Mexico.

(Tre Mason's replacement, Pressley doesn't have the great hands, but he's very fast, tough, and can serve as a backup to Gurley and Cunningham.)

190 overall - Moritz Boehringer, WR, N/A.

(Level of competition is a concern, but in the sixth round, why not take a chance?)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Like the selections, I'm probably spending the rb pick on a cb or FS. Nice work.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I could live with this. Prefer Goff ofc like lockdnram but wouldnt be to sad if its goff. Like the other picks a lot, though wish youd of fit a kicker in there lol. But focusing on the offense was good.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Good mock and value. Hard to say which WR will be there, but I'm pretty sure the Rams go WR with first pick in round 4 at the least, yeah, no doubt.

The German WR is going much earlier than round 6. Rams will need to take him round 4 IMO if they want him.

25Q86R

UDFA
I hope some other team takes the German kid before the Rams do. Those German leagues are garbage. Not garbage in a hyperbolic, overstatement, shock value kind of way. I mean garbage in the sense that the players there have absolutely no talent and no skill and therefore should be dismissed as having no value. Stick with Americans, who have coaches that learned how to run a game by playing and learning from the best.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like it but think Goff will be the pick

If Goff is the pick, I'm cool with it. I just prefer Wentz a little bit more.

Like the selections, I'm probably spending the rb pick on a cb or FS. Nice work.

I considered cornerback, but our offensive needs (including a backup running back, thanks to Mason's shenanigans) overcame the cornerback selection. We could get one as an UDFA.

I could live with this. Prefer Goff ofc like lockdnram but wouldnt be to sad if its goff. Like the other picks a lot, though wish youd of fit a kicker in there lol. But focusing on the offense was good.

Kickers could be gotten as UDFAs. I wanted to focus on other needs.

Good mock and value. Hard to say which WR will be there, but I'm pretty sure the Rams go WR with first pick in round 4 at the least, yeah, no doubt.

The German WR is going much earlier than round 6. Rams will need to take him round 4 IMO if they want him.

Boehringer is incredibly raw, sort of like a Jeff Janis type (the Packers wide receiver who came out of Division 3 and had an amazing Pro Day). No team is going to take a chance on a guy this raw. I'd much rather have Garrett and Duarte over Boehringer if push came to shove and he went in the fourth round.

I hope some other team takes the German kid before the Rams do. Those German leagues are garbage. Not garbage in a hyperbolic, overstatement, shock value kind of way. I mean garbage in the sense that the players there have absolutely no talent and no skill and therefore should be dismissed as having no value. Stick with Americans, who have coaches that learned how to run a game by playing and learning from the best.

With a sixth round pick, what's the worst that can happen? If he busts, oh well. If he makes an impact, that's more than what you get out of most sixth round picks.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I considered cornerback, but our offensive needs (including a backup running back, thanks to Mason's shenanigans) overcame the cornerback selection. We could get one as an UDFA.

I had thought about that too but looking back at last year Mason only had 2 games over 10 carries, one being week 17 that Gurley sat out. In reality Mason was our 3rd or even 4th RB last year. We could also replace him with a UDFA. Or a previous UDFA already on the roster. Either way I think we're in there with the right 4 or 5 positions we take. There are still a couple decent veteran free agents out there too. Ronnie Hillman, Pierre Thomas, Bernard Pierce, and a handful of others that should come cheap.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not a fan of Garrett. Ambivalent towards the German WR. Don't see any need for a HB. Like Duarte.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Boehringer is incredibly raw, sort of like a Jeff Janis type (the Packers wide receiver who came out of Division 3 and had an amazing Pro Day). No team is going to take a chance on a guy this raw. I'd much rather have Garrett and Duarte over Boehringer if push came to shove and he went in the fourth round.

Each draft is different. In this particular draft that is loaded with possession types with poor workout times, a guy with his insane workout numbers versus size/weight ensures he will jump many of them. His 40 times were impressive enough at his size but IMO those shuttle and 3 cone times for a dude that big were just stupid, I almost don't believe it.

For perspective: the last skills player to run a 4.45 or less at 6'4" or greater was Calvin Johnson. The guy has rare athletic talent and it's gonna be hard for teams to pass on him for long given what his ceiling could be.

IMO that dude won't get out of round 4.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The German WR is going much earlier than round 6. Rams will need to take him round 4 IMO if they want him

What makes you say that? The level of competition he faced was barely above high school. He is a huge developmental project. UDFA if you ask me.

Don't see any need for a HB

Not even if they let Mason go or trade him? Plus get rid of Tre Watts? I like Pressley and think that RB is a definite possibility late.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yeah, pretty sure we're gonna be without Trey and Tre so they gonna need to add at least one more.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

He's too much of a linear athlete. Can separate vertically but doesn't do much else. Not a YAC threat. Doesn't change directions well. Doesn't run good routes. He's a big guy who can run past DBs but he's not a huge threat in the short and intermediate games. Tulsa generally got him the ball short with quick screens or pick routes. He struggled creating separation without help. Generally only did it when he could get off the press on slant routes to space.