McVay’s Game Day Call Sheet

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Is it against the rules for the opposing team to have a powerful camera getting pics of it during the game?

From there it would seem you could identify the situational sections he is calling from and anticipate plays.

Sometimes I swear I can almost read his call sheet on TV from my living room. What keeps the opposing team from grabbing their own high definition pictures of it?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It’s not like Joe Barry doesn’t know everything a coach wants to know about Sean Mcvay. Especially as the game went on ?
Then again Sean Mcvay has gotten pretty predictable.That Jet sweep with Tutu Atwell coming across was ram so slow
Because of his timing he then slowed down. Plus Van Jefferson lined up way to far outside he couldn’t get square on the safety.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Seems like a valid concern when you're facing a cheater like Belichick for example, who probably has somebody on the payroll to print that shit out early in the game and bring it to the sideline.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Not sure they even needed it. If they have watched tape on the Rams this season, they pretty much know exactly what he is going to call in most situations....

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It was irritating how the Packers were downhill attacking certain play calls, like the jet sweep to Tutu where the tackler started sprinting to the box to beat the block at the snap. They had many of our plays down in terms of recognition. When that happens it's coaching and play calling every single time.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

1671564475192.png

it will look something like this except it would be repeating Stafford to Kupp.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Is it against the rules for the opposing team to have a powerful camera getting pics of it during the game?

From there it would seem you could identify the situational sections he is calling from and anticipate plays.

I think all NFL teams and coaches are on the Honor System.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
It was irritating how the Packers were downhill attacking certain play calls, like the jet sweep to Tutu where the tackler started sprinting to the box to beat the block at the snap. They had many of our plays down in terms of recognition. When that happens it's coaching and play calling every single time.

Don't forget that the fudge packers' HC has more than a minor familiarity with our offense.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Time to give up the play calling. Kliff Kingsbury could be hired here and bringing him in, IMO, McVay might give up the play calling and I would be all for that. Kingsbury will be motivated and I believe will also stay around a couple of years because of his losing record at both college and the NFL.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Time to give up the play calling. Kliff Kingsbury could be hired here and bringing him in, IMO, McVay might give up the play calling and I would be all for that. Kingsbury will be motivated and I believe will also stay around a couple of years because of his losing record at both college and the NFL.
"In honor of Bill Bellicheck bucking conventional wisdom by making Matt Patricia his OC, McVay eyes Raheem similarly...." ~ Den the Menace

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sometimes I swear I can almost read his call sheet on TV from my living room. What keeps the opposing team from grabbing their own high definition pictures of it?

So… nobody has really answered my question. Am I crazy?

It would seem super easy to get pictures of it, don’t you agree?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

My guess would be getting caught & then what it would intel to make it all work.In baseball as a example you compete more than game a year.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Basically the answer is risk vs reward. Not as easy as it seems.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I'm pretty sure this would fall under the same restrictions s when the patriots got caught taping defensive hand signals, @CGI_Ram . Iirc, the rule is they can't have any recording equipment on the sidelines. In theory they could pay someone to sit on the stands with a powerful camera and do it, but I don't know if stadiums allow cameras like that in.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Three things:

1. I could see the Patriots somehow getting a special employee onto the sidelines to blend in with the other sideline photographers with their giant camera lenses. Maybe NFL security checks the credentials, but I could see the NFL leaving it to the stadium to do that security and Gillette Stadium isn't kicking any team photographer from the sidelines.

2. For McVay, it's not one of those static, laminated call sheets that we see some coaches use. McVay's got game time lineouts and scribbly comments all over his. So, taking a picture of the call sheet might not be that useful.

3. I don't know how much McVay uses the thing to actually call plays. The Rams made a nice wristband, full of plays, for Baker to use against the Raiders. McVay proceeded to call just 1 play that was on Baker's wristband. I could see the call sheet used similarly.

Sean-McVay-2.jpg

imageedit_7_80491670-16x9-1.jpg

Last edited:

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

They probably do already. Some games the defense is ready for everything we do.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

Naw, not crazy, it’s just the Christmas season it puts everyone off a little. You’ll be good once the presents are open.