McVay: "Woods out a couple weeks"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
The Seahawks have a real Red Zone TE.

Higbee will never be that.

I always thought it was a good idea to have one TE who is big enough, and tough enough, to take on a DE or put a olb on their ass (Ernie Conwell) and one who can catch and get YAC (maybe Everett.)

Higbee does not seem to excel at either.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I always thought it was a good idea to have one TE who is big enough, and tough enough, to take on a DE or put a olb on their ass (Ernie Conwell) and one who can catch and get YAC (maybe Everett.)

Higbee does not seem to excel at either.
Higbee is on my short list...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The good news is that we're pretty deep at WR. That's a position where we can spare an injury. CB? Not so much. We need NRC and Kayvon back.

Rainram

Starter
This will also put McVay in a position to get more creative (not that he isn’t already). But he’ll have to adapt. Players will have to step up. He’ll use things other teams haven’t seen yet. Should be an opportunity for growth in here.

fearsomefour

Legend
The good news is that we're pretty deep at WR. That's a position where we can spare an injury. CB? Not so much. We need NRC and Kayvon back.
We are deep with POTENTIAL at WR, not much there is proven.
So, we shall see. I would think Cooper has the edge, but, who knows?

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
It's unfortunate but could be the opportunity Sammy needs to get in gear. We are pretty deep on paper and this will show us if it translates to the field. Been lucky this season with injuries and now we are like most and still pretty healthy. Woods playing in the final minutes doesn't really bug me. The injury does though. TIME TO FIGHT

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
IMO, losing NRC and K Webster are bigger concerns than losing Woods— simply because I trust our wr depth more than our cb depth.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
So good news it NRC and Hill should be back by Sunday, maaaaaaybe Webster. And we finally get to see if Thomas has corrected his catching skills and what the hype was this last training camp regarding Reynolds.

I sure love me some Woods, but i sure as hell dont wanna miss him these next couple weeks.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We are deep with POTENTIAL at WR, not much there is proven.
So, we shall see. I would think Cooper has the edge, but, who knows?

Potential is better than what we have at CB. I'd play Mike Thomas or Josh Reynolds. Cooper isn't suited for Woods' role imo.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Watkins needs to step up !

We need him to play like the top 5 reciever he thinks he is.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Funny how deep we were at CB and bad at WR under Fisher and now it's vice versa. Oh well, at least we can address that through the draft.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Every team in the NFL has been dealt their share of key injuries. The best teams are the ones that overcome the adversity and make plays instead of excuses. Gotta believe McVay can adapt the scheme to what he has.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Tough duty trying to keep up with Brees/Payton in a scoring matchup with our best WR out, huh?

And with even the possibility of having to use our 4th and/or 5th CB against them? Gulp!

Pray that Webster and NRC can play next Sunday.

And pray that one of Reynolds, Cooper, or Thomas has a coming out party in place of Woods (I’m not counting on Tavon for much of anything as a deep threat WR).

Also, it’s now or never for Watkins as our #1 WR threat.

That’s a lot of “ifs”, isn’t it? Otherwise, this could get ugly real quick.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Woods has been around that 80% snaps mark thus far this year, so they need to replace him for roughly 50-odd snaps in each of the next couple games.

So I'm guessing Kupp & Watkins slide into primary X & Z roles (with Reynolds & Thomas of course getting a little more) and those 50 snaps are divided primarily into the slot, with Pharoh & Everett getting more looks at Y. Or so I hope.