McVay, Wade & Lafleur Camp Pressers Day 7

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I heard Wade say that he's only installed about half of the D, so far.

Dang!

What's the D gonna look like when it's fully installed?

Another biggie to me was how relaxed he seemed when asked about his DL situation even after the Easley loss. He maintained that most of his DL players are virtually interchangeable position wise. Even Brockers at DE in a pinch!

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Is it just me, or is Lafleur a bit of a dick? All his answers seem to come with the "are you an idiot" stare, where he makes you feel stupid for even asking a question.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Is it just me, or is Lafleur a bit of a dick? All his answers seem to come with the "are you an idiot" stare, where he makes you feel stupid for even asking a question.

Marks seemed like a dick at times too!

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I think he is trying to keep it all grounded and not give an impressions of being too high or too low on things.

Ram65

Legend

I don't think so. I wish was he was more specific on Tavon other than his speed which he was impressed with. He showed some frustration on Goff and timing which was an insight. IMHO I thought he was thinking of the appropriate answers.

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I heard Wade say that he's only installed about half of the D, so far.
Phillips seemed to be comfortable with the fact they have installed 1/2 of our "D" so if he's happy, I'm happy!

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Really liked the Phillips interview. The part that stood out to me was him talking about defending McVay's scheme. Said McVay knows how to identify the weakness of a coverage and attack it. We'll see in a week how much Goff has learned about identifying and attacking coverage.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Would love to know what is top on the list for them with Goff to "master." Is it timing? Is it reading his progressions? Footwork so that he doesn't miss high so much?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Would love to know what is top on the list for them with Goff to "master." Is it timing? Is it reading his progressions? Footwork so that he doesn't miss high so much?
It all boils down to "Technique!" JMHO!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

You're saying Shanny Jr rubbed off on him in Atlanta? :p

I don't think so. I wish was he was more specific on Tavon other than his speed which he was impressed with.

Honestly I don't think he could be. Speed and change of direction quickness are Tavon's thing, but he's missed a lot and if the guy hasn't stood out in the other ways like the route execution and stuff what is the coach going to go to in the interview? His speed and natural gifts.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
LaFleur seems okay to me. Certainly not a dick.

He appears to have high standards and I get the impression that he wants more (maybe much more) from his QB and some of his WR's.

At the same time, he doesn't want to unnecessarily criticize players to the media.

Seems like a good balance, if you ask me.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception

No, its just the LA media who are morons asking unintelligent ?'s....

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I didn't know that Jack was our OC.....I do like his team motto, though.

59686a8dba99a949480555f8ee6b2288.jpg