McVay/Schrager podcast series

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I have a feeling McVay is going to be a modern Madden. He's going to win a Super Bowl or three and then move into the media where he'll be just as much a juggernaut as he was as a coach. The guy will probably get a blank check to move over tbh. I just hope those SB wins are with us.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have a feeling McVay is going to be a modern Madden. He's going to win a Super Bowl or three and then move into the media where he'll be just as much a juggernaut as he was as a coach. The guy will probably get a blank check to move over tbh. I just hope those SB wins are with us.
"I'm happy to be here in Seattle and hope to take Pete Carroll's team to new heights' ~ Boy Wonder

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

MachS

Hall of Fame
I will be listening to this today thanks for posting! Hopefully we get some gold off the record type stuff we can infer from this. Like trading for Julio :biggrin:

Flint

Pro Bowler
I don’t know, McVay can be hard to listen to. There’s a lot of words with some coach speak thrown in but maybe he’s better in this format.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don’t know, McVay can be hard to listen to. There’s a lot of words with some coach speak thrown in but maybe he’s better in this format.
Yeah he's really good at saying a bunch of generalized shit that tells you nothing lol. But this series going forward has a lot of promise. I encourage anything that puts the Rams into the media eye. In fact I love that we're now a recognized top brand in today's NFL can't get enough of that. (y)

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

It was more conversational and less just about football than I am used to hearing him.

He did still do the really annoying thing where he says "and hey" 500 times.

"You know really its just a situation where we will say 'hey, how does this affect our team and hey, how can we get better' " yadda yadda. That grinds my gears.

MachS

Hall of Fame
I listened to this today and love the banter between the two. Was wondering how in depth he was going to get with the Mexico trip and meeting Stafford down there LOL. He'll never admit to tampering but how could they not after a few drinks.

He seems to have more excitement and rejuvenated energy based on listening to him. I bet he cant wait for this season to start.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Haven't seen this posted yet but apologies if I have just missed it.

You NEED to listen to these if you're a rams fan. The first was 70 mins long and there are apparently going to be a series of ten.

View: https://open.spotify.com/episode/6OmMtkpb8a1axwuimhY3Bs?si=udwTpgEKSAa5QpzfIvXkow&utm_source=copy-link

I will be listening to this on Friday.

1559055453thank-you-9.png

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Listened to both episodes on the highway and while mowing today.

It's very interesting and there are some interesting stories and nuggets of insight you don't normally get.
For instance, McVay says he tends to be more impulsive than patient.
I found that interesting. Matt Lafleur pointing out that he can't think of a certain play the way Sean can, who famously "remembers every play he's ever called". He called him "rainman" haha. I mean, that's well known about McVay and has always been seen as part of his brilliance as a play caller... but for the first time I kind of pondered how that could almost become a burden for McVay. Just a thought.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'll give it a try but "hey" I am the furthest thing from a Pete Schrager fan. I can barely stand the guy for a few minutes.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Listened to both episodes on the highway and while mowing today.

It's very interesting and there are some interesting stories and nuggets of insight you don't normally get.
For instance, McVay says he tends to be more impulsive than patient.
I found that interesting. Matt Lafleur pointing out that he can't think of a certain play the way Sean can, who famously "remembers every play he's ever called". He called him "rainman" haha. I mean, that's well known about McVay and has always been seen as part of his brilliance as a play caller... but for the first time I kind of pondered how that could almost become a burden for McVay. Just a thought.

I believe that.