McVay plans to coach for "Years to Come"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
Okay he is breaking up the Rams to go after Caleb next year so he can have a top QB for years after that

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
While going into a booth to become an analyst pays an enormous amount of money for someone like McVay, he would probably see his family & friends even less than as a HC. Between all the travel, research and potentially covering multiple games per week all year, and possibly not restricted only to pro-football, he may have discovered that while trying to start a family, the hours spent away from home might be more conducive to older adults with grown children. Whitworth should be of some help in his decision, although Whit only works a handful of games per football season, I'd still be curious what his paycheck looks like in comparison to other offers like assistant coaching in the Pro's or as a college coach. jmo.

dang

Legend
McVay is a special dude. Driven by high expectations. 1 Super Bowl is nice. 3+ is special.

tempests

Hall of Fame
I'm not convinced Sean knows how he's going to feel 12 or 24 months from now.

Networks are still going to be sniffing around.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
There was a lot of speculation at the end of the season. A number of people thought Sean McVay would not be staying as coach of the Rams. But he ultimately decided to stay. "I don't want to run from adversity. I want to run through it".

The question is, did he know they would likely be going through some sort of rebuild? Or as they would call it, retooling or resetting. Was he on board with that?

If the answer is yes, and I believe it is, then I think that bodes well for him staying beyond 2023. Why would he stay if he knew a rebuild was coming? It makes sense that he wants to see it through.

Do this rebuild right and they can return to prominence as early as 2024. I figure Stafford has maybe 3 years left. They could try one more all in within a couple years before he hangs it up. Guys like Donald and Kupp will be in their twilight years but can be good veteran leaders for the next group of players.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
3E437EBF-345A-4D42-AE55-5AD00ECA55A9.jpeg

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I read the tea leaves and predicted this. If McVay was one and done then the rebuild makes zero sense. He’d be shooting for one more Super Bowl next year, which means keeping his best players.

dang

Legend
I read the tea leaves and predicted this. If McVay was one and done then the rebuild makes zero sense. He’d be shooting for one more Super Bowl next year, which means keeping his best players.
As stated previously. 1 Super Bowl is nice. 3+ Super Bowls is special. I believe McVay is and wants to be remembered as special.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He gets all stressed out, burned out. Then this off-season he has off more time than usual and now he is revitalized, rejuvenated and ready to conquer the NFL world.

dang

Legend
Once the reality of not having Whit, OBJ, Miller, Corbett, Weddle set in - it was clear the Rams were not set-up to “run it back” in 2022. But coming off a Super Bowl win, McVay had to try which they did by acquiring Wagner and ARob. He had no time to retool nor did he have assurance the team couldn’t rally until he was 6-7 weeks into the season. At that point, it was time to see what they had and start making decisions on who was going along for the 2023 ride (even trying tfor CMC, Burns) and who wasnt (bye bye TLewis, Hollins, Henderson, etc). There’s a plan and it started mid-season 2022.