McVay not committing to Cam Akers being Rams' workhorse RB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
In their young careers, both Akers and Henderson are already showing a real propensity to get banged up, and neither seems particularly well built physically to be a bell cow like Gurley was. I think running back by committee suits this group perfectly. Keep them both healthy and fresh, and ride the hot hand. They also compliment each other well, with Henderson having breakaway speed that Akers does not.

I am surprised so many are writing off Henderson just because he has been quiet for a few weeks. He was incredible early this season, and justifiably, among the NFL's top graded RBs by PFF at that point. Sadly, he's been knicked up since. Hopefully, this group can stay healthy. Other than durability concerns, I really like this RB cadre.

Interesting that Henderson has breakaway speed that Akers does not when Akers has had more explosive and longer runs on fewer carries.
I guess breakaway speed is less important than vision.

Akers has plenty of speed. Henderson might explode out of the hole faster but I'm not sure he really is any faster than Akers.