CELEBRATE !! McVay is Staying!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
We should remember McVay is a young guy... just got married... grandfather passes away.... all the crazy injuries this year...his wife's family is I'm the Ukraine I believe.. he needed a couple days to decompress...

These few years have impacted a lot of people's peace of mind .. he needed to clear his head.... can't be mad at him

Now let's get back to being a prime team in this league

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
The first time I ever recall hearing about Florio is when his little known & little trusted website stated that the Rams were about to trade Torry Holt to the Saints for Donte Stallworth... A few days later Holt got his first big contract from the Rams.

He has always been a fool.

Last edited:

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Looks like some folks who said mean things about him have some crow to eat. ;)
Does that include you who said the Rams have leverage over his contract? I'm curious

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Does that include you who said the Rams have leverage over his contract? I'm curious
Happy to clear up any confusion. I can only assume that you are referring to my comment that the Rams would still retain the rights to his contract if he walked away. And my response is that comment wasn't saying anything negative about McVay. In fact, that comment explaining the legalities of the situation arose while I was defending McVay from people who chose to take shots at him. So yeah, I'm not sure how you're trying to spin that into me criticizing McVay.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
But..................but..................but what about the 43% of the fans who don't want him ?

Sorry about your luck.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
There isn't a wide gap between them and multiple NFC Playoff teams. It was just a rough year after tasting Super Bowl glory.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Happy to clear up any confusion. I can only assume that you are referring to my comment that the Rams would still retain the rights to his contract if he walked away. And my response is that comment wasn't saying anything negative about McVay. In fact, that comment explaining the legalities of the situation arose while I was defending McVay from people who chose to take shots at him. So yeah, I'm not sure how you're trying to spin that into me criticizing McVay.
Pretty simple,Mcvay would have had a hard time working in The NFL for awhile.
—Plus could you image all the strutting he would have taken from EVERYONE!! There are a lot of folks who don’t like a WINNER!!

Mcvay has. LAGACY to keep

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
His little B’ tch Boy is also the biggest 49ers suck up.
His daddy was a never achiever as a QB. Little B’ tch boy couldn’t even play well at Texas,but always thought he was a that.
He was a non athletic wussy imo.
I will give him credit for making though to the league.

Simms & Jim together is like thinking about toasty vomit

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

now that he's had his ego stroked by the nfl media for the past week maybe he can get back to the business of leading the rams back to superbowl glory.

just come up with a better plan than stafford to kupp.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I just haven’t thought McVay would walk after this season because he doesn’t want to go out this way. Same with Donald and Stafford. The whole Rams org for that matter should just treat this season as a mulligan. Reload and come back healthy.

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ummmm..you didn't see his press conference stating that he was going to take a few days to make up his mind?

Actually no, I didnt see that. I had kinda checked out of the season by that point if that happened. I guess what I saw was from right *before* the last game

View: https://twitter.com/GManzano24/status/1611442321035505664?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1611442321035505664%7Ctwgr%5E043f31ab28e49dd6174d5ad8f9228c40047cebf9%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.turfshowtimes.com%2F2023%2F1%2F6%2F23543287%2Fsean-mcvay-broadcast-rumors-tv-retirement-rams

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
He was the one who reported it & made it BIG NEWS!!!
Rapoport was one of many.

He also failed to acknowledge, in any way, the many members of the National Media (including his Network) that spent several days pushing the narrative that McVay was gone. Instead, he went in the opposite direction by agreeing that McVay's return was 'expected' by that same National Media.

Disingenuous ... Unprofessional ... Cowardly ... a few appropriate adjectives that come-to-mind.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
Welcome Home Sean!!. I am thrilled to say the least. Sean is going to be energized to right the wrong that was this season and the gods are going to bless us to be relatively injury free after this season.....

Garret Riley would have been a nice get for OC, big jump but sometimes you have to get the guy, before he becomes, "the guy".

Id be OK with Kingsbury.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

Yeah, that McVay quote was from Friday, January 6th, prior to the final weekend of the regular season.

Beginning Sunday, when Glazer reported on one of the pre-game shows that sources inside the Rams' building thought McVay was 'more than less likely to leave', there were a ton of reports and stories touting a number of scenarios over the next seven days.

You were smart (or lucky) to have 'checked-out' a little early. Saved yourself some anxiety. Lucky bastard!

Ellard80

Legend

Demhoff said before that they knew before the year started that McVay wasn't sure if he would be back after this year.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I see a lot of people wondering if Mcvay will give up play calling but isn't that his best trait? I don't really know how coaching vs coordinating works. I figured they'd just hire a really good offensive brain to scout opponents and lay ground work for Mcvay to decide how he wants to call each game. Still a load off his back but I don't think Mcvay will want to not call plays.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Rapoport was one of many.

He also failed to acknowledge, in any way, the many members of the National Media (including his Network) that spent several days pushing the narrative that McVay was gone. Instead, he went in the opposite direction by agreeing that McVay's return was 'expected' by that same National Media.

Disingenuous ... Unprofessional ... Cowardly ... a few appropriate adjectives that come-to-mind.
Just like social media, where they just keep feeding people what they want to hear, even if it isn't the truth because it creates more clicks and advertising revenue. Only Rams fans wanted McVay to keep coaching the Rams. The story created more "clicks" this way. As opposed to McVay just taking a few days to decompress after a tough year. How boring.

Nothing to see here.

TXRams86

The Infamous
I see a lot of people wondering if Mcvay will give up play calling but isn't that his best trait? I don't really know how coaching vs coordinating works. I figured they'd just hire a really good offensive brain to scout opponents and lay ground work for Mcvay to decide how he wants to call each game. Still a load off his back but I don't think Mcvay will want to not call plays.
No, his best trait is his ability to lead a building full of men with complex personalities and issues both in and outside of the facility. Play calling is second to that and many of us believe the team, and McVay individually, would benefit from a true offensive coordinator.