McVay gives up more points before the half, AGAIN

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Instead of playing one man short with Van Jefferson, I have no idea why we don't give Robinson or Johnson a chance to play. Skro is too slow to make an impact.
If Jefferson were replaced by Skow on that crosser in that first trip to the endzone I have to think the QB would have high pointed him and gotten that ball out of his hand.

Stafford was poor but I am sure there are some wideout criticisms to go around and I'm guessing some are on Van.

oldnotdead

Legend
McVay said he felt Williams was a RB1. But he didn't play him like one, and the guy can't be relied upon to catch. I say they should look at Royce Freeman. He's shown he can catch and pass block making him a viable 3 down RB. He's 6' tall weighs in at 238 lbs and runs a 4.5 which is faster than Williams who runs a 4.6.

If McVay doubts Williams he has Freeman and Evans behind him. Evans is even faster at 4.4 at 5'11" and 202 lbs. I think it's time for McVay to see these guys in a real game.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I will say that while I criticize McVay's passhappiness I also fully appreciate what a great head coach he is. To me he is of that level where even an annoying tendency pales vs his strengths.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
I will say that while I criticize McVay's passhappiness I also fully appreciate what a great head coach he is. To me he is of that level where even an annoying tendency pales vs his strengths.

Agree , as frustrating as last night was I think we have to be careful what we wish for. I will back McVay to respond next week.

Go Rams!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'm a little absent minded. Have the Rams won a game after giving up an easy fg or td drive in the last minute of the 1st half? I don't remember them doing it the last few years.

John R

Rookie
Name
John R
yeah why did we score a touchdown against SF with 1:52 remaning... dumb move...

What are you talking about?
I think he’s talking about our defense allowing a team to foe the length of the field to score a touchdown in under two minutes. Drive me nuts. Last week we had all the momentum after cramming the ball down their throats. If we could have stopped them at the end of the half, I’m certain we would have won.

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
it was a team loss. and a bad look.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
It has become obvious to everyone that McVay needs to be forced by ownership to turn over the play calling responsibilities to the someone else. Also, he needs to be more interested in what is happening when the Rams defense is on the field. I for one will not be at all disappointed to see McVay and Morris both replaced after this season.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
Well. I don't think it could be any worse. This guy needs to stick to playing Madden and leave the NFL to the real coaches.
We’re all pissed off at how indescribably stupid some of his decisions were last night.

But we can’t forget that he’s won three division crowns, two NFC Championships and a Super Bowl in just six years.

He’s obviously an outstanding coach but, like everybody else, prone to having off days.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Loss on McVay. It seems running the ball is beneath him.
Which is particularly strange because McVay's two top rivals in Seattle and San Fran have been beating his ass by running big running backs down our throat and wearing down our defense.

Amazing how I've been seeing it for years and screaming that we should get a big brute running back.

Meanwhile, McVay had been spending his money on Allen Robinsons and little scat backs.