McVay gives up more points before the half, AGAIN

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
It seems almost every week McVay goes aggressive pass happy before the half, with little time left, and when they don't convert, the other team scores.

We were literally ahead 6-3, and all we needed to do was run the ball, and run the half out, and go into the next half with possession and the lead.

I wish I knew the exact numbers on how often this happens, but it seems to me like almost every time.

Last week the same thing happened with SF.

Ellard80

Legend
It seems almost every week McVay goes aggressive pass happy before the half, with little time left, and when they don't convert, the other team scores.

We were literally ahead 6-3, and all we needed to do was run the ball, and run the half out, and go into the next half with possession and the lead.

I wish I knew the exact numbers on how often this happens, but it seems to me like almost every time.

Last week the same thing happened with SF.
yeah why did we score a touchdown against SF with 1:52 remaning... dumb move...

What are you talking about?

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
McVay has been great this year. Tonight, thus far, he has been poor. Let's see what he can do before the game is over though before blowing up over his performance in Cincy.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The other guys get paid too, ya know.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
yeah why did we score a touchdown against SF with 1:52 remaning... dumb move...

What are you talking about?

We gave them WAY too much time on the clock to come down and score. Should have ran the clock out more.
This happens constantly.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Backup OT against their best pass rusher. No changes???
Its crazy. He's totally mismatched against them. To the point anyone should be better. And they're leaving him on an island to sink or swim. He's pretty deep by now.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I think this should become the vent thread, this game is over already unless the defense comes up with a miracle and Noteboom moves to LT.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
This is what happens when you pat yourself on the back repeatedly after a loss.

"Oh, we played SO HARD against SF, we did so well. . . ."

McVay practically gave out game balls after that loss.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Then there will be threads claiming they played too scared instead of keeping their foot on the gas.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hey, we were one onside kick recovery away from stealing the victory as we had all the momentum.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
And think, without giving them those points before the half, at worst, we are tied at the end of regulation.

Name
Richard Levy
This game would have been much different if we'd run the ball when we were at the 3 yard line early instead of throwing and taking a sack when we shouldn't have been throwing at all.

We should have had a touchdown there and then we would have been playing with a lead.

We should have run on our other first half red zone trips too. No excuse not to have been up by at least 10 points going in at halftime.

Losing our left offensive tackle was huge and led to all the Bengal pressure in the second half, but our backup left tackle should have been given help.

No excuse for leaving him on an island.

We didn't manage the first half well and our play calling there left Stafford hung out to dry.

Since we didn't get those early touchdowns, we gave the Bengals the chance to take the lead and bring pass rush pressure every down in the second half.

This was a game we definitely should have won.

Tutu definitely scored a TD on the early catch. There's no way that there was enough evidence to say that his foot touched the sideline. The refs made a hometown call.

Tutu looks amazing. Scary fast and smooth.

It's time to move on from Van Jefferson. He just doesn't get open enough to be an every down threat.

Trade Jefferson to open up a roster spot and bring in a depth receiver who can be a return man. It's pathetic that we fair catch every punt, gain no field position and we have no threat of breaking one.

We're the only team in the league that fair catches every punt and the only one whose starting running back is our punt returner.

Instead of playing one man short with Van Jefferson, I have no idea why we don't give Robinson or Johnson a chance to play. Skro is too slow to make an impact.

We really need an edge rusher badly. Got to make QB's uncomfortable. We're getting no pressure from either side and QB's are feeling no outside heat. All our pressure was from stunts in the middle.

Our punt return coverage is very poor. We've got to find a gunner, no one is ever within 15 yards of the opposing returner when he catches the ball.

I'm not a fan of some of our tackling angles in the secondary; Fuller is always late to the play and is giving up too much yardage before initiating contact and Durant and Kendricks are avoiding contact and are ducking under tackles and not wrapping up.

We gave up some first downs by not fully committing to the tackle and gave up too many YAC on short passes.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
This game would have been much different if we'd run the ball when we were at the 3 yard line early instead of throwing and taking a sack when we shouldn't have been throwing at all.

We should have had a touchdown there and then we would have been playing with a lead.

We should have run on our other first half red zone trips too. No excuse not to have been up by at least 10 points going in at halftime.

Losing our left offensive tackle was huge and led to all the Bengal pressure in the second half, but our backup left tackle should have been given help.

No excuse for leaving him on an island.

We didn't manage the first half well and our play calling there left Stafford hung out to dry.

Since we didn't get those early touchdowns, we gave the Bengals the chance to take the lead and bring pass rush pressure every down in the second half.

This was a game we definitely should have won.

Tutu definitely scored a TD on the early catch. There's no way that there was enough evidence to say that his foot touched the sideline. The refs made a hometown call.

Tutu looks amazing. Scary fast and smooth.

It's time to move on from Van Jefferson. He just doesn't get open enough to be an every down threat.

Trade Jefferson to open up a roster spot and bring in a depth receiver who can be a return man. It's pathetic that we fair catch every punt, gain no field position and we have no threat of breaking one.

We're the only team in the league that fair catches every punt and the only one whose starting running back is our punt returner.

Instead of playing one man short with Van Jefferson, I have no idea why we don't give Robinson or Johnson a chance to play. Skro is too slow to make an impact.

We really need an edge rusher badly. Got to make QB's uncomfortable. We're getting no pressure from either side and QB's are feeling no outside heat. All our pressure was from stunts in the middle.

Our punt return coverage is very poor. We've got to find a gunner, no one is ever within 15 yards of the opposing returner when he catches the ball.

I'm not a fan of some of our tackling angles in the secondary; Fuller is always late to the play and is giving up too much yardage before initiating contact and Durant and Kendricks are avoiding contact and are ducking under tackles and not wrapping up.

We gave up some first downs by not fully committing to the tackle and gave up too many YAC on short passes.
But apart from that, everything’s fine. Right?