McShay's First Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
DR RAM said:
For me, unfortunately, and I hate to say this, I have to see what Blackmon runs, he will need to run a low 4.5 to better to be a top 5 pick. I think he's a fantastic player, great body control and hands, and he makes big plays all the time, but he's not 6'2 or taller, so if he only runs a high 4.5 or worse, he probably doesn't have great long speed.

Right now Blackmon is recorded of running a 4.54 40... A low of 4.45 and a high of 4.64... We'll see how that improves by the time the combine comes around though, if it does.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
DR RAM said:
Angry Ram said:
There's gonna be so much over-analyzing over the next few months.

:dangit: :dangit: :dangit: :dangit: :dangit: :dangit: :dangit: :dangit: :dangit:

Just look at the tape, research their character. Boom. Pick made.
Not that easy. Every player is a projection, because of where they played, who they played against, how they did against the top competition, and then how they project after a year or two of pro-level training and coaching. There are no slouches in the NFL, these were the best of the best in college and excelled to the point to where they have a starting job in the NFL. May have been earned right away, may have been forced, or they may have worked years to get to where they are now.

A top college receiver, for instance, may only play against an NFL caliber corner one or two times in their college careers.

Yeah.

But that's not my point. Mine is there is gonna be a consensus top prospect, which someone, somewhere will bring up some random time when he struggled and use that to say he isn't worthy. I get legitimate concerns (speed, competition, etc) but the biggest example I can think what I'm saying of is Phil Simm's "analysis" of Andrew Luck.