McCaffrey?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramon Ram

Starter
Would be wonderful in our offense. Would they wait 2 years for a #1 lol?

CHRISTIAN MCCAFFREYRB, CAROLINA PANTHERS
Christian McCaffrey

ESPN's David Newton reports the Panthers would "consider" trading Christian McCaffrey for "a first-round pick and another player without a big salary cap number."​

It would be quite the move after the Panthers gave McCaffrey a massive contract extension last offseason. Head coach Matt Rhule in January said he "fully expects" the oft-injured McCaffrey to be on the team's roster in 2022, dismissing trade rumors that have circulated for months. CMC has missed 23 games over the past two seasons with a variety of injuries that have effectively sunk the Panthers offense. McCaffrey would be a $26.6 million dead cap hit in 2022 if Carolina parted ways with him, making a trade nearly impossible. The Panthers' best hope is for CMC, entering his age-26 season, can stay reasonably healthy in 2022. General manager Scott Fitterer said in January that McCaffrey could be used more as a slot receiver in the Carolina offense.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
This guy is just an injury waiting to happen. Add to that his ginormous contract and I'm staying far away from this dude.
Remember, in Football your first ability is your availability.
~ArkyRamsFan

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
$8.5 million this year and $12 million the next three years. Say goodbye to Von, OBJ, Woods?, Higbee, any chance at a decent second CB, you're going to have a rookie LT to protect Stafford. All these are possibilities for a very talented RB who can't stay healthy. Personally keep drafting RB every year and cycle them in until their rookie deals are done and you move to the next guy. I'd rather have Von than CMC every day twice on Sundays. Sure it would be nice but would it be a good way to spend that cap money?

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Everybody loves a healthy Ed McCaffery. Unfortunately, you don't get much of that anymore. Pass.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Hard pass, he hasn’t played a full year since 2019 and has had 2 years as a top RB.

First round and a player, they’re smoking crack.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
This guy is just an injury waiting to happen. Add to that his ginormous contract and I'm staying far away from this dude.
Remember, in Football your first ability is your availability.
~ArkyRamsFan

Well if he goes to a team that doesn't make him be 80% of the offense, he shouldn't get hurt as often as he is. Send him to say, the Bills, and watch him return to being a super stud.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
He is major talent but the rb position isnt what it used to be. Teams seem to not want to pay that position so while he is special its tough to not only absorb momey but trade a 1st round pick for a rb even of his skills? I dont think they would get a 1st round pick to be honest plus factor in the injury history. I definitely dont think they will get a 1st.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
Now they said a third and a four, then yeah maybe I'll have a conversation about it

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
$8.5 million this year and $12 million the next three years. Say goodbye to Von, OBJ, Woods?, Higbee, any chance at a decent second CB, you're going to have a rookie LT to protect Stafford. All these are possibilities for a very talented RB who can't stay healthy. Personally keep drafting RB every year and cycle them in until their rookie deals are done and you move to the next guy. I'd rather have Von than CMC every day twice on Sundays. Sure it would be nice but would it be a good way to spend that cap money?
The panthers have damn near ruined this kid. Wayyy over used. Probably broke more bones than
Evel Knievel. :giggle:
Just hope the kid finds a place that will use him correctly. As a piece of the offense instead of the entire offense.
lord knows he's earned it.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Well if he goes to a team that doesn't make him be 80% of the offense, he shouldn't get hurt as often as he is. Send him to say, the Bills, and watch him return to being a super stud.
Mebbe, but the Bills don't have the cap issues and potential roster holes that we do.
We gotta figure out what to do at LOT, Center and very possibly Right Guard. And that's just the OL.
We also gotta get Von resigned, make a decision on SJD and find a Corner if Williams bails.
Heh....and don't look now but what's the plan with Hekker and signing Matt Gay long term?
Nope, it's gonna be a wild ride this off-season and our FO needs all the cap flexibility it can to get it right.
Just my .02

~ArkyRamsFan~

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Everybody loves a healthy Ed McCaffery. Unfortunately, you don't get much of that anymore. Pass.

Think you mean Christian McCaffrey. Ed was the WR with Denver in the 90s iirc

REV3NGE

Rookie
Name
Adrian
Noooo way! Incredible player, but Way too injury prone. He hasn’t played a full season in YEARS. What good is it having him watch from the sidelines. Look at how much he’s helped the panthers in the last few years.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'd kick the tires if he got cut. Injured or not, he's an elite running back in both the running game and passing game if he's healthy.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This guy gets hurt more than Darrell Henderson. No thanks
I heard he’s related to Anthony Davis

Parks And Recreation Reaction GIF