Maybe Suh and Barron weren't as good as we thought.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
The fact that they are still unsigned shows that other teams do not value them very much going forward. They may not be that difficult to replace, in the Rams starting lineup.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Barron is hard to place. Too small for LB—too poor in coverage for safety. He needs to gains 20lbs.

It’s been reported that Suh will take his time.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Barron is hard to place. Too small for LB—too poor in coverage for safety. He needs to gains 20lbs.

It’s been reported that Suh will take his time.

I know I AM PROBABLY CRAZY and I KNOW it won’t happen and the Rams probably can’t afford him BUT I still wish he would re-sign with the Rams (This coming from a person that was probably Suh’s LEAST biggest Fan BEFORE last season!!!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The fact that they are still unsigned shows that other teams do not value them very much going forward. They may not be that difficult to replace, in the Rams starting lineup.

Every year vet players wait all off-season right before, or right after camp to get signed.

And every year, the pattern goes like this:

1. Big name FAs get signed.

2. Underrated and young depth players looking for starting gigs get signed.

3. Everyone else.

nighttrain

Legend
Teams that like players in the position of Suh and Barron are gonna wait til after the draft, might not need them then
train

fearsomefour

Legend
Every year vet players wait all off-season right before, or right after camp to get signed.

And every year, the pattern goes like this:

1. Big name FAs get signed.

2. Underrated and young depth players looking for starting gigs get signed.

3. Everyone else.
Didn't the Rams add Suh kind of late into FA last year?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Wait... People thought they were good? :p

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Suh didn’t do himself any favors by coasting so much during the regular season last year.

For such a smart guy, did he think that the other 31 teams don’t look at coaches film? C’mon...

He’ll get signed somewhere, I’m sure. But it coulda been for more if he had busted his hump during the regular season.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Suh didn’t do himself any favors by coasting so much during the regular season last year.

For such a smart guy, did he think that the other 31 teams don’t look at coaches film? C’mon...

He’ll get signed somewhere, I’m sure. But it coulda been for more if he had busted his hump during the regular season.
I wonder if it was a strategy by the coaches. Suh sits back most of the game trying to react to whatever chaos Donald caused. Late in close games he turns it on to make critical stops, but early and on blowouts they let Donald do his thing. Then in the playoffs he turns it on all game.

It makes a kind of sense, even if it is a little conspiracy theory-esque.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I didn't know that we had the Egyptian wind god on our team (Shu). How did we lose to the Cheatriots if we had the gods on our side? :p

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Now how did you by chance know that Shu was the Egyptian wind god?

Rick Riordan's books and a lot of searching on Wikipedia. Granted, they don't tell the whole story, but there's enough, lawl. :D

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Would not be surprised if we re-sign Barron on the cheap. Do I think it's a good move? Meh....

dang

Legend
Barron seemed to do best in the 4-3 OLB position. I like his toughness but he is a situational player at best for the Rams. I would love to know if the Rams are considering Zach Brown or Brandon Marshall to shore up the ILB crew.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Suh was great when it counted,but like others have said...Teams don’t want to pay part time players,big money.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Suh will go elsewhere for more money. Somebody will pay him more than what the Rams will offer. Even if his middling performance during the regular season has him having to sign for less than he wants

Barron I could see going unsigned. He's aging, has injury problems, is coming off his worst season in years, has always been under-appreciated league wide, and is a "tweener" in terms of his position such that many teams can't even maximize his talents when he's at his best. If he has no suitors, I would contemplate taking him back at a reduced rate, assuming Barron would be agreeable to that, just to see if last year was a blip on the radar as opposed to the beginning of a steep decline. He played very well in the playoffs. But given the risk of the latter, I'd be equally as comfortable moving on entirely, and going wish Kiser / a draft pick / an ouside FA signing at the position.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Suh is coming back or else my name isn't really 12inthebox.

I certainly hope your name really is 12inthebox! I am hoping that getting another shot at the NFL Championship with the Rams might pursuade Suh to give the Rams a DISCOUNT!!!

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Barron seemed to do best in the 4-3 OLB position. I like his toughness but he is a situational player at best for the Rams. I would love to know if the Rams are considering Zach Brown or Brandon Marshall to shore up the ILB crew.

Our D would be SICK w Zach Brown.