Maybe a dumb question here, but...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we had Tre Mason and Benny Cunningham this year, I don't think we would have been 11-5 or close. Gurley is a big back WITH break away speed, and those aren't around every year. I don't think we would've beat Dallas, Tennessee, New Orleans, and maybe some others without the contributions of Gurley.

Sure - but there's a lot of distance between Gurley and acceptable but not excellent backups. The idea is that rather than pay huge star running backs on their second contract a fortune, maintain a pipeline of quality starters or a stable of very good role players who are inexpensive. And then use the savings to strengthen other positions. With a salary cap there are always tough decisions about who to keep - since very few high usage running backs maintain an extremely high level of performance throughout a second contract, that is one place to save money.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
No....truly great players make others around them better. Donald makes our defense respectable...
I’d say that he makes our defense great along with other respectable players. I would say this about probably no other defensive player and I’m not even one who values his position as a huge need for most defenses. He showed how important he is. I’d find a way to pay the man.