Matthew Stafford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
We cant have it both ways man, that's what I realized. Stafford has a lot of Favre in him. He's just a gunslinger who has confidence in his arm to a degree most cant comprehend. He knows he can make every throw, and he wants to make the difficult throws. Thats the difference.

Dan Orlovsky highlighted this right after the trade went down a year ago- he said back in his Detroit days they were in a meeting in the QB room looking at some film of Stafford, and on a certain play there were two wide open WRs for intermediate gains, yet Stafford threw a 50 yard bomb into a tiny window for a competition. And Orlovsky asked him "dude wtf, why would you risk that throw when there's an obviously easier, safer throw for a guaranteed completion?" And Stafford replied, "because guys like you cant make that throw Dan." To me that just showed his mindset and how he feels he can attack defenses with his arm. Will it always work? No it wont, that gunslinger mentality will lead to INTs occasionally but that's just how this dude is wired.

I'm interested in knowing what the exact dialog was because it doesn't sound like something Stafford would say, but then again what do I know. I mean I can see him saying I like to throw that, but I don't see him insulting his backup like that.

Deac

Starter
Name
Sean
I see it being a smart ass joke, but with a little truth to it, just to have a overexaggerated dig. I do that shit all the time, smart ass dry humor, where both of you laugh.

If he pulled that off like a jerk, Orlovski would not be his biggest fan, like he is.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah players know what each other can and can't do. No need for extreme sensitivities when you're together so much that you're like family.

MachS

Hall of Fame
I'm interested in knowing what the exact dialog was because it doesn't sound like something Stafford would say, but then again what do I know. I mean I can see him saying I like to throw that, but I don't see him insulting his backup like that.
Orlovsky said it like 3 different times on ESPN shows just to illustrate to people how different Stafford's mindset is. I saw it on First Take, but here's him talking about it on NFL Live midway through the season. And he wasn't insulting his backup, they were teammates and good friends and he was just talking shit. Like 'when you have this type of arm you can make those throws.' It wasn't in a malicious way man, it just shows the confidence he has in his talent.

View: https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/1450946594237521921?s=20&t=bYZFocslwWi04fU132-3Ow

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Orlovsky said it like 3 different times on ESPN shows just to illustrate to people how different Stafford's mindset is. I saw it on First Take, but here's him talking about it on NFL Live midway through the season. And he wasn't insulting his backup, they were teammates and good friends and he was just talking shit. Like 'when you have this type of arm you can make those throws.' It wasn't in a malicious way man, it just shows the confidence he has in his talent.

View: https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/1450946594237521921?s=20&t=bYZFocslwWi04fU132-3Ow

Well there's a perfect example of proper context. Thank you.

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
I have a feeling that this will be a signature game for the rams and Stafford. without it we wont get any respect and I'm tired of everyone discounting this rams team. we will let history do the talking. go rams.