Matthew Stafford leaves Detroit with heavy heart

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't think leaving Detroit will be that tough...
I was thinking the same lol. Seems like the worst places I worked and lived were the places I appreciated later. Much later. Maybe once he wins three straight Super Bowls with us he can retire and then go catch an occasional game up there and get his Detroit fix. :ROFLMAO:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I feel a lot about who I am was established growing up in a blue collar town.

I didn’t want to move away either.

I get that part.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I feel a lot about who I am was established growing up in a blue collar town.

I didn’t want to move away either.

I get that part.
There is nothing blue collar about his 227 million lol. Detroit may be blue collar but Stafford was in a different part I’m sure

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How can you not love this dude? Man, he wants to win, gave it all for that team, was all in for them. Will be all in for us.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
I've yet to see an interview with him about moving here. Or any comments.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I've yet to see an interview with him about moving here. Or any comments.
There was an article interview with him yesterday and he talked about it.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

That will make him feel better...

Now onto...
VC_California101_VeniceBeach_Stock_RF_638340372_1280x640.jpg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
There is nothing blue collar about his 227 million lol. Detroit may be blue collar but Stafford was in a different part I’m sure

Well, sure.

IMO a blue collar town treats it's stars differently. Those towns appreciate effort, heart, and fight.

I could see how when out on the town, the Stafford's would get high fives. Fewer jerk like comments.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, sure.

IMO a blue collar town treats it's stars differently. Those towns appreciate effort, heart, and fight.

I could see how when out on the town, the Stafford's would get high fives. Fewer jerk like comments.
I fell ya man I was just teasing. I can certainly see the difference in Detroit he would likely be worshiped but when out on the town in LA might get the "who gives a fuck" reaction lmao

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
That will make him feel better...

Now onto...
View attachment 43679

I went to high school literally blocks from there... well, okay, maybe a bit more than that, but yeah. Rode that path countless times both for fun and training.

Other folks only cared about being on the road, but I enjoyed the extra concentration and bike handling I developed as those cement paths were super slick if there was the slightest water or sand on it... and as you can see... there's always some of both around.

I have no interest in going back to SoCal other than to catch a game, seeing my best friend and his wife... well, and getting an Expo '73 omelette from Uncle Bill's Pancake House in Manhattan Beach...

But man, do I miss those rides I took as a kid...

JRobinson

MiLB
I feel for him.

12 years is a long time. The relationships they’ve built outside of football will forever be much more valuable than this game we invest time into. Plus, any person who sticks out tough times in a location will always have nostalgic memories. Picking up your family and moving to a completely new environment with hardly any friends or family to speak of is rough. Gotta have a good support system in professional sports; I know that from experience.